PDA

View Full Version : Course for Qantas psychometric testing?.....

HBJnerd
1st Nov 2005, 08:10
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has tried doing a course to help improve their chances of passing the QF Psych and Skills lately? Am after recommendations about any courses out there.....

Any help would be appreciated.

( and I have already done a search, didn't find much...)

Barberspole-5
1st Nov 2005, 13:30
PATS course for sure. Pilot Aptitude Training Scheme, type that into a search

Dookie on Drums
2nd Nov 2005, 00:22
( and I have already done a search, didn't find much...)

You are kidding. :hmm:

I typed in "Qantas testing" for a search and got several results.

:yuk:

Patty O'Furniture
2nd Nov 2005, 07:08
It's called PAT's type that into the search engine. It's rubbish. The course is poorly presented and very questionable. If you want to spend $400 and 8 hours of your time learning how to select a cube go for it. There are many areas of the testing that aren't covered for more than 2 minutes...

My suggestions:- Go to aptitudeonline.co.uk and use the tests found on that website.
- Find some IQ tests at the local library.
- Refine that guys idea and charge $200 and cover everything over 2 days... This should see the end of him.

whiteknuckleairlines
3rd Nov 2005, 02:44
The local libraries usually have scores of books on psychometric tests. They usually have a whole raft of them in relation to the applicant minus all the psychological rubbish. You can practice the cubes, maths, personality tests etc without spending the $400 and your time for a course. It's where PAT's probably got their information for free.

Pilbara Bloke
3rd Nov 2005, 03:58
I would have to respectfully disagree with above posters. The idea about libraries is a good one but let's face it people have been doing there own prep for many years , and the failure rate has been very high . I have attended many courses and thought the presentation of this one was fantastic. The questions on the website above in my view are not very similar to the QF tests, also I don't know anywhere where you can find good spatial questions.

I spent a few days doing PATS courses and was briefed on every question that was on the test . The exam technique ideas were spot on . By the time I sat the QF test I knew every cube possibility and had practised them hundreds of time - PATS taught methods that made these easy. I knew every command , and every command question and practised them hundreds of times - the PATS method of doing these command problems is bulletproof.

The PATS maths section was brilliant . I knew every data set from the different maths tests that Qantas use, had practised scores of actual stage two questions(that I saw in my test) , and was taught many many shortcuts , time saving techniques . I was given a very detailed plan for this component and it worked very very very well . I knew all the data sets prior to walking in - so there were no surprises.

The PATS verbal material was excellent . I sat three practice tests in various individual courses and without this I would not have passed . To see where and how you make errors in this section is very revealing - I was surprised . The PATS material is spot on , and I must admit having a chuckle when I did the actual test. Skills test a walk in the park after this course.

I was on hold file , but have been informed that I will be progressing . I did both group and individual courses , so it cost me thousands of dollars ( I did more than one indiv). In my view it was cheap as I would have had zero chance of getting thru otherwise , and it will only cost me a couple of weeks SO pay. For every dollar I spent on these courses the return is several thousand back to me - a good investment I would think.

People say either very positive or negative about this company on this forum. I think the reasons are twofold . Firstly people get very very jealous of the success others have , and will do anthing to blame others for their own shortcomings. The fact is many pilots will never make it into QF , and will be in poorly paid insecure employment over there whole careers. Also it is very competitive to get a job in mainline - very few will give away a competitive edge. Friends who got start a during this year have said virtually everyone had done this course.

Thats my two cents worth so thank you very much PATS , the only reason I am in my current situation is your expertise. Everyone has to make their own choice but you are playing for a career where you will earn many millions - don' t cheapskate on your preparation - it will be the biggest mistake of your life.

;) ;) ;) :ok: :ok: :ok:

whiteknuckleairlines
3rd Nov 2005, 08:56
http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/about/employment/QTests.pdf

paul56
5th Nov 2005, 08:10
Hi guys,

Patty and Whitenuckle...you both mention that some good books are available. With my testing coming up in late November I'm looking to do as much preperation as possible myself.

I'd be very grateful if you could advise of specific titles of some of these books. Anything with practice maths or verbal questions would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Paul