PDA

View Full Version : AEOs Left in the Dark

zedder
3rd Nov 2005, 18:47
So there we are having just landed at Woodford today to provide the 'Taxi' for 201 (Pansys Own) Sqn, who have delivered XV228 into the Nimrod MRA4 Programme.

I'm chewing the cud with Shadwell in the galley, when he confesses that he has removed the Dimmer Switch from 228 as a keepsake. In fact, I believe he actually said that he had taken 2 Dimmer Switches. So on the basis that he obviously interfered with the Tac Navs kit, I hope he has his Cat removed immediately!

So let's do the same to the remainder of the MR2 fleet shall we and we'll save the RAF a fortune!!

Like I've always said MP, "don't get mad, get even".

PS. I'll book myself onto some 'Diversity Training' forthwith after my below-the-skirt jibe in the first para.

Dimmer Switch
3rd Nov 2005, 20:08
2 Dimmer Switches ?!?!?!

The other one's a flippin' imposter!:D

Safety_Helmut
3rd Nov 2005, 20:45
Oh Nimrod dimmer switches.

Top tip for the DFs: Remember, before starting to change ALL of the filaments in the cabin lighting system, check that the dimmer switches are not all turned down.

Safety_Helmut

Foxache Radar
5th Nov 2005, 06:56
Hasn't he died yet?

The Proctologist
5th Nov 2005, 10:11
Do AEO's need switches to make themselves appear dimmer?

I'm not even going to ask what the difference between an AEO and a catfish is.......:p

DEL Mode
5th Nov 2005, 11:02
Two thoughts: -

By removing items from the aircraft, BAES can cry foul wrt the input standard for MR2 to MRA4 (So it's your fault that MRA4 is late and over budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Secondly, if you are putting aircraft into the MRA4 programme, given that the three develpment aircraft are flying, does this mean that series production is go?

DaveyBoy
5th Nov 2005, 16:24
No, the aircraft were due to go out of service anyway. We're supposed to have gone down to 16 on the first of April, but it made sense to wait until the next major before saying goodbye to the old birds, and to make their last flight a trip to Woodford to avoid having to get them down there via some complicated land / airlift route.

zedder
5th Nov 2005, 16:36
The guys from 201 that took 228 down had a couple of hours looking round the hangar where the aircraft are being turned into MRA4s. PA3 was also in there for some sort of upgrade. They were very impressed by PA3.

In all there are apparently now 8 aircraft on their way to becoming MRA4s, with 245 (delivered previously but still sat outside when we were there) due to go into the hangar to start the process soon, subsequently followed by 228.

As far as I know series production is still not officially a go, although it is evident that BAe are proceeding on the basis that it soon will be. Latest thoughts/guesstimates appear to be that we hope to get 12 x MRA4s eventually. Unless of course somebody out there knows different!

Charlie Luncher
5th Nov 2005, 23:14
Davey Boy

I am sure it is not the first time you had to wave to a couple of old birds:ooh:

Now then Dimmer what's the word or have you been sworn to secrecy. :8
Regards to your better halves
Charlie sends:=

DaveyBoy
6th Nov 2005, 03:10
Charlie: You know me... Jo's every Wednesday, age not a problem :ok:

zedder: I think you and I should consider the next three weeks to be our diversity training. I intend to visit as many diverse establishments as possible :cool: