PDA

View Full Version : Air Berlin to Stansted

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
4th Nov 2005, 07:30
Air Berlin have announced the start of flights from MAN and GLA to Stansted starting on 16th December as a feeder in to their European flights ex Stansted

G-I-B

jack_essex
4th Nov 2005, 09:23
Air Berlin have some great prices on these new routes. £38 return with AB , which is cheaper than Easyjets fare to Glasgow which is around £43.

nickmanl
4th Nov 2005, 10:04
Christ, Air Berlin, easyJet, FlyGlobespan and Ryanair to Prestwick - doesn't anyone else think the work overcapacity springs to mind?

egnxema
4th Nov 2005, 10:50
"Christ, Air Berlin, easyJet, FlyGlobespan and Ryanair to Prestwick"

The Lord Jesus set up an airline too???:uhoh:

Scottish Flyer
4th Nov 2005, 11:44
Using the CAA figures for August at a very rough calculation Ryanair's load factor from Prestwick to Stansted in August was 82.5% whereas the combined load factor of FlyGlobespan & EasyJet from Glasgow was only approximately 62%. I would suggest that EasyJet's load factor would be much higher and therefore FlyGlobespan's extremely low. With Air Berlin on the route FlyGlobespan look very vulnerable.

the_hawk
4th Nov 2005, 11:58
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196973

Oshkosh George
4th Nov 2005, 12:48
Flyglobespan's fares are less at the time of Air Berlin's start ,but perhaps AB's through fares will swing it for them.

I think GSM's service to STN is only temporary anyway,until they get slots elsewhere IIRC.

bacardi walla
4th Nov 2005, 12:53
.....and the next announcement will be that Eastern are pulling off the MAN-STN-MAN route.

16DEC
MAN-STN-MAN with Air berlin = £38
MAN-STN-MAN with Eastern = £205

:{

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
4th Nov 2005, 12:56
I think GSM's service to STN is only temporary anyway,until they get slots elsewhere IIRC.

Doubt it as STN is now GSM's 3rd base.

david_wilding
4th Nov 2005, 15:12
I already did a post for this!!

Buster the Bear
15th Nov 2005, 13:54
Air Berlin to launch Stansted-Alicante

Air Berlin is to challenge easyJet on the Stansted-Alicante route from next summer.

The German low cost carrier is to launch daily flights from early May 2006 with tickets starting at GBP 19 one-way.

It will be the 12th route to be operated by Air Berlin and its Austrian partner Niki from Stansted. The carrier expects to carry 100,000 passengers on the Alicante route in the first year of service.

Air Berlin Euro Shuttle manager Marc Heinicke, speaking at World Travel Market, hinted that other Spanish routes from the UK may be considering in the future together with Italy and Switzerland.

He said: "Alicante is a very popular destination - not just for holidaymakers - but the thousands of Brits who have holiday homes in Spain."

Air Berlin claims to be the third largest low cost carrier in Europe and expects to carry almost 14 million passengers this year, up from 12 million in 2004.

The airline introduces connecting flights to seven destinations in Germany from Manchester and Glasgow via Stansted on December 16

mickey71
24th Nov 2005, 00:58
edinburgh to follow in the new year and possibly belfast!

LTNman
24th Nov 2005, 04:29
I heard Air Berlin giving out 2 inbound passenger loads to their handling agent at Stansted the other morning. One aircraft was carrying 44 passengers while the other one was carrying 28 passengers.

update: This mornings flight from DUSSELDORF is carrying just 40 passengers

ALLMCC
25th Nov 2005, 11:13
If Belfast is proposed in the new year, let's hope they see sense and operate from BHD otherwise they'll be head to head with EZY from BFS.

eastern wiseguy
25th Nov 2005, 12:05
On the Belfast thread allmcc wrote

A perfect demonstration of the vast over capacity there is on some routes out of BFS & BHD

there will be three carriers battling for custom on this route, BE/BA from BHD & WW from BFS.

This was to do with the Manchester routes

HOWEVER

they see sense and operate from BHD otherwise they'll be head to head with EZY from BFS.

he sees no conflict with having ANOTHER NI-LONDON air route:confused: :confused: That would bring the total up to 6 routes ex NI to the south east...now theres a bit of overcapacity if ever I saw it.