PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair salary (merged)

Nano 763
23rd Sep 2005, 11:16
Ryanair offers experienced commanders 100,000 pounds per annum after 3-5 years working in the UK.

What is the starting salary?

Thinking about income equivalency, is 100 thou a good salary?

I'm analizing the possibility, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I currently live in South America, and I haven't lived in the UK since 1981.

Finman
23rd Sep 2005, 18:01
Just to qualify a few points by Stoptherot who is otherwise pretty accurate:

We did after much negotitiaion get the 3% pay rise ......on basic pay only = !.5% pay rise.

just don't believe the T's and C's until you have a signed contract ......even then don't believe anything. Your T & Cs will be amended at will by the stroke of a pen.

Good luck:*

TakeItEasy
28th Sep 2005, 21:23
Hallo Guys,

just a question:

What can a FR Cpt expect to earn as "top salary" with and

without being supervisor,checker etc.., and what remains after

tax?

Please just true answers, and no rumours.

Thanks

Mike

bentover
30th Sep 2005, 00:08
I'm there 17 years and I,m on 73000 Euro.
I also get sector pay to cover crew meals,medical,uniform,pension,loss of licence,but it isn't sufficient and I have to eat into my basic to cover these.

TakeItEasy
30th Sep 2005, 08:02
Thank You.

73000 before or after tax? with or without flight pay?

sky9
30th Sep 2005, 08:23
I thought you guys were on £100,000 a year or is that just the adverts in Flight?

the grim repa
30th Sep 2005, 10:16
dream on sky9.if anyone can prove that they earn 100,000.i will give them 100,000.

TakeItEasy
30th Sep 2005, 10:22
I also did not belive when they have told me that, but is it true what is on ppjn? 85000 before tax + 20.000-25.000 flight pay tax-free?

bentover
30th Sep 2005, 10:36
That 73000 euro is before tax. There is no flight pay apart from that which i explained earlier.

TakeItEasy
30th Sep 2005, 12:35
So it is obviously a lie what is written on the homepage of Fr and also on ppjn.

Thanks, I have to wait for my contract, before I decide, but it does not sound good, what you say.

In my present company, after 15 years I can expect a net of 81000 a yaer.

lelac
30th Sep 2005, 12:43
Hi you all,

I just received a contract for DEC based in Stansted. Salary: 51.907 Pounds Sterling. This is Gross.

They say I will also be entitled to receive Flight Expenses as per the pilots working agreement.

But I live in another continent and have no idea of how much does this Flight Expenses represent, and on which basis is it paid. (per sector? Per flight hour?)

I would like to know also about TAX. Does anyone know where is it paid?? In Ireland? In England? And how much is the tax?

Too many questions, I know, but thank you all.

Lelac

thegypsy
30th Sep 2005, 13:00
lelac

on £51907 Gross based UK you will get net £35929.98p Tax £127204 and National Insurance ( Brown Stealth Tax ) £3256.62 Net Salary £35929.98 ie £ 2994.16 p per month.

PS

I was earning that net salary as a B737 Captain 12 years ago in UK. Just imagine how prices have increased since then!!! Tells you something about the job.

TakeItEasy
30th Sep 2005, 13:14
2994 + Flight pay ???

lelac
30th Sep 2005, 13:14
Thanks a lot Thegypsy,

And do you know something about this Flight Expenses? Does it make any significant difference in the income?

sky9
30th Sep 2005, 13:22
The advert in Flight clearly stated that UK based Captains would receive £100,000 per annum in year 2. If that is not the case the advert is clearly incorrect and should be reported to the Advertising Standards Agency. Before I do so is there anyone in the UK who received in excess of that income in the last tax year?

thegypsy
30th Sep 2005, 13:43
lelac

I do not work for FR. I was merely stating the tax due on the Salary of £51907 Gross. If you have flight pay in addition then that will be extra. There might be special tax arrangements for flight pay which varies from company to company.

For tax details go to www.e-gismos.com/ukpay.asp it is all there

the grim repa
30th Sep 2005, 13:49
sector/flight pay recieved only after satisfactory completion of training.how long is training,the same as apiece of string.that is all the expenses you will recieve.

TakeItEasy
30th Sep 2005, 15:47
Anybody else who could add some facts???

Thanks !

lelac
30th Sep 2005, 17:04
Hi you all,

I just found out in ppjn those values for Ryanair sector pay:

Sector Pay:
0 - 3.5hrs £45
3.5 - 5hrs £80
5 - 7hrs £130
7+hrs £185

Of course those values are tax free. Could anyone CONFIRM those values are correct? I really depend on this to make up my mind.

Lelac

TakeItEasy
30th Sep 2005, 17:13
Hello Lelac,

May I ask you what is shown as top salary in your contract?

[email protected]

Thank You (it is important for my decision)

lelac
30th Sep 2005, 17:22
TakeItEasy, check your PM.

the grim repa
1st Oct 2005, 09:58
lelac,figures correct.but by slight of hand fr has pared last years 7hour 10 flights to 6 hours 55 and so forth.meaning that what last year meant a good sector payment has been pared back quite a bit.all pilots reporting noticable drop in sector pay from last year.
fr will try to adjust sector pay to pay per sector soon.figures mentioned £43 per sector per capt and £35 per sector per copilot.with sectors getting longer and longer.well you can see who will benefit from that deal.

Positive Landing
22nd Oct 2005, 03:15
Hi,

A friend of mine has received yesterday a FR contract for a Capt. position, Fra. Hann Base, 60.000 euro gross, plus 30.000 tax free.......How can you get 130.000 after only 3 years ???

Cheers,

Flyingsand
22nd Oct 2005, 08:48
Understand that what they recieve 'tax free' has already had tax paid on it before it reaches them. Based on paying the German income tax rate at the highest level at 52% 30,000 euro 'take home' equates to 63,000 euro Gross.

Take the 63,000 add to the basic and you have a total gross salary of 123,000 Euro in year one.

At least thats how I presume Ryanair do their figures when enticing crew and you can do the same when it comes to applying for finances/mortgage etc.

captplaystation
23rd Oct 2005, 17:34
Flyingsand,you got it in one(most dont).Average take home after a couple of years & paying (married) Irish tax/social charges in a European base is 6000e for Capt on permanent contract, equalled out over 12 months(Annual leave a little less/a busy month a little more)Not the kings ransom they would prefer you believe,particularly if (like many of us )you commute, and maintain a second dwelling (yes I know it's a choice) in which case a contract position is more lucrative but with a lot less roster stability.

LAK12
23rd Oct 2005, 21:03
Guys, be carefull about the statments in your contract that you will get sector pay "as per uk pilot agreement".
They intentionaly do not include figures in contract. Official explanation is that this is because it is tax free, but the reason is that this fact lets manipulate with this part of your salary.
I joined FR recently as type rated FO and my contract says that I should get sector pay "as per uk pilot agreement", but after line check I was plased on 50% sector pay for 6 month. They did the same with all of my colegues who are on permanent contract with FR.
All who are affected by this illegal pay cut started argue with managers,but they do not care are we happy or not , will we leave or not. Do not underestimate how bad you will be treated by FR management.
My advise to you guys,who are about to join FR,- do not go on permanent contract with FR. Brookfield contract looks much more safe.
Also I confirm that statments about "top salaries" in FR advertisements are lie.

TakeItEasy
24th Oct 2005, 17:22
@Flyingsand

German highest tax rate =39%

Does anybody know, whether the (top) 85000 gross mentioned on ppjn are true ???

TakeItEasy
24th Oct 2005, 19:00
@ positive landing

60.000 plus sector. concerning irish tax calculator, he should take home 6100Euros net/month.

captplaystation
24th Oct 2005, 19:14
Like I said 26hrs ago!

TakeItEasy
24th Oct 2005, 20:40
Yes Captplaystation,

but 60.000 is the starting salary. if the truth is, that this salary increases up to 85.000 gross, than at the end it is more than 6.000 Euro/month(married). It is even more than 7.000/month.

As an Insider, you certainly know it better than me,
these are just figures I see.

captplaystation
24th Oct 2005, 21:38
Wish it were true,but the only" European based" guys I see making much more than 6K a month are trainers(who don't make "that" much more),managers(who don't tell us much/don't know if they are embarrased by how much,or how little, extra they get!?) & contract guys.Or maybe there is something I don't know ( certainly not the first time).As previously posted, everyone seems to be getting a bit less in sector pay, as certain duties inexorably slip into shorter less well paid days

The Devil's Advocate
25th Oct 2005, 00:42
Captplaystation, you might be able to answer this, but is there a noticible difference in the pay of european based pilots compared to uk based pilots? Again the fligth international advert seemed to display a difference, in particular to that of the captains salary.

Also, If I may, what are the advantages & disadvantages of signing up to RYR as a contract pilot?

lelac
25th Oct 2005, 00:47
Hi guys, nothing to do with salary, I know. But since there are some ryanair pilots here in this thread...

Has Ryanair already adopted the New Normal Procedures on their NG fleet?? If they already did, anyone flying for FR, do you have any comment about that? How was it introduced? And was it well accepted by everybody??

Flyingsand
25th Oct 2005, 09:36
Capt Playstation.......a contract position is more lucrative

Only if they don't declare all of their earnings to the taxman ;)
From speaking to guys who work there, If you take the average salary of a contract capt. and apply the relevent taxes to the FULL amount, they get pretty crappy pay. Obviously they do have the ability to dodge the taxman much easier by being a contract pilot, and they could further do this by giving themselves a salary, as in running their own business. Also I'm not sure if they would be able to claim accomodation costs, sim costs etc back from the taxman????

To TakeitEasy.......

german tax rates 2004 (http://www.germany-info.org/relaunch/business/taxes/german_tax_rates.html)

not the 52% i'd previously dug out, but 45% at the higher rate.

thus 30,000 Euro take home taxed at the higher rate would be approx 55,000 Gross. :)

added to 60K original value gives 115,000 euro.

captplaystation
25th Oct 2005, 23:12
Take it Easy,thought I would answer your Q's here as it will probably be of general interest. Social charges (PRSI in Irish speak) around 300e/month. 6000e/ month is salary minus married tax (around 3500 in year 1) plus sector pay (2500-3000 after tax/which RYR pay and you only see at year end on a P60 supplement)which varies each month and seems to be on a downward trend due to manipulation of our block hours.Annual leave attracts a payment of 75e/day so your monthly take home(everything else at your expense ) will fall in the range of say 5800-6500, probably just over 6000 averaged out over 12mths.We have/had ( it is up for renewal soon) a five year pay deal which gave 3% increase each year,but ONLY on basic salary,whilst, as previously stated ,sector pay probably is decreasing at the same rate!? great huh?At any one time you hear rumours of more deals than pilots(RYR like it this way) and for sure the guys who are here a bit longer ,have in the past made a lot of money off share options,but ,apart from(and sometimes even not!)your own contract , this will be the only thing you can be 100% familiar with.Welcome to the world of horse-dealers! The Devils advocate; I believe UK Capt take 5500-5700 lovely pounds per month(Oh yes a bit more than us "Europeans" but work just one day in STN and you won't begrudge them it!) which is a good deal for the non-STN guys.Contract vs Permanent? permanent -roster stability,only one base; contract more money( with the potential tax "complications/loop-holes" alluded to by Flying sand)more hassle and a gypsy life-style unless you "nominate a base" in which case more stability/less money(sound familiar?) with the added "frisson" of taking care of your own tax affairs.A lot of contractors(particularly F/O's ) were bullied(can I say that?) out of thier nice 5 on 5 off contract about a year ago, and very few Capt's seem to have stood their ground on this(many simply said if it ain't 5 / 5 goodbye ,some accepted ,some survived the hit &and retain"old" contract; it depended on their balls on the day.If you get something approaching what you want(but be 100% sure you have!) I would say why not, but read everything on here(yes 99% of it is true!) and come in with your eyes and ears open, and to survive long term mouth shut(at least in public. . .)

The Devil's Advocate
25th Oct 2005, 23:47
Could you check your PM CaptPS

D.A.

g stall
1st Nov 2005, 12:46
Ryanair claims to have "best paid short haul pilots in Europe" (see Ryanair recruitment site), making up to €130'000.- (F/O 80'000.-). Are these realistic figures, including sector pay? I heard that Ryanair had a pay rise recently. Anyone out there who can provide accurate information?

captplaystation
1st Nov 2005, 13:53
Try using the search facility,it is a bit tedious to hear the same questions every week;everything you want to know is in here.

fireloop
1st Nov 2005, 15:00
I work for a well known european airline and I can unequivocally state that my salary is quite a bit higher than that.

Flying Fiona
1st Nov 2005, 15:11
I can too. I used to work at Flybe and if you included pension etc it was slightly better than Ryanair. And we got water!!!

Flyingsand
1st Nov 2005, 16:25
G Stall...........I heard that Ryanair had a pay rise recently

From my friends in the know ;) Ryanair pilots have most definitely not had a payrise..... although no doubt the management team are sitting pretty.

captplaystation
1st Nov 2005, 16:46
We may well have had a (no doubt derisory)pay-rise/most importantly only on the basic salary,with a commensurate reduction in sector pay to ensure no real rise; you see, we would be the last to know because,as the labour court upheld,"Ryanair does not engage in collective discussions or negotiations with its employees" they give(or take)as they see fit.Negotiation= take it or leave it,be it + or - , that(for the moment) is how it is, "boys&girls, ladies& gentlemen" (did I really here someone say that the other day on the P.A. yuk!)

08KaQAjQ
1st Nov 2005, 22:12
my knowledge of the salary in FR at STN/PIK/LTN base:
S/O 1100 net
F/O 1400 net
Senior F/O 1700 net
captn: 3200 net
sector pay: 1850 average 12 months

f/o half sector pay half year after line check (this has been in FR for 3.5 years).

As a experienced 737 f/o you should be going immediately at the senior f/o salary.

Not too bad!

the grim repa
1st Nov 2005, 23:14
not too bad.well yes it is bad.you will fly 100 hours per month to get that salary and the your 1850 will be averaged over 10 months because majority of flight crew have exceeded their 900 hours with two months to spare.

g stall
2nd Nov 2005, 05:43
salary in FR at STN/PIK/LTN base:
S/O 1100 net
F/O 1400 net
Senior F/O 1700 net

Is this € or £?

Thanks for a brief answer.

CIPO
2nd Nov 2005, 09:47
All UK bases are £. All eurozone bases are Euro.

lorel
2nd Nov 2005, 10:33
The 1850 pounds is an average.
so this means 12*1850=22200 pounds per year net.
I have been told that RYR pays the tax on this and on quite a high rate. Some say 30 but others say 40 %.
So lets assume it's 30%. Then the gross sector pay would be
22200/70*100=31714 pounds
Ad it all up 54000+31714=85714 groos per year.
If it's 40% it works out to around 91000 per year.
What it all comes to is that the average Captains takes home an average of 5150 net per month.

Cheers Lorel

TakeItEasy
2nd Nov 2005, 10:46
A question to the 3% Gross Salary increment, year by year :

As mentioned in another thread, a CP based at HHN will earn the 1.year 60.000 Euros gross. 3% increment would mean, next year he would earn 61800. The 3% increment the year thereafter is based on 60.000 or on 61800 ???

So - always 3% more on the first salary or 3% on the salary from last year?

michaelknight
2nd Nov 2005, 11:29
To join the Ryanair management team you need a masters in Bull****ology, and yes, that's what most of them have, and a bit of Arthur Daley's cunning, but not his charisma.

The figures above are ballpark correct.

MK

Kelly Hopper
2nd Nov 2005, 14:10
'Was told salary in Europe would be €60,000 for Captain bonded 5 years. That's £40,000 a year in my book which is the lowest jet salary I know of in the western world. Yep there is sector pay on top but everyone has flight duty allowances. Not all have to pay for medicals, hotac travel, ID's and get no pension, loss of licence, or private medical!!
A bigger question than "how can they claim the salaries they pay?" is "how can they find the crews?
I wouldn't

Nighty
2nd Nov 2005, 14:40
I keep on hearing about this contract (Brookfield?). Unfortunatly I cant find any details about that deal: Can anybody enlighten me?:confused:

Wing Commander Fowler
2nd Nov 2005, 17:34
Ok Kelly - and how much does YOUR employer pay you in per diems? Would it be in the order of three or four quid an hour? Maybe four or five hundred a month? Six even? You wouldn't seem to have been paying attention at all here. The €60k or roughly £40ish is the smaller portion of a Ryr pilot's salary and that suits us fine - the less we have to pay Gordon Brown the better. The company pay the lions share in a cheque each month which is net of taxes and I'll venture this far outweighs the sum other companies pay in the form of per diems!!! We work very hard but one thing you won't generally see us complain about is the money that goes into our pocket. What comes back out again is another matter however! :ugh:

LegsUpLucy
2nd Nov 2005, 22:37
I too have had a job offer from RYR,i have previos 737 experience,but no jet command time,so they have offered me a sfo position.
Does being a contract pilot still give 5on50ff with steady base,and does anyone know if we can use offshore accounts for pay?

08KaQAjQ
2nd Nov 2005, 22:52
for offshore account try exactpay.
SFO gets about 75/65 euro and hour. Minus 4.5 euro per hour for your sim training as a contracter. S/o contracters get about 55 an hour.
SFO are better off getting a permanent conrtact. 3600 ponds net a month over 12 months (could be 10 X 4000 2X 1700 a month if you are flying 10 months 900 hours 2 months off).
Ryanair matches your 5% pension with a 5% pension a month on your basic salary.

the grim repa
2nd Nov 2005, 23:00
there is no pension.

Wing Commander Fowler
3rd Nov 2005, 07:26
.......... indeed Grim. Beggars belief that anyone in our industry could not have known THAT!!! :hmm:

alibaba
3rd Nov 2005, 13:44
Look at everybody arguing about this subject. Look at how diverse the answers and statements are.

This is the main trick when it comes to pay in RYR.

Nobody knows what anybody else might be on in the same job. That goes for pilots, cabin crew and engineers. Believe me there are large differences with the same experience levels!

A sham.

They are very good at smoke and mirrors, hence why they have everybody fooled....
:ugh:

lelac
4th Nov 2005, 21:15
I will be joining Ryanair in december as a Captain, base STN.
My basic gross will be 51.907 pounds. Is this the "normal" salary for a STN based Captain in Ryanair? Or is it a lower salary for new joiners?
Thanks in advance.

Lelac

LegsUpLucy
5th Nov 2005, 19:32
Is it true RYR are going to introduce 5on4off roster in the new year??

the grim repa
5th Nov 2005, 19:40
no,that is nowhere near true!

Baron rouge
5th Nov 2005, 20:02
Is it true RYR are going to introduce 5on4off roster in the new year??

Yes, sure, and also RYANAIR pilots believe Father Xmas exist:ok:

essexboy
6th Nov 2005, 09:50
It makes me cringe when these people talk about off shore accounts and not paying tax etc. It is illegal to live and work in the uk and not pay tax. End of story. No arrangement between the airline industry and the IRS. If do not pay you are breaking the law and they will find you eventually. Remember also it wont be a case of we want you to start paying now they will want the last five years worth. I know all the stories about Brookfields setting up Camen Island accounts for you but its not their problem (at the moment). I say at the moment because there is a tax law that states that if you work through an agent for a single client i.e. Ryanair then it is the responsibility of the agent to collect your tax.
Before anyone asks I don’t know how it works in other countries but the norm is you pay the taxes of the country where you normally reside.

JW411
6th Nov 2005, 11:45
Anyone who lives in Scandinavia and who pays tax at their rates needs a lot of money to start with just to be able to afford a beer!

Wing Commander Fowler
6th Nov 2005, 13:29
RTO - am very interested in who you work for and can you share with us roughly what your F/O's take home (obviously based on a rough average) skippers too perhaps? We actually believe we are well paid here (generally speaking) and hence many of the contented guys stay a good while. PM me if you prefer but AM very interested in this! :bored:

LegsUpLucy
6th Nov 2005, 13:39
Well guys your not helping me with my 'should i stay or should i go' descision.
I am very surprised at the total lack of clarity and/or confusion regarding ryanair salaries,it is putting me off a little.
I really would like to work on the 737-800 and the steady roster and no nightstops really appeals.
The decieving advertising of £100k for captains is obviously a ploy to get you interested.......a shame really......

lelac
6th Nov 2005, 14:15
LegsUpLucy,

I already told you my basic gross, of course you can add the Flight Expenses which is another 20.000 to 25.000 pounds tax free (At least so I was told):rolleyes:
I received my contract last month.

I want to know from the insiders if this is a lower than normal salary for new-joiners:confused:

JW411
6th Nov 2005, 14:20
Perhaps decision making is not one of her strong suits.

trab1
10th Nov 2005, 19:24
can anyone give me a ball park figure for what a full time senior f/o would take home if irish based. just a ball park, nothing specific as i realise there are a few variables. it would help to know this before i go to an interview. any help appreciated

Wing Commander Fowler
10th Nov 2005, 21:10
Be aware that you will be on a 5352 roster pattern not 5,3!

