PDA

View Full Version : Time for some psychic games.

Kaptin M
3rd Nov 2005, 22:47
Give it time to download - it needs to connect to your brain wavelengths...
The Flash Mind Reader (http://trunks.secondfoundation.org/files/psychic.swf)

Farrell
4th Nov 2005, 00:22
The beautiful number 9.......that's how.

G-CPTN
4th Nov 2005, 00:33
What do you mean the number 9?
I tried a couple of goes without calculating, then returned to play the game properly and it STILL got it right.

Jerricho
4th Nov 2005, 00:41
Tee hee.

Today's mind-f*ck brought to you by Kaptin M and the number 9!!!!!

(You really want to know how it works? ;) )

G-CPTN
4th Nov 2005, 00:52
Yup!
I are an Injunear

Keygrip
4th Nov 2005, 00:52
I've just had two bottles of Molson beer - and I think I've broken the Mind Reader (or am I doing it wrong?).

I went with "74" - which gave me 11 - which gave me 63. That should be a "Smiley Face". It gave me a bell.

I tried again - to check the maths - it gave me a snowflake like thing.

Can't remember what I go third time - but fourth gave me a little squiggle that looks like the thing we hang our outdoor Christmas decorations on (have a look at 95 to see one).

What did I do wrong? I used to play this before - never understood the 9's - but it always worked.

G-CPTN
4th Nov 2005, 00:54
Keygrip - you just forgot what your answer should be . . .
;)

Farrell
4th Nov 2005, 00:58
Molson!!??..........you need Bud Lite, Mr. USA-based CAA Examiner Guy!:ok:

(God I hope you've looked at the now infamous Bud thread!)

BlueDiamond
4th Nov 2005, 01:03
It doesn't matter which two-digit number you choose, the result after doing the figures will always be nine or a multiple of nine.

If you look at the chart of symbols, the one next to nine (or multiple) is always the same and they All change together for each try you make.

G-CPTN
4th Nov 2005, 01:11
Sneaky!
One doesn't notice the symbols being reset/changed as there are 'so many'.
Great trick - had me flummoxed.
As I said, I'm an Engineer, and think scientifically. I have to admit to having SEEN dowsers working, yet can't explain it . . .
(It was my own land, and the dowsers couldn't possibly have had prior knowledge of the buried ruins that they identified.)

Kaptin M
4th Nov 2005, 01:23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/hanmersprings/sparklingstarsbackground.gif

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 12:35
Okay, now for a real psychic game...

Think of a number, any number. Okay, double it. Add 8. Divide by 2. Take away the number you first thought of to get the final number.

Now, if A=1, B=2, C=3, etc etc (and it wraps , so A=27 etc etc), identify the letter associated with your final number.

Think of a country beginning with that letter. Okay?

Now, take the last letter of that country name think of an animal beginning with that letter. Okay?

Now, take the last letter of that animal's name and think of a colour beginning with that letter.

PM me, don't tell me your results!!! I will reply with the country, animal, and color you thought of......:E

Ozzy

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 15:03
Wot? No takers? Come on, try it out!

Ozzy

The SSK
4th Nov 2005, 15:23
Dominican Republic
Coyote
Ellow

Nope, must be the coyote which is wrong

Whirlygig
4th Nov 2005, 15:25
Ozzy,

You're hoping that I'm thinking of an orange kangaroo in Denmark but I wasn't! I was thinking of a tawny cat in the Dominican Republic!

Do the sum and you'll always end up with 4=D!

Cheers

Whirls

Love number theory!!!

G-CPTN
4th Nov 2005, 15:25
Methinks 'tis a trick - especially after the last (excellent) spoof. AFAIR the answer is predictable and the choices 'limited'.
Once bitten, twice shy . . .

>Love number theory!!!
Practice is better.

Does anyone know any fully-qualified doctors? Most around here are still practicing . . .

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 15:33
It worked!!! I project correctly to both Whirly and The SSK:E:E

Ozzy

BlueDiamond
4th Nov 2005, 15:41
Denmark
Kiwi
Indigo

Jerricho
4th Nov 2005, 15:45
New Zealand
Sheep
Wife

The SSK
4th Nov 2005, 15:48
Okay, how about:

Think of a number, any number. Okay, double it. Add 20. Divide by 2. Take away the number you first thought of to get the final number.

Now, if A=1, B=2, C=3, etc etc (and it wraps , so A=27 etc etc), identify the letter associated with your final number.

Think of any League Football team in England or Scotland whose name contains that letter. Okay?

Then I'll tell you which is the one you were thinking of.

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 16:01
Right I got one....:E

Ozzy

The SSK
4th Nov 2005, 19:17
Right I got one.... I'm 100% confident that's the same one that I wrote down on a piece of paper which I put inside an envelope and sent to myself, registered post, this afternoon.

When it arrives, I'll open the envelope and tell you what it was, then we'll see I'm absolutely right.

Whirlygig
4th Nov 2005, 19:22
St. Johnstone - well known pub quiz question that! Only English/Scottish Football team to have a J in the name!

So, engineer the formula to equal 10 and hey presto!

The SSK - do many pub quizzes then?

Cheers

Whirls

Ozzy
4th Nov 2005, 19:36
Doesn't St. Johnstone start with an 'S'? I found "Jarrow Roofing Boldon Community Association" in the Northern League Division One!

Ozzy

Whirlygig
4th Nov 2005, 19:40
The question posed just said contains the letter "J" and I think it means all the National League thingies but that is starting to get into detail regarding football now and my eyes will start to glaze over.

Cheers

Whirls

The SSK
4th Nov 2005, 21:00
I found "Jarrow Roofing Boldon Community Association" in the Northern League Division One! Oh good grief. It wasn't important enough to go Googling, fer Gawd's sake.

The SSK - do many pub quizzes then? I wish I could remember what a pub is, let alone a pub quiz. Way back, Heathrow ATC ran an annual quiz and I captained a team that lost the final, but that was before Trivia was (were?) invented.