PDA

View Full Version : Exeter Mail Runs

ABO944
2nd Nov 2005, 12:51
Hello All

Anyone know if the night mail flights are up and running again out of Exeter?

If so, is it with the sheds again and with which company?

Thanks in advance:ok:

Abo

almost professional
2nd Nov 2005, 13:36
nightly B737 from Exeter to EMA and return

ABO944
2nd Nov 2005, 13:43
Thanks mate.

So is it with the Icelandic beast I saw sitting there during the day recently ? Which company was it?

Thanks a lot

ABO:ok:

muppet
2nd Nov 2005, 16:45
BAC are up and running again. They operate a SD360 EXE STN EXE.

Good luck boys. Bac really was one of the best kept secrets in aviation.

ABO944
2nd Nov 2005, 17:08
Are they taking on pilots down there for those night runs?;)

74Freight
3rd Nov 2005, 02:45
They did advertise for shed crews a few months ago in Flight for the scottish mail routes but another shed operator got the contract instead. The sunday EXE-EMA-EXE is back to BAC again.

bacardi walla
3rd Nov 2005, 07:00
who is running BAC these days? Any contact info ?

EI-CGO
3rd Nov 2005, 09:42
I think its been covered before, essentially BAC Express was an AOC only purchase from Air Contractors in June/July, with it came a few SD3-60 crews and they leased a couple of SD3-60's to operate on Mail contracts, it is confusing, but the bones of it is that BAC is a stand alone company owned totally by an Oxford based Global IT support company (A financially strong backer who are in this for the long haul)

As far as contacts, most of the post holders remain in place from the last few years of BAC and some came back from their Irish exile.

I'm not involved personally, but am 'close' to someone who is, the new backers are a PLEASURE to work for and a real breath of fresh air compared to others, and the plans for the future seem very impressive, led by impressive people.

In regard to taking people on, I think they are pretty top heavy at the moment and can (because they have no TRTO) only take type rated people, F/O wise with a minimum of 500hrs on type (or twin time).

ABO944
3rd Nov 2005, 14:47
Thanks EI-CGO !

Could you check your PM please?

Regards,

Abo

EI-CGO
10th Nov 2005, 14:30
Good luck :ok: