PDA

View Full Version : Mumbay--Bombay India

cognomultani
31st Oct 2005, 18:02
Hi everybody.

What about life in Bombay ? I am a little scared about some tropical
vyrus or even malaria ,that you can get there.

Thank you !!!!!!!

9Ws
31st Oct 2005, 18:38
Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. Just be careful by doing what you would in any other country... drink clean sealed-bottled water and avoid eating at roadside stalls where they probably cook in old and used oil.

If you do just that much, you'll be safe anywhere. But considering you're going to India as an expat to fly with one of the airlines there, you'll be put up at a 5-star hotel where the water is always clean (bottled) and the food is to die for (...not die FROM ;) )

The city isn't a jungle, and you won't get malaria unless you are very careless. Expect to live like a king, make big bucks... and enjoy your stay there!

:ok:

UL501
1st Nov 2005, 08:29
And don't take photographs since lots of people will put their heads in , these guys are fans of movies and photos , even though they don't know you still they ask you to take a photograph,

Always shop with a local, if the tradestallpersons gets to know you are a foreigner , he will con you.

And the still use old style toilets too , so when flat-hunting check that, when looking for a flat try to get to know the owner directly , third party crooks are all over the housing market.

They look pretty but they live in small apartments , so they are not that clean ,,,, to make it simple, ITS NOT THE BOMBAY OR MUMBAI WE SEE IN MOVIES<<<< ITS JUST A CONGESTED TOWN WITH OVERPOPULATION AND CONCRETE JUNGLE . BUT cost of living is so cheap.

Edited to make it comprehensible. BE

Left Wing
1st Nov 2005, 10:41
MUMBAI / BOMBAY / BOM

FACTS:

Great fun place for xpats & locals, xpats are treated very well, even at 3 am you are safe, local pilots are of good quality, local babes are awsme.. love blond men:{

Eat in 4-5* hotels very cheap, drink bottle water, travel in private cabs(bargain for every thing)

keep an open mind its not your home town so every thing is different, if it home you want then dont leave your home.

:ok:

cognomultani
1st Nov 2005, 13:09
Thank you ,

for your help about life in Bombay.So I can have a good quality of life
( girls apart, Left Wing;I am bold)
See you there
:cool:

dessas
18th Nov 2005, 05:14
:mad: Coming back fro BOM I c my post removed...
Does reality hurt so much?
Tnx a lot...:mad: :mad:

Hairy Chest
18th Nov 2005, 06:01
dessas, cant say anything positive.....dont say cr@p least. Help the other guys do not cry about things you dnt know about.

What LW and 9W say is very true, been to India only on lay overs your US$ goes a LONG WAY.

Left, most of us are too old for young ones you talk about, but its true. BOM seems a more fun and safe place to be rather than DEL & MAA.... may be locals can help better here.

Never got used to the local Beers in DEL brewed with whiskey in them...2 of em does the job