TakeItEasy
11th Nov 2005, 12:26
5/3/5/2 ???

Thought RYR just has 5/3 ???

Is it different from base to base???

Wing Commander Fowler
11th Nov 2005, 13:30
It's different in the Irish bases......

TakeItEasy
11th Nov 2005, 17:01
Wing Commander Fowler, whould you please check your PM

LegsUpLucy
11th Nov 2005, 20:15
Uk and european bases are 5353,i thought.....can anyone confirm that on contract 5on5off is possible with fixed base??

the grim repa
11th Nov 2005, 20:33
5 5 5 5 only on contract and no fixed base.

Wing Commander Fowler
11th Nov 2005, 20:43
Ireland, it would appear, is not in Europe for the purposes of this exercise..... :p

sikeano
12th Nov 2005, 14:47
quote from essex boy
It makes me cringe when these people talk about off shore accounts and not paying tax etc. It is illegal to live and work in the uk and not pay tax. End of story. No arrangement between the airline industry and the IRS. If do not pay you are breaking the law and they will find you eventually. Remember also it wont be a case of we want you to start paying now they will want the last five years worth. I know all the stories about Brookfields setting up Camen Island accounts for you but its not their problem (at the moment). I say at the moment because there is a tax law that states that if you work through an agent for a single client i.e. Ryanair then it is the responsibility of the agent to collect your tax.
Before anyone asks I don’t know how it works in other countries but the norm is you pay the taxes of the country where you normally reside.

but think of this you go sick who pays the bill ,
you retire tommorow do you get a pension ,
it is all good and money savings but can end in tears

:{

Flyingsand
13th Nov 2005, 09:03
Contract captains, paying full and correct taxes in the UK, get similar/less take home pay to a full time SFO..........

Break the law, get paid well; stay withing the law, get paid pitance... Makes you wonder why so many guys fancy the contracting work :confused: Or would I just be a wimp for not wanting to take a gamble with tax dodging???

LegsUpLucy
13th Nov 2005, 10:09
Well your all on a loser because i'm a channel island resident,so it will be an advantage to be contract :ok:

essexboy
13th Nov 2005, 11:16
Quote:
Break the law, get paid well; stay withing the law, get paid pitance...

Or would I just be a wimp for not wanting to take a gamble with tax dodging???

Not a wimp in my book FlyingSand. As sikeano mentioned if you get sick or retire you are persona non grata. You have no National Insurance records. Frankly why should us tax paying citizens pay for some high earning free loaders. The average wage in the uk £20k. So pilots earning £70, £80k are not going to get much simpathy. There was a guy a couple of years ago caught for tax evasion (German IT consultant). They estimated his back tax, nat ins etc over the last 5 years to be £200k. This plus a fine and costs of £10k plus 30 days at her majesty's pleasure was all enforced even though he had returned to his home country.

RadAlt
13th Nov 2005, 12:07
As if the N.I. is worth paying for. It's a joke system!

essexboy
16th Nov 2005, 09:52
It would appear that I have put the wind up a few people as this thread has just died. RadAlt my wife has her own company and has to pay employers as well as employees national insurance so its a double joke on us. All the time however there are people paying nothing and still using the resources the joke gets bigger. She is also a qualified Chartered Accountant and assures me that the example I quoted was by no means an isolated case and Tony & Gordon are always on the look out for industries and individuals that think they have escaped the net eg IT, building trades, aviation...

Wing Commander Fowler
16th Nov 2005, 22:08
RTO - thanx. So what's yer point? Stansted F/O's are on a take home of around £4000 per month and Captains £6000 all after tax! You really haven't been paying attention have you......... :rolleyes:

Ryanairpilot
17th Nov 2005, 12:23
bl00dy hell wingco, which ryanair do you work for? my payslip says just over £3000 basic plus sector pay (£2200 this month - quite a good month but has been down at £1600). all take home of course. i'm not sure even a trainer gets as much as you say.

if you can post your contract on here then maybe we can all go and ask for the same. ( i think you're £500 too much for f/o's too)

Wing Commander Fowler
17th Nov 2005, 22:53
Senior FO basic take home £1800 per month, Average sector pay £2200 per month = £4000. Info was accurate as of a year or so ago. If the sector cheques have been whittled down over the year then there might be a correction to make there (and yes we know it goes on despite the management's claim to the contrary!!! Triple PIK and five minutes knocked off the last sector taking it below the magical 8 hrs says it all). Rate quoted for skippers is just what I was told by the guys I flew with....... But then there are a number of different rates out there aren't there. Anyway - can't have RTO saying that his F/O's taking home 2700 - 3100 is more than ours cos it's simply not true and indicates that he hasn't understood any of the previously posted information! :ugh:

g stall
12th Dec 2005, 13:33
S/O 1100 net
F/O 1400 net
Senior F/O 1700 net

f/o half sector pay half year after line check (this has been in FR for 3.5 years).

