PDA

View Full Version : The Horse Lovers (as opposed to the Kiwi whingers) thread on Makybe Diva

Binoculars
1st Nov 2005, 10:39
Tuesday is golf day. First Tuesday in November is Melbourne Cup day. Golf day has always won, but this year I was not going to miss the possibility of history being made. I plonked myself in the appropriate licensed club, lost heaps of money betting on unworthy nags, and yet again missed my opportunity to bet on the greatest champion in the last forty years. With today's result she has gone past Kingston Town and possibly Tulloch. Only Phar Lap remains as a possible superior. I feel privileged to have witnessed her win, and the Melbourne Cup can never again live up to 2005.

Onya Diva! You're a freak! :ok: :ok: :ok:

The Voice
1st Nov 2005, 11:32
Hey Bino's, I did my $'s too!! :( I'm extremely happy that she's been retired and will spend the rest of her days being well looked after!

Capt.Grumpy
1st Nov 2005, 11:53
Binos .........I had the privilege (??????) of seeing the mighty Tullochs heart after he had died. It filled half of a plastic garbage bin, I thought at the time that no horse can have a heart that big!!!!!
Even though I didn't have a bet on the Diva today I must confess to having more than a tear in my eye when she won. One doesn't get to witness greatness very often in ones life but I did today.
Mind you every time I saw Dougie Walters bat I was similarly moved..........

.....and the Kiwis whinge..........oh, never, perish the thought :hmm:

li'l ginge
1st Nov 2005, 12:11
Wasn't she just fabulous? All the hairs stood up on the back of my neck as she charged past the rest of the field. To think the dopey boyfriend was there and only saw it on TV:confused:
Wonder how many bucks her foals will fetch....