PDA

View Full Version : Life at MyTravel

BMI701EGCC
31st Oct 2005, 10:09
Good morning PPRUNE,

my friend just came back to Manchester from Orlando yesterday, he said that the service the airline provided was fantastic and he would deffinatly use them again.

This prompted me to ask how is the situation at My Travel at the moment?

Has the airline improved since the financial fiasco last year?what are there plans for the future, i know that there is a big fleet shakeup soon, with the 767's being retired, more A321's being brought in.

i hear that there punctuality is very good at the moment, the airline is deffinatly moving forward in my eyes.

If there are any pilots out there who work for MYT can you give me info on how soon you will get on the A330, even time to command.

last but not least is there any new routes planned for next year, maybe more exotic destinations?

sorry for the rabbiting

cheers
Scott Waterworth

EGNH01
31st Oct 2005, 13:14
Life at MyTravel is alot better now alot more stable. On time performance has improved. 2 B757's are being retired at the end of play today. 1 B767 will return from Canada for the winter with a second back in the summer next year. Brazil has been included for next summer

Kestrel_909
31st Oct 2005, 13:41
Any idea if they'll be operating Cancun, Montego Bay and Cancun using their own A330s (and 767s?) from BFS next year?

Lou Scannon
31st Oct 2005, 15:40
My brother-in-law, who is disabled, thought My Travel cabin service was appalling.

He returned from Cyprus last Wednesday to East Midlands, asked a passing cabin "attendant" if she would pass him his walking sticks so that he could make his way to the toilet...and was told that "she hadn't put them away so she had no idea where they were"

...before walking away.

A snapshot perhaps...but indicative.

diesel36
31st Oct 2005, 16:30
like EGNH01 has said things are good at mytravel , had a very good year. 1 76 at man for the winter and the summer then the other one is going to gla for the summer. thats the plan so far. also heard as 2 757,s go we get another 2. !!! wait and see about that..

kestrel909 yes the 330,s are planned to do those flights.

and just to add mytravel cabin servive is not appalling you must have got them on a bad day. dont we all have those, and i know its no excuse..

Lou Scannon
1st Nov 2005, 11:25
Amazing!

Just been emailed by the chappie who operated the flight I complained about. (See my previous whinge).

He has offered to research the incident as he states that is not the way that Airtours normally treat their passengers.

Nice to hear from someone who believes that command doesn't stop at the flight deck door.

Impressed!
:D

swedish
1st Nov 2005, 18:08
If lifes so good why have they announced today another 3 aircraft leaving at the end of winter - 10% of the fleet......

Duff beer
1st Nov 2005, 20:58
Getting onto the 330 is more a matter basing rather than seniority.
If youre MAN or LGW then you will probably get a rating after a year or so (providing youre willing to do a Hajj detatchment).

Long haul is pretty rubbish at the moment though.

If im not sat on a cock-roach infested coach for 8 hours going through bandit country across the Dominican, Im sat for 10 hours with my knees in my face as I cross the Atlantic in the back of a 74 for the 3rd time this month.

Getting a command......hold on whilst I pick myself up off the floor.
NO CHANCE!! Join the queue behind the 6 or 7 demoted captains.
Though that being said with the current rate of attrition then who knows.

That being said......I wouldnt want to move. Its a great company to work for.

diesel36
1st Nov 2005, 21:27
well crossing the dominican is not just mytravel so you could do that with any charter and the last time i did it wasnt 8hrs. and yes 3 small airbus going but 2 big 767,s coming in there place. so yes life at mytravel is good. every time mytravel mentioned on here i love it that sooner or later there is someone on there high horse about us.. we have fantastic crew that make the life at mytravel a very good job..so ill keep on enjoying..

RobT100
1st Nov 2005, 22:07
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.....let that be the end of G-PIDS !

TJ747
1st Nov 2005, 22:54
hehehehe

PIDS = passengers in deep ****e

you never knew what may be install or you when that thing flying about. made my days very ineresting.

But i must say, the crew have got to be some of the most frienliest and down to earth guys and girls i have ever worked with. A credit to the company.

just hope the 767 behaves itself this winter.