PDA

View Full Version : Up-to-Date Skywest (XR) Info please..

SkySista
31st Oct 2005, 05:04
Hey all,

I know I've asked this in the past but I'm after some more recent info regarding employment for XR CC.

If someone in the know could give me some info on the following points it would be much appreciated:

1. Conditions (e.g. average hours pers roster, days off, overnights, base pay, allowances (if any, lol!) etc)

2. Training - how long, is it paid for by the company, probation period, length of time to upgrade to the F100

3. Previous airline exp - a plus or minus?? (I know some companies prefer just CS exp so they can train you 'their' way)

4. Usual hiring times (for example, in around 6 months... or do they usually have a hiring boom at the start/middle/end of year?)

5. Education/languages: If you haven't done Year 12, what does the "equivalent study" quoted on their web site mean? Is it Tafe (Tourism/Travel) or Uni?? Also must you have another language or has anybody got in without one....

6. Do you need to 'know someone who knows someone'.. ;)

Background on me: at the time I plan to apply will be 23 y.o. with around 7 yrs CS exp, recent airline exp, relatively free on commitments, no probs working Xmas etc (e.g. fairly easy to call out at short notice) awareness of other cultures/beliefs.... (Basically, what are my chances?! :p)

They seem like a great company to work for and everyone looks happy... so... are things as they seem...? Anything good or bad, pls let me know! :D

Thanks in advance guys!!! :ok:

Sky

speeddial
31st Oct 2005, 11:59
I flew on SkyWest in California between San Fran and Sacramento, the CC on these two small jets were very professional and competent and looked proud to be where they were, something I haven't always seen on the bigger airlines.

boeingwest
31st Oct 2005, 12:22
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

SkySista
1st Nov 2005, 01:10
Okay I should clarify that I'm talking about the Australian airline (which is Skywest as opposed to SkyWest - I did put XR ( but I guess not everyone knows airline codes...:D ))

C'mon, I KNOOOOW there's some of you on here!!! :D

Spill, spill!! :p

SkySista
22nd May 2006, 07:16
Ok no bites last time; lets see if there's anyone out there now...

I hear that people aren't so happy at XR these days... lots of tech delays/breakdowns... crew maxed on hours, working 7 days in a row... is this true??

Can anyone tell me what it's like at the moment? How many hours are you doing a week/per roster period? How long are you on reserve? What's current time from 50 to jet? What are management like? (Heard a recent change so wondering how that's affected things)

Any info would be mucho appreciated, cheers... (PM me if you like!)

ta!! :ok: