PDA

View Full Version : And you thought journalists were bad!

Algy
1st Nov 2005, 09:25
Welcome to the world of Diana Fairechild. Diana's view is that the air, water, seats, and radiation on long-haul flights are pretty much going to get you one way or the other. But fortunately she's got some handy tips for getting some kip.

Here's what she says about herself: (PRWEB) October 31, 2005 -- An upcoming CNN interview to be aired three times in November features Diana Fairechild, the most quoted air-travel safety expert, offering her tips on how to sleep on airplanes. Fairechild is a former international flight attendant, an author of five books, an expert witness in air-travel litigation, and a renown passenger activist.

And here's her advice on sleeping: "use the drowsiness brought on by the combination of G-forces and oxygen starvation at takeoff to grab some shuteye."

There's more at http://www.flyana.com/expert.html

Ropey Pilot
1st Nov 2005, 09:44
In the FAA are cabim crew really only entitled to 9 hours rest block to block? (Part of that link under 'sleep')

Or is this along the same lines as the soporific effect of G-forces and O2 starvation on rotation?:suspect:

PAXboy
1st Nov 2005, 10:47
Gosh! I never realised that the sense of elation and enjoyment that I experience during the flight is ... brought on by the combination of G-forces and oxygen starvation at takeoff. :rolleyes:

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Rainboe
1st Nov 2005, 11:35
The word that sprang to mind whilst reading the website was 'idiot- snake oil salesman!'. Unfortunately in the UK, we have another self appointed air safety organisation, based in a semi detached house, and making similar daft pronouncements. I think the aim of the game is to get 'grants' to study passenger dangers.

klink
1st Nov 2005, 11:42
..now that's why I'm always so tired after take-off!:E

barit1
1st Nov 2005, 12:05
We must put a stop to this combination of G-forces and oxygen starvation at takeoff

G-CPTN
1st Nov 2005, 12:55
> combination of G-forces and oxygen starvation at takeoff

Takes your breath away (or was that Peugeot?)

Jerricho
1st Nov 2005, 13:49
Ah yes, I have had the pleasure of somebody forwaring Ms Fairechild's site to me before.

I do have a simple question for her (although, I don't think I will get a reply from her). As one of hundreds or thousands of ex-flight attendants/cabin crew is her story a gleaming light of truth..........when there hasn't been a rush of others (some form this very site Hiya Flappy) standing with her on the issues.

I also like her "Pax Bill of Rights".......especially the Turbulence airticle. Why am I reminded of the Far Side comic with the drivers in the cockpit pretending they have hit turbulence :rolleyes:

topcat450
1st Nov 2005, 14:16
"In well-publicized incidents, airline passengers have defecated on food carts, beaten up crew members, and even sexually assaulted their own seats!"

:confused: sexually assaulting their own seats? :confused:

anoxic
1st Nov 2005, 14:18
Why not "write to Diana" on the website and let us know what she replies?

cwatters
1st Nov 2005, 19:28
Here's what she says about herself: (PRWEB) October 31, 2005 -- An upcoming CNN interview to be aired three times in November features Diana Fairechild, the most quoted air-travel safety expert, offering her tips on how to sleep on airplanes. Fairechild is a former international flight attendant, an author of five books, an expert witness in air-travel litigation, and a renown passenger activist

Well it worked for me. I read the above once and I was asleep before the end. What do you mean that wasn't her advice?

Jerricho
1st Nov 2005, 20:11
and even sexually assaulted their own seats!

Sure, it's like reusing a condom.

You put it up against a wall and beat the **** out of it.

Sorry.

Wake Turbulence
3rd Nov 2005, 02:07
"sexually assaulting their own seats?"

See Mr Guzman-Hernandez:
http://www.uktv.co.uk/?uktv=standarditem.index&aID=528004

Farrell
3rd Nov 2005, 02:55
Interesting site......

But what is our "young frequent flyer" looking at?

http://www.flyana.com/photogallery1.html
(you'll need to scroll down a bit)

I have been advising my readers to wear a dampened, cotton handkerchief while in flight. Fold the handkerchief (or bandana) on the diagonal, place it over your nose and mouth, and secure it behind the ears. .......is that not liable to bring out the air marshall?

Jerricho
3rd Nov 2005, 15:09
Hey, it's the Duke again!!!!!!

Pilgrim.