View Full Version : where's RAPA

viking207
2nd Nov 2005, 05:08
I am pretty sure there was a topic regarding RAPA last night because I posted a reply.

So where did it go:mad:

Viking

Will964
2nd Nov 2005, 09:39
Yeah, there was one here but it seems to have disappeared!

boeingbus2002
2nd Nov 2005, 09:56
I must be getting old or hallucinating!
There was another one too several days ago which mysteriously disappeared. Dont think anything dodgy was posted either!

Dude~
2nd Nov 2005, 10:13
It was definitely there last night. So Viking, are you going to go for it?

No idea where its gone? Bit odd really

Will964
2nd Nov 2005, 10:37
I have pulled out of the running. I went over the terms and conditions several times, but couldn't make it work.

Dude~
2nd Nov 2005, 10:57
Will, it just doesn't add up for me either. Hell, I wouldn't even be able to pay the interest on my loan let alone make repayments. That pretty much settled it for me. Plus the fact they want you to sign saying that you will not apply for any other jobs while there. I am not prepared to risk some one like FLybe calling me up and not being able to go....

viking207
2nd Nov 2005, 12:24
Hi everyone

No I am not going, I think the T&C are outrageous and as I explained to them in a email this morning, they are not looking for an employee but a sponsor and that is not going to be me.

I am generally against paying for work, however I do now that sacrifices must be made in the start of a pilots career, but this would mean a loss of +12000 euros in period of 9 months where you are not allowed to seek employment elsewhere. Slavery is a word coming to mind.

As for the post disappearing all the time, I believe that only moderators can erase an entire thread maybe we should ask them what is going on.

RGDS
Viking

Will964
2nd Nov 2005, 12:38
That makes three of us not going. It's a shame because the flying sounds interesting. If they changed the T's & C's I'd be interested, but as it stands it is not very workable.

viking207
2nd Nov 2005, 22:04
Well, I would be able to afford if I had to, however I am not going because it is STUPID to agree to those terms.:(

There even planning to get rid of the BNT2 in a year or two, that would mean another type-rating and an even bigger loss.:yuk:

I wish you all good luck gentlemen, because with "employers" like that we need it.

RGDS
Viking

Will964
3rd Nov 2005, 10:17
I spoke to several people yesterday who have/are parachute drop pilots in the UK and their terms and conditions range from £100 - £150 a week allowance, free accommodation, transport allowance and you can look for other work as long as you give them four weeks notice.

viking207
3rd Nov 2005, 11:08
Hi Will964

That sounds like a fair deal, do they have to pay for a type?

I am from Denmark and think most parachute clubs uses piston aircraft's so no rating here. What about taxes in the UK, if you make 100-150£ a week, do you have to pay tax and how much.

RGDS
Viking207

skygeezer
4th Nov 2005, 20:51
First of all I dont know where the post went either....i guess they took it off.

Secondly, we had a meeting today in response to your responses (!) and I'll mail you guys the new terms in the morning. They are a little bit different from before.

Paul

boeingbus2002
4th Nov 2005, 21:57
Any chance of the email address again to obtain these new details?
Cheers

Will964
5th Nov 2005, 10:44
That's interesting news Paul, I look forward to reading the new terms & conditions.

Will

skygeezer
6th Nov 2005, 18:04
Sorry for the delay..///I know this makes me look like a complete plonker but I have'nt been able to send anything out over the weekend because the server is down for maintenance over the last two days. It'll be back online tomorrow I'm told.

viking207
8th Nov 2005, 11:34
Hi all

Is any one going?

They have moved, but not enough for me.:(

Viking207

Rote 8
8th Nov 2005, 12:29
Well you guys all seem to know what you are talking about. Forgive my ignorance but who or what is RAPA?

Professor Plum
8th Nov 2005, 12:45
I was wondering the same thing too.

viking207
8th Nov 2005, 14:08
Rhine Army Parachute Association (RAPA)

They train military parachutists.

Viking207