PDA

View Full Version : Simon Cowell sighting...

TheFlyingSquirrel
1st Nov 2005, 07:16
I saw SC outside a London restaurant this weekend - he strolled out of his Range Rover into Ciprianis or whatever it's called and the paparazzi were waiting for him - he posed for pictures, as he does, and then he grabbed one ot the cameras from a photographer and turned it on himself at arms length then took a shot - handed it back to the man and said " now that's more like it " and went in the restaurant. Just though i'd share that with you...:{

Kaptin M
1st Nov 2005, 07:22
Who t f is Simon Cowell??

Not that I really care - if he were someone important then I guess I would have heard of him.

TheFlyingSquirrel
1st Nov 2005, 07:30
He's a bit like the English version of Rolf Harris ! Sun - a rise , early in de mornin !!

MagnusP
1st Nov 2005, 09:13
Just the Range Rover, eh? I thought the self-satisfied little git usually prowled around in his Maybach.

OneWorld22
1st Nov 2005, 09:21
Made 50 million from Pop Idol in the US! :eek:

I can't think of the major acts he's had before all this reality POP nonsense, seems like he's made all his cash from these TV shows. I believe he had to have a bodyguard in the US because of his comments to some contestants, some guys actually came back with baseball bats to kick the c**p ou of him!

I think he's funny to be honest, some of the people who turn up to these interviews are delusional and need to hear the harsh truth that they're s**t.....The US judges are too "nice" and false.

fmgc
1st Nov 2005, 09:49
In this PC world that we live in Simon Cowell is a breath of fresh air.

He was a millionaire before all the TV stuff.

I can't remeber what acts he was behind but some of them were pretty big.

He was behind Westlife I have just learnt from Mrs FMGC.

OneWorld22
1st Nov 2005, 11:00
No, that was Louis Walsh I think.

(I'm very embarassed to say! :\ )

Gouabafla
1st Nov 2005, 11:21
I think you are both right. Cowell discovered Westlife, but Louis Walsh managed them.

In my own defence, I have to say that there was an interview with Cowell in the Sunday Times this week.

OneWorld22
1st Nov 2005, 11:25
That's the one, it was in The Sunday Times Magazie. Very interesting and seems a very down to earth person. Not like his persona.

Zoom
1st Nov 2005, 12:10
He was on a Channel 4 'Top 50 best/worst/stupidest.....' thing the other day where he was performing with a band on TOTP while wearing a dog suit. So I wouldn't insult Rolf Harris by linking them.

Flyrr100
1st Nov 2005, 12:23
I know who Simon Cowell is. But I have no clue who any of his bands are.
Did he have anything to do with Lieutenant Pidgeon? (Mouldy old Dough)

G-CPTN
1st Nov 2005, 12:35
http://www.angrysimon.com/simon_bio.html
(Bio of SC)

Jerricho
1st Nov 2005, 13:41
(Bio of SC)

Really? Does it give the history of why they call him "The Duke"

:E :E

Air-Geko
1st Nov 2005, 13:53
I think they were being polite -- you're supposed to replace the 'U' with an 'I'

Air-Geko

10bob
1st Nov 2005, 14:00
Very good Jerricho :ok: