PDA

View Full Version : scar

iuli21
31st Oct 2005, 01:50
hi!
do i have any chance of becomig flight attendant with a scar of 2 cm on my face???

i have been involved nasty accident with my scooter, what is weird is the fact that the accident happened one week before my interview with emirates. i have spent a lot of money to go in italy for the interview and in exchange i got a 2 cm. scar and 2 broken teeth:)
the scar is not quite visible, is like a thin line on my chin paralel with the lips

Lasiorhinus
31st Oct 2005, 02:13
If its not very visible to you, then its surely less visible to others too. I wouldnt worry - you could always cover it with makeup if that helps...

Ropey Pilot
3rd Nov 2005, 11:07
I would imagine that it would be no more legal to refuse you employment on this basis than if you simply weren't 'pretty enough' (or handsome enough:D ).

I would imagine (especially soon after the accident) the main problem is likely to be self-conciousness or reduction in confidence - I would suggest this is a possibility since you have started this thