PDA

View Full Version : PIA to acquire 7 new aircrafts

newscaster
1st Nov 2005, 13:25
Said to be an official notice sent to the airlines offices around the world and confirmed by some one working for them at MAN, lets see what they come up with this time.

BMI701EGCC
1st Nov 2005, 18:18
i rather like there current livery, quite posh:), i think there NNC or whatever it will be wont be much different, i certainly dont think they'll got back to the ugly tree green, yuk,

cheers
scott waterworth

Avman
1st Nov 2005, 18:22
And I find the current livery really quite dark and sinister. Not welcoming at all.

Rollingthunder
1st Nov 2005, 19:33
Perhaps they should spend the money instead on getting the cockroaches out of the cabins.

TURIN
2nd Nov 2005, 10:26
Not seen a'roach on PIA yet. However there are plenty on the so called 'upper end of market' middle east carriers!!:uhoh:

Dr747
3rd Nov 2005, 05:34
Same old story about their turbo props but this time the have signed the contract....
PIA to acquire 7 new aircraft
KARACHI (November 03 2005): The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) will acquire seven new ATR-500 turbo prop aircraft. This was announced in a statement of the airline issued here on Wednesday. It said that the PIA signed an agreement with Avions de Transport Regional (ATR), France, for the purchase of seven new ATR42-500 turbo prop aircraft on Wednesday at the PIA Head Office.

PIA Chairman and CEO Tariq Kirmani and ATR CEO Filippo Bagnato signed the agreement in the presence of Consul General of France and Italy.

The aircraft will replace PIA's old F-27 aircraft fleet operated on socio-economic routes.

The 7 firm 48 seat aircraft are scheduled to be delivered between 2006 and 2007 with delivery of first aircraft to PIA in May 2006. The total value of the contract is approximately $100 million.

Tariq Kirmani said, "PIA carried out an in-depth evaluation of all aircraft available in this turbo prop aircraft category. Demo flight were also conducted during the evaluation, the aircraft were gauged on various performance attributes for instance, passenger appeal and comfort, aircraft maintainability, operational durability and economics. PIA selected ATR42-500 aircraft as it is best suited these parameters."

ATR CEO Filippo Bagnato said, "PIA is a second new customer to chose our aircraft this year. Once again, this commercial success is evidence of the strong resurgence of the turbo prop aircraft in the regional aviation market. I am very proud of the decision in favour of ATR. ATR42-500 offers a combination of exceptional overall performance and comfort unmatched in its class. It has outstanding performance when operating from hot and high and short runways, while maintaining the operating economics and reliability.

This 48-seater aircraft has a specially designed low noise cabin interior providing maximum comfort to the passengers.

ATR42-500 aircraft are equipped with the Multi-Purpose Computer (MPC) and complies with the latest navigation requirements such as Precision Are Navigation (P-RNAV). Since the beginning of the programme, ATR has sold 738 aircraft (398 ATR42s and 360 ATR72s). ATR42-500 aircraft are operated by several airlines around the globe substantiating its triumph as market leader among other turbo prop aircraft.

The purchase of seven turbo prop aircraft from ATR would further strengthen Pakistan's economic ties with France and Italy, in particular, and with the European Union, in general, for years to come.

Copyright Associated Press of Pakistan, 2005

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=348837&currPageNo=1&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

Dr747
3rd Nov 2005, 05:39
I personaly liked all of their liveries,including the old ones!!!and no that green colour was not bad!!!
I have never seen any cockroches on PIA infact whenever i have travelled with them, aircrafts were very clean. it is a shame that most of the times their flights were late thats why i try to avoid travelling with them, now. TURIN is quite right to say about some other airlines..i have seen some of the dirtiest aircrafts with these middle eastern airlines. especially their flight to pakistan...
in the end can't wait to see new livery...

newscaster
3rd Nov 2005, 14:25
Who changed the topic header to this "PIA to acquire 7 new aircrafts" and why? I want an answer please.

Dr747
3rd Nov 2005, 14:29
Until this morning these were TWO separate topics. I had posted one topic with this current topic and replied to the other one about new livery and they were still TWO SEPRATE topics when i checked them a bit later on. so the answer both I and the newscaster need is that, Who murged these two topics together???
answer please!!!!!