PDA

View Full Version : Balmoral?

Hot Shots
31st Oct 2005, 06:59
Does anybody know what happened to Balmoral Management and the helicopter division after the closure of the company?

leginheli
31st Oct 2005, 07:13
Hi Hot Shot

The helicopter division of Balmoral actually split from Balmoral before they went belly up. They are now operating under the name of Acher Aviation and still operate out of Virginia. They are still doing the Portnet operation although since they lost the one 109 a couple of months ago I don't know how it is going with them.

Vaughen Peacock and Stuart Low are still with Acher.

Legin

Hyksos
31st Oct 2005, 08:08
Somewhere in the back of my mind I vaguely recall a meeting in Luanda where the crew were informed that Balmoral Central Contracts will no longer be "milked" in order to finance the helicopter Division.The general idea conveyed was something to the tune of: "We can no longer support them and they have to fend for themselves now". Strangely enough there were rumours doing the rounds at the same time that the choppers are financially sound and secure.

Let me take a flyer and guess that somebody were busy all along robbing Peter and building a kingdom with Paul

Balmy
3rd Nov 2005, 10:24
Hyksos,

Your guess and the innuendo therein are spectacularly off the mark........

Hot Shots

You can contact Vaughan and Stuart on (031) 563 2650 and Robin on 084 680 7344