How long does it take to get on from S/O to F/O and then to SF/O?

Cheers

atse
12th Dec 2005, 16:14
Just one more time ....

There is NO publised Ryanair pilot salary scale. There are no figures that can be said to be "the" salary figures. The best paid Ryanair pilots are generally contractors. The rest do the same work for wildly varying sums.

So, no matter what the truth of an individual set of figures presented here, it is absolutely imperative that any prospective pilot employee obtains, IN WRITING, the basis upon which they are to be employed BEFORE committing to the airline or, especially, to spending any money on type ratings etc.

In other words, the figures you get from here may be misleading, even if the poster is genuine in their assertions about how true they are. What is important is what will be true for YOU as a new joiner. Only Ryanair can tell you that. (You also need to check from when you will be paid at the full rate as some people spend a long time waiting for their first pay check - another issue well covered in current and previous threads here on prune).

Wing Commander Fowler
12th Dec 2005, 19:14
Sapco2 - atse is correct in that there are many different payscales within FR and you have to check what you are offered at the time of employment.

gstall's average of 1850 per month average sector pay is IMHO light - it is closer to 2400 per month and any taxation agreement is irrelevant since this figure is net of taxes. The tax is paid by FR at source. Don't let anyone tell you established pilots in FR are badly paid!!!

Ryanairpilot
12th Dec 2005, 19:40
now, now wingco...calm down dear. either you are a management plant or just naively ill informed. (£2400 sector pay every month for 12 months? - don't make me laugh)

g stall has it just about right. i've posted my salary details elsewhere on pprune (do a search). i've been here over 5 years and it hasn't changed for the uk since the 5 year deal that's about to end.

atse - i agree there are no published scales and each contractor's contract will be unique but i think you'll find that all permanent uk captains earn roughly the same amount with slight variances depending on time in the company. it's not a secret - just ask a few.

atse
12th Dec 2005, 20:40
Ryanirplot, on the contrary, I think if you were to winkle out of some of the contractors what their pay (and total deal is) is you might be surprised. Anyway, we are only arguing around the real issue, which is that total Ryanair crew costs are significantly lower than those of other airlines - mainly because the overall pilot group gets much less in pay and benefits than occurs elsewhere. This statement is not disproved by the fact that some pilots are very happy with their "take home" pay.

BTW, I think there are recently arrived captains on much less than you suggest particularly, but not exclusively, at bases outside of the U.K. (We also need to refer to the "Ryanair- waiting for line training" thread here to provide a better picture for prospective new joiners).

Wing Commander Fowler
12th Dec 2005, 21:33
now, now wingco...calm down dear. either you are a management plant or just naively ill informed.

Think you've been on the sauce "dear"...... what are you on with the "calm down"????

I can only state facts as per my experience when I was based in STN - but then as a management plant I WOULD be on a better deal than you I guess...... :rolleyes:

Best month = £3k
Worst = £1800

dear!

Flyingsand
13th Dec 2005, 00:47
From PPJN :ryanair UK sector pay details as follows

0-3.4 hrs scheduled block time - £45
3.5-4.9 hrs scheduled block time - £80
5.0-6.9 hrs scheduled block time - £130
7.0+ hrs scheduled block time - £185

using the 2 higher figures and the best rostering of all time give maximum figures over 900 hrs per year of....

5hr flights only : 900/5 = 180
180*130 = £23400 take home per annum

or

7hr flights only : 900/7 = 128.6
128.6*185 = £23785 take home per annum.

divide total by 12 gives a MAXIMUM 12 month average of 23785/12 = £1982

of course i should imagine that the rosters are not so generous and would be filled with 6.9 hr days for £130 or 8hr+ days for £185, further reducing maximum monthly take home.

Further to that WCF an average of £2400 over any 12 month period would result in a MINIMUM of 90.8 hrs flown per month equating to 1089.7 hours per year!!!!!!!!!

From what friends tell me regards contract pilots, they get paid in Euro's. Take their gross annual euro amount, convert it into sterling, and their pre tax pay is not significantly different to a permanent UK SFO gross pay. Its amazing how dumb some people can be by not allowing themselves to look at the BIG picture. (although being a contract pilot would facilitate tax evasion if that's the kinda thing you're into)

g stall
13th Dec 2005, 07:07
Here's what I was able to filter out from the various statements so far:

There is NO publised Ryanair pilot salary scale. There are no figures that can be said to be "the" salary figures. The best paid Ryanair pilots are generally contractors. The rest do the same work for wildly varying sums.

CMD per year / CMD per month
Net salary £35'930 / £2'994
Tax £12'720 /£1'060
National insurance £3'257 / £271

sector pay £22'200 / £1'850 (average)

Gross salary £74'107 / £6'176

30% tax on sector pay £6'660 / £555 (Ryanair paysTax on sector pay)
5% pension on basic sal. £1'796 / £150 (Ryanair pays 5% on net salary)

Total £82'563 / £6'880

Sector Pay:
0 - 3.5hrs scheduled block time per day £45
3.5 - 5hrs scheduled block time per day £80
5 - 7hrs scheduled block time per day £130
7+hrs scheduled block time per day £185
Those values are tax free (tax paid for by company).

Net salary in FR at STN/PIK/LTN base:
S/O £1100 net
F/O £1400 net
Senior £F/O 1700 net
captn: £3200 net
sector pay: £1850 average 12 months (min 1800, peak 3000)

Therea has been a five year pay deal which gave 3% increase each year,but ONLY on basic salary,whilst sector pay is decreasing at the same rate.

Can anyone with insight comment on that?

Wing Commander Fowler
13th Dec 2005, 07:57
.......err obviously not me!!! My insight has been royally proved to be outsight and to be honest I really cannot understand how?
Flyingsand's figures seem clear enough and I've sat and struggled for half an hour to work out how to justify my claims and my weak efforts are:

Some months you get your annual leave payments as well,
Sometimes you actually fly LESS than the scheduled block hrs,
Sometimes you get a day off payment,

BUT as FS states, many of the duty days were shaved to be 5 mins less than the next break, schedules were really relatively realistic and I NEVER sold a day off!!! Err.......

I never got the 3k I claimed but seem to remember being VERY close and seem to remember one guy telling me he'd got it as he was one of the few who was Salzburg checked...... Looks like it's humble pie NOT mince pie for me then!!! :ugh:

jedy
13th Dec 2005, 10:59
I'm based in STN and don't make me laugh. 3000 pounds on a good month for sector pay! Man, all I can say is that I've been here for a year an a half and the most I've seen is around 2400 pounds and in the last 6 months I've seen my sector check decreasing a good 200 to 300 pounds every month.

This is a reallity check:

· Captain basic salary = 3100 pounds/net

· Sector pay = 1850 pounds/net (calculated average from my last 10 months)

And here is another one mentioned many times before: no food, no water, no uniform, no loss of license, no pension, no medical insurance, no free parking, no free airport ID, no sim allowances (Oh! yes I forgot 40 pounds a day to pay for your transportation and accommodation), no relocation allowance (and you can be rellocated as they please on a week notice, as per contract)

· Do your own maths.

And last but not least, expect to work your nuts off and do not request any days off on a set date because you won't get (and I mean daughter's wedding, doctor's appointment...) in fact if you don't use your leave entitlement by the end of March you will simply lose it (as per contract) and trust me to get any leave at the moment is a full time job. What a joke!

Today I am just feel like writting the negative things about Ryanair and maybe tomorrow I will write the good things too because not everything is as bad as they put it here in PPRUNE.
For me at the moment it suits me just fine but when it won't I will simply leave because after all I am one of the ones that think that if you don't like, leave.

Look man, it is not so bad but this company at the moment is far from idyllic and there are a lot of issues that need to be sorted to make this company a good company to spend the rest of your career in.

Keep up the good work guys and have safe flights !!!

Wing Commander Fowler
13th Dec 2005, 12:11
Sounds like it might take gas to make you laugh Jedy........

In case you hadn't noticed I've already started cooking the humble pie...... :rolleyes: