PDA

View Full Version : Could EOS make MAN profitable?

BMI701EGCC
2nd Nov 2005, 15:47
they operate out of STN airport which isnt that great, so i was wondering if they could make it work at MAN, you already have BA,CO,PIA operating from MAN to New York(JFK or LGA), so there must be more than 10 business travellers a day minimum?

what did you think?

Scott Waterworth

night hawk 150
2nd Nov 2005, 16:07
you would be very surprised at the amount of business travelers that pass through STN a day and maybe they cant be bothered to travel for this type of flight so i guess the answer to your question is that i think there is a market for EOS at most major airport in the uk but not all at once

well thats my opinion

craig

jetstream7
2nd Nov 2005, 16:20
Scott, what do you mean by this ?

they operate out of STN airport which isnt that great

Andy_S
2nd Nov 2005, 16:56
Is this news? Or a rumour?

If not, does it belong here at all?

BMI701EGCC
2nd Nov 2005, 18:05
i think its just that i have an image of STN and LTN for that matter being just being a low-cost carrier airport with a few cargo flights and charters, it looks to me that these two airports are in the shadows of LGW and LHR, trying to get airlines from where ever they can, everybody knows that they would rather fly into LHR and LGW not just for an easy commute into the capital but for connections also.

it might be just my northern ingorance shining through, im southern ppruners will put me right.lol

i think it comes down to bias, as MAN is my home airport

Nakata77
3rd Nov 2005, 08:30
they cant even make STN work. 7 people flew out yesterday

HERE THIS

the airline wont be around in 12 months.

BMI701EGCC
3rd Nov 2005, 08:56
could they not apply for LGW-JFK? i know theres much more competition but i think they have a good business model behind them to make it a success, i always had it in my mine that they wouldnt get sufficient loads out of STN, i heard the highest number of pax is around 10, not very good when it seats 49.

Scott Waterworth