PDA

View Full Version : Maun Accidents

sneakykiwi
3rd Nov 2005, 08:06
Can any tell me what has been happening in Maun recently? I hear there have been a couple of accidents/incidents. C206, Noise coverter at Kwhai, and prob a C206 at Chitabe.

What's going on?!!!!!!

dr27
4th Nov 2005, 08:22
hey, only two incidents ? Seems pretty normal considering area of operation.:O

sneakykiwi
4th Nov 2005, 21:32
Well I guess it just shows the skill of the pilots. But obviously that level has dropped down a bit now!!

Does any one know what happened?

rabidpangolin
5th Nov 2005, 08:58
A bit closer to the truth...

Converter didn't happen @ khwai. Both dings were due to repairs being carried out on runways, don't know yet if strips were notam'd and properly marked. As for the statement about pilot skills...hmmm. Always interesting to see the skygods crawl out of their holes when something like this happens.

If one were too take an objective look at the flying in the swamps, considering the level of service, safty record for the amount of flying, level of infrastructure, workload etc. the picture is quite positive and the Maun boys and girls deserve a pat on the back.

Fix Bayonettes!

:ok:

sneakykiwi
5th Nov 2005, 10:25
Sorry, that did come out a bit bad. Big respect for most of the guys flying over there. Also surprised there aren't more. Just know that there are a couple letting us down.

Skaap

spikefm
7th Nov 2005, 15:16
Hey Skaap

When did this happen mate, any more details?? pics?

hoe gaan dit boet

spike