PDA

View Full Version : Help with G V AOC start

Looooong haul
4th Nov 2005, 07:59
Hi

I am working on starting a JAA AOC to change a privately run N reg G V to the commercial world. I am looking for a company or a person with experience in setting this up. Any references or somebody with experience who can help on this?

Please send me a mail, thnx!

100t please
5th Nov 2005, 07:35
Hi Loooooong Haul,

I've sent you a private message. Please email me. Thanks

Looooong haul
7th Nov 2005, 14:12
Thanks for all the advice so far! MM specially thanks for your advice how true it is!

I now only need an experienced postholder flight ops (contract or permanent) to complete the team. Biz Jet experience essential so if that is you or if you can recommend me anybody it is greatly appreciated!

melia
7th Nov 2005, 16:36
PM me and I will send you the details of some people I can recommend.

All with the qualifications you are looking for, but I must say this is a strange way to recruit!! Most people would just advertise in Flight!

bacardi walla
8th Nov 2005, 06:08
melia advertising in Flight costs money :ok:

Kopeloi
8th Nov 2005, 07:26
..so will do if following a bad advice. Get real and contact well established operators on type. Or hire professional help.

melia
8th Nov 2005, 15:22
If you cannot afford to advertise in flight you cannot afford to operate a GV.

FLEXJET
8th Nov 2005, 16:05
meila, I'm afraid it is not that simple.
Advertising here, under this Bizjet & GA forum, has the advantage of focusing on a particular group of pilots.
You have also full control of the date of display, wording, spelling, etc...

Once, I decided to publish an ad in a special issue of Flight Int'l ; they simply forgot it and I had to call them back to make sure it was published on the next issue...
Later, a large Bizjet operator had the bad surprise to see that their requirements were not published as asked...

melia
8th Nov 2005, 16:38
As the point has been missed. I will explain, I was responding to bacardiwalla !!

But having been in the industry 20 years, to find the right people usually comes from recommendations.

flown-it
8th Nov 2005, 23:01
Why not contact Flight safety International at Farnborough? they train G4 dudes there and may be able to point you at a GV organisation.

dc10driver
10th Nov 2005, 07:03
You can send me your contact details and I will give you the person's name and number who has already done six A/C under an EU AOC.
They are experts. Can set up the AOC, crew and maintenance.
Very small and private group that do not advertise but are 100% professional.
G luck Regards

Looooong haul
10th Nov 2005, 07:23
A big thank you to everybody who PM'ed me! Found our last man!

Melia you are right and wrong: We will take on somebody recommended.
Wrong Re ad in flight: to long a leadtime and now I have solved my prob in a week. :)

Kopelia fyi we have been running the G V for years private as an N aircraft it is just changing the paperwork to JAA which is what we were looking for.