PDA

View Full Version : SAA Pilots Resigning?

jumbo1
3rd Nov 2005, 02:03
Heard from an old tweety bird that a number of SAA pilots were resigning to go to Qatar airways. Any truth in this rumour? I shudder at the thought. Rather be in Jail in Pretoria Central.....
:confused:

2 tymzz
3rd Nov 2005, 05:59
Really?? Why is that jumbo...what's so bad about Quatar Air?

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 06:17
Central...that could be organised.....:p

Jokes aside...X amount of pre-pension flying years left, an attractive package, forward thinking, politics in SA & SAA, earning something other than the soon "Fokoli", hey come on.....if the place was managed better, even you should be coming out of the sandpit sleeping every night at your secure home, where your kids play outside till dark, walk from kindergarten home, (no more visits to Midrand - eish!) and your main worry is your next sim ride... and where the next holiday will be.:sad:

This thread really shouldn't get much attention, sounds to me like a sensation seeker that's behind on current recruiting norms, even though I don't even work for Spoories or Qatar!

Hello..., R.E., are you there!? :ok:

Frogman1484
3rd Nov 2005, 07:35
Think a few years down the line...Do you think SAA will be around in say 5 to 10 years from now?
The way it is being currently managed do you think that the future at SAA is all roses...yes maybe 10 years in prison sound like more fun.

At least you will have job security making those number plates...

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 07:49
Hey Parraman, ;)

First of all, well said! It must be Capt. Rossouw by now, if he remained with CP, confirm?

I've stirred the pot here too much (couldn't resist your name too! :E ) to reveal my ID, even with a PM, but anyway.....it's a tough job at the top....

Yes, if you like you could call me MF...

:ok:

Gunship
3rd Nov 2005, 10:35
Makes sense too me.

I would have left if I was a snr captain of some sorts.

The growth of Qatar Airways is phenominal in these sad days of flying.

Money is not an issue there.

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 10:44
With the current oil prices, going 'preverbially' straight into their tanks....:sad:

Some buying power for Emirates to order 43 A380's :ooh:

And to think, the collapse will not even be due to SARS, the Gulf War Episode 1,2..., Bird-flu.....lack of SAAF pilot's....lack of SAAF....:ooh:

Not even a big rabbit or a poisonous silver fern.....

Just plain over-hunting and poaching! How else does a Springbok become extinct?!

:E

Like with a Mauritian Dodo, I suppose.....

Blah Blah Fishpaste
8th Nov 2005, 07:06
Isnt SAA just a stepping stone airline anyway?:cool:

Why work for a place where you will never see command? as a muzungo that is...

The brain drain continues.....:ouch: