PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Cabin Crew & Pilots(Wilma Evacuation)

Kanos
2nd Nov 2005, 08:56
Just a quick note to the pilots and cabin crew on the TUI flight out of Merida airport last thursday morning.

My wife and I would like to extend our thanks to anyone who was involved in our flight home last thursday. We were staying in Playa Del Carmen during the hurricane. Unable to fly from CUN, Thomas Cook arranged our flight from Merida airport.

After a horrendous 8 hour coach journey(the devastation to small villages just inland was terrible) we got to Merida to be told our flight had been over-booked. We were supposed to be going on a Skyservice flight via Toronto and Goose Bay then to Gatwick.

Luckily there was a TUI flight going to BRU, which we managed to get on. Most impressive part of the flight was watching the same CC make an announcement in 4 different languages.

Anyway, we made it home safe and sound.

Please direct any CC who might have been on this flight to this thread.

Also, we flew out on the Britannia flight from BHX on 17th October, does anyone know if the CC and pilots from that flight got home before the hurricane hit?

Many thanks.

TightSlot
2nd Nov 2005, 09:29
Thanks Kanos - I have copied this on to the private TUI forum here on PPRuNe and will advise you if any responses arise.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know