PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Dar

I.R.PIRATE
1st Nov 2005, 07:29
Hey there guys. Was wondering if anyone could inform me of a good hotel in Dar, near the airport. Will be ferrying thru there on fri/sat. Thanks.

MysticFlyer
1st Nov 2005, 08:10
Gee some of your posts, ferrying.....no ops...no hang on this is too much to the tone a CC would use. :}

http://www.worldairportguide.co.uk/airports/des/des.asp

Blue skies!

reptile
1st Nov 2005, 10:15
The Royal Palm in Ohio street is good. Not close to airport - about 20mins by taxi (cost +- US$20). Hotels closer to airport seem a bit suspect.

Have fun in Dar!:cool:

saywhat
1st Nov 2005, 10:57
GOLDEN TULIP HOTEL
Liberation Rd
Accra
Ghana
Tel - 0923321775360

MysticFlyer
1st Nov 2005, 11:45
So you're not on your way to Nigeria via Dar to introduce yourself as I.R.(Babo..)Pilot and say you're there to apologise?

Stop to think sometimes. Now where and when are you headed to?

As I said, fitting "handle" you got....and... ah....don't take the address in Accra either, remember it's Dar you're off to!

I.M.Weasel
:p

B Sousa
1st Nov 2005, 13:17
Been a while, but a place called the "New Africa Hotel" was good. Anyone know of it..Is it still there. Most hotels are a cab ride anyway..
Also a fellow from ATC in Dar gave us a lot of help. Anyone know if Issac Mapunda is still working for ATC??
Thanks

I.R.PIRATE
1st Nov 2005, 14:12
Thanks Bert, will inspectigate further.

saywhat
1st Nov 2005, 14:41
Sorry, I was just testing just how stupid Icould be!!

Holiday Inn Dar-es-Salaam
P O Box 80022
Dar-Es-Salaam
Tanzania
Garden Avenue
Dar-Es-Salaam
Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 2137575
Fax: +255 22 2139070

SEACLIFF HOTEL
Toure Drive
Msasani Peninsula
P.O. Box 3030
Dar es Salaam
Tanzania

Telephone:
+255-22-2 600 380-7,
+255-22-2 600 444

Don't think either are close to the airport, but I dont know of any good hotels that are.

Herbie-TZ
1st Nov 2005, 15:03
IR Pirate,

A rather new one where I stayed recently is:

Sleep Inn Hotel, reasonable close and reasonable rates, ($30)

Royal Palm is taken over by Movenpick and I am pretty much sure you won't get a room there for $20/night...

You can book online for the Sleep Inn:

http://www.sleepinnhoteltz.com

but be quick, I wanted a room last week last minute and it was fully booked...

PM me if you need more information.

Grtz from TZ, Herbie

PS Can give you also a mobile phone number of a trustworthy taxi-driver.

MysticFlyer
1st Nov 2005, 17:13
Thank goodness, I only have to explain the first one...:D

Handle - callsign

No Operations office to do the inspectigation and subsequent booking for you? Your wisdoms sometimes made me think sometimes....no, you R a loose canon!

Was gonna suggest you remove your thread in order not to put yourself in too much obvious danger....and there you go again....crazy people out there boeta, take it easy out there, seeing that you must be still a youngster.

Down boy!

MF - (I like the ring it has too.... ;))

Ps. The link was a pleasure:ouch:

flyhardmo
1st Nov 2005, 17:55
golden tulip
royal palm
seacliff
coral beach
they are the high end ones
there is a new hotel called Kilimanjaro, never seen it but heard it was great.

Palm Beach hotel is just out of town and its just been renovated.
peacock hotel in town is also quite nice
Also Q bar is okk but might be a bit noisy with the bar downstairs on a friday but its a great place to be and descent food.

Some low end back packer self contained rooms safari inn
econolodge are not too bad. They are about 15-20 dollars a night and not too bad.

PM me if you want a taxi driver he will give you much better rates
Enjoy dar

I.R.PIRATE
1st Nov 2005, 20:05
Shot Mystic flyer, (wondered if i should actually put that comma there) . No ops....hah, our comapny lets us plan our own ferries, and as I have not yet had the pleasure of doing Dar, I thought I would like to spend a night there, and make my own mind up. Entebbe and Nairobi.....time for a change....and yes, a youngster I am, but aint the folly of the youth just bliss....??:E

fireitup
1st Nov 2005, 20:09
I.R

If you're passing through Kuktoom on the way down we're having a small jol thurs night..bal/sixpack always welcome.

Fire:ok:

MysticFlyer
2nd Nov 2005, 07:24
I hear your ego is going to school next year, remember there's old pilots but never old, bold pilots....keep that attitude in check.

Those attitudes comes in handy when an airforce selects fighter joc's, you obviously didn't knack it....so good luck with contract flying, certain good qualities and those the most important ones, just can't be bought! :ooh:

I.R.PIRATE
2nd Nov 2005, 11:44
Thanks Fireitup, unfortunately wont be heading thru the Sudan, but greatful for the invite, there are always ferries, and it might happen.

As for you My-thickflyer.....ja swaer, go pick on someone your own size.:{

MysticFlyer
2nd Nov 2005, 12:28
Ok, remember, if you wanna run with the big dogs, don't p_ss like a puppy!

No jokes aside, please go to your chief pilot, ask him to give you a good whack against your cranium, tell him I'll pay him back sometime....:ok:

Own size...I think he dropped his thesaurus after some of my last postings or could he be just out cavorting with a new dog, he said he's going to see a man about a dog?:E

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Nov 2005, 07:14
Thanks so much to all the guys for the sensible answers, with this list we should find a bed no prob. :ok:

Baas
3rd Nov 2005, 08:56
I R Pirate!

The world is getting smaller my tjom, your attitude bigger and showing your lack of experience tipical of an arrogant ****!

THINK my boy before you start a topic!

Jy besoedel die plek met stront!

Baas.

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Nov 2005, 09:11
Ag Baas, just Pipe Down now boy, if you dont want to read my post , or have it read to you, then dont.

If asking about a good Hotel is showing lack of experience, then ask me for my SPL number.

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 09:46
You see....I give up with you....maybe it has to be spelled out for you, it's not your thread topic that's wrong.

You have obviously spent too much time in front of a computer. And the feathered chip on your left breast.

May I suggest a good instructor for you one day, that's to say if you don't get yourself killed before then? Kol-kol Het ek lankLaas op so outjie afgekom!

Sa! Vat hom Baas! :ok:

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Nov 2005, 09:49
Um....actually I dont have a chip on my breast. Im an extremely balanced indivdual, with a chip on BOTH shoulders.

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 10:04
That must be the node replying on behalf of all the "we" 's doing some processing again....

"Our" company..., "we" should find..., probably also a "When we..."

Have we done proper flight planning, packed extra batteries for the GPS, got that whack from your Chief Pilot yet? Tell him he could have one for himself too, it's also on me, as he probably helped for you to be employed there. :ok:

Now go on, do something more worthwhile than just sit on this forum, read a book about espionage, or even counter-espionage, but real ones, not Monster Inc.

reptile
3rd Nov 2005, 10:14
MysticFlyer - Space Shuttle commander according to your profile??? Sounds like I.R. is not the only one dealing with chips on the shoulder. :D

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 10:26
Well, well....Baboone signed off.....Reptile signed on.....that makes you......the chief pilot!

I may call my taxi a shuttle! Apologise! :\

My mode of transport these days is actually anti-gravitational....got tired of levitating (that means I got tired of the toilet and now I'm on the gravy-train.)

Easy boys, easy!

:E

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Nov 2005, 10:30
Handbags at dawn...

Lekker!:ok:

Vat hom, Fluffy!!:E

reptile
3rd Nov 2005, 10:48
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits, with an opponent that is obviously unarmed.:ok: :ok:

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 10:59
Now let me see....you must be du Plessis then?:bored:

No, I'll stick to my first theory....Baboone with you or did he go do flight planning? Whacked him yet? .....not.....look around and advise me who's around....

You should've apologised....you had the option and this after I called peace?

Reptile, your SAAF callsign, was it?

reptile
3rd Nov 2005, 11:01
Nope - you're thinking of DN

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Nov 2005, 11:46
Since humbly accepting your offer of the peace pipe, there has been only pleasantries exchanged, until your Boss's, (snigger), unsatiable need to dominate someone ELSE for a change raised its scaly head.

See, Mastered Mystic, I am just a team player, hence the we's and our's......

There is no I, in crew!!

There is one in I.R though, and yes, I are He!

Bold. Although. Badly. Opinionated. Otherwise. Nuisance.

:hmm:

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 11:53
A-ha, baboon's online.....screptile's offline...and betcha they're either, let me see, Solenta, Rossair, King Air Services...not going to Sudan...departing now 10:1 for HTDA, not today, because they're still sitting and talking [email protected] contacts within ATNS to provide all the FP's filed for the whole couple of days within the complete region, because of VSAT's hub at FAJS....could even expect a phonecall as you file them....thereby revelaing to me your little NAAMPIE.

Then because of my experience and hence...pull...in aviation worldwide....well galactic too :E ...could make your progression within aviation very slower than what you're daddy and mommy would like it to be.

But hey, you p-ss some people off, with worse intentions that mine, but with the same contacts...or even have me as a contact with a quick PM, catch my drift....you asked for it.

Now you see, unlike you twats that goes to Africa to make a "killing" in the wallet department....some other guys go there for more reasons than just that!

They also manage to learn a lot more. So if neither of you are that Chief Pilot I'm talking about, learn a bit here and stay alive!

Now don't worry too much, this was only a lesson...the last one hopefully.

:ok:

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Nov 2005, 11:57
Will I still be allowed to post on PPRune ever again?

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 12:00
You're off on contract,

Good reading: The Art of War, Sun Tzu and then: The Prince, Niccolo Machiavelli.

But there's a saying in Afrikaans...."As jy dom is moet jy k_k!"

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Nov 2005, 12:01
OkOKOK. I give up, peace and best wishes, the noise is over.

And I dont need my career anymore ruined than what I have already done myself.

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 12:23
Now turn around, walk away, live to fly another day! We all make mistakes, you survived this one:ok:

Now go and live your live....enjoy flying, a couple of beers with the mates etc. even the bush, but remeber there's a line to everything, even rolling the company's errie! :suspect:

Pitty there's no more National Service of the old school type, just for basic training.:sad:

Peace, tell Reptile he's forgiven too! No-one banned you from here, remember....the line, refer to my second paragraph here.

Blue skies!

I.R.PIRATE
3rd Nov 2005, 12:29
I just have to add, that I dont know reptile. He seems to have jumped on our bandwagon from somewhere else.

MysticFlyer
3rd Nov 2005, 17:35
Ok, he's next anyway....nothing ever wrong with a 2 cents worth, but disinformation as with the CC type with nice rounded words etc. his silence is deafening.....

Where's he writing Protocall's or also away on a trip?