PDA

View Full Version : sponsorship?

simfly
8th Aug 2001, 00:42
I am waiting to hear about a possible sponsorship with one of the heli companies based in Aberdeen. Can any ex sponsored pilot out there tell me what sort of payback/salary there is likely to be if I am successful. I am hoping my chances might be boosted by the fact I work for the company, but would like to hear if it is all worth it in this day and age, so any other info would greatly be appreciated.

simfly

[ 07 August 2001: Message edited by: simfly ]

Flat Erik
8th Aug 2001, 01:05
Hi there mate!!

Well done! I was sponsored my one of the major heli operators from ABZ a few years ago.
If it is what you want to do then great, and go for it. I really enjoyed my time flying helis, but with most things in life the fun and interest went after a while......but only after 10 years!
The hands on flying is fantastic, in particular on the S-61 on the SAR contracts.

To your actual question; I was bonded for 6 years, and on a slightly reduced salary. I have no idea what the salary would be today, but I thought it to be OK at the time; and as you will know there will probably be a rise this year.

It is a great way to get into professional flying, and can be very rewarding if you put the work in.

Good luck with the rest of the selection.

FE

;)