PDA

View Full Version : aviance clear out

pimpdaddy
2nd Nov 2005, 17:36
is it true that there is a big management clear out at aviance?

my sources tell me so.........seems its all going wrong.

heard its all the wrong ones going though.............

am sure will be left for all the hard workers to pick up the pieces.

gatwicknose
3rd Nov 2005, 09:23
As always with Aviance anyone with an ounce of vision and sense will be sacrificed to save time servers who have niether the foresight or intelligence to take the business forward. This has been going on for years, carriers reconsidering aviance see the same old faces and think twice!

The current management have let contracts slip throught their fingers and the staff who are left have been led to believe that they were uneconomic and therefore not worth having! Had the aviance service been well organised and reliable carriers such as virgin would have paid that little bit extra to stay...this was not the case.....

Who is being cleared out ..I wuld be interested to know!!

agent x
5th Nov 2005, 07:04
I heard that its all the department managers that have been made redundant at aviance at MAN. They were basically told the bad news then asked to leave the building in one sentance. How harsh is that!

Agent x :eek:

Ckin Gal
5th Nov 2005, 07:24
was this to do with menzies taking some big contracts

One Step Beyond
5th Nov 2005, 14:28
Maybe about time. Any turnaround involving Aviance is invariably unmitigated chaos. Not the fault of the guys on the ground, they are invariably obviously short staffed and receive no operational back-up at all

gatwicknose
6th Nov 2005, 12:26
as i previously mentioned, a lack of vision..example...LGW check in...why place GIA next to Afriquiah...obvious conflict...its a no brainer....get rid of the dead wood for goodness sake and give staff an incentive to give the carriers good sevice...there are good guys on the ground (so to speak ) but they are poorly directed.

Alan Tracey
7th Nov 2005, 23:07
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believed that GAL have the final say on desk allocation.

I am sure that no one unless forced would choose to be checked in on those manual/non-belt desks........

With the GAL/BAA management cull (about time), maybe the handling agents will do a better job

gatwicknose
8th Nov 2005, 10:52
Overall allocation is the job of the BAA ...however allocation of desks within that allocation is done by Aviance.....the whole situation is not helped by the fact that Aviance' total share is now so small that they have no choice bu to take what they are given..

does anyone know precisely who has been sacked?