PDA

View Full Version : Atlas

tinpis
2nd Nov 2005, 05:44
Got any suggestions for a free online Australia roadmap atlas site?
Not the google thing.

:hmm: holiday time.......:sad:

Aviation content.
Map of where you would fly over if you were in a plane

J430
2nd Nov 2005, 06:05
I suggest you find a copy of AirNav. It has in basic form all the WCAC charts, so for road or air they are great and you can keep it on your laptop or PC for whenever you need them

Even a pirate copy would do!!!!:E

J:ok:

Capt Claret
2nd Nov 2005, 09:16
www.travelmate.com.au

Heaps of links, heaps of info.

Tin, you can even feed PARAP into it as a from point! :O

djpil
2nd Nov 2005, 09:51
The Caltex trip planner (http://www.nowwhere.com.au/caltex/austlocator/caltextripplanner.aspx) works well too - a lot like travelmate.

OZBUSDRIVER
2nd Nov 2005, 11:47
Try this one for a full topo coverage of the continent. After it downloads ER Viewer plug-in you get a zoomable seemless map.

AUSLIG (http://www.earthetc.com/ecwearth/asps/ecwearth_frame.asp?Image=geodetic/Australia/natmap)

tinpis
2nd Nov 2005, 19:53
Ta muchly fullas.
Now....ok... havent used one fer a while....North is at the top ???

tinpis
3rd Nov 2005, 04:50
Yes good innit? Hmmm... Clarrie whats the black dots around the Parap Road store mate?
Has anyone done the Mildura -Port Augusta leg of late was the road good/quick?

bushy
3rd Nov 2005, 05:05
We drove the road fro Mildura to Port Augusta a couple of years ago. The road is good, and we had an easy day going from Milddura to Burra. Pag is not much further on.

One of those "25 year old clunkers" that someone keeps talking abou will do the job better.

Capt Claret
3rd Nov 2005, 10:35
Tin, often drive PAG HAY or vice versa. Road's narrow and a little undulating, not like the quality Territory roads, but the speed limit is mostly 110.

I usuall turn off the main drag just past Renmark, or contunue to Waikerie and catch the punt, that was punt, accross the Murray and continue to Morgan, Burra, Spalding, Main North Rd, to either Willmington, Crystal Brook (yukky) or the following highly recommended route - travelling north along the Main North Rd, turn west just before Murray Town, onto the Port Germein Gorge road, which runs down the range to the A1 at Port Germein, then onto Port Agutta.

If you like curry I can also recommend the restaurant at The Standpipe Golf Motor Inn. It's on the corner of the Stuart Hwy & Eyre Hwy. Ph 08 8642 4033. I usually stop the night there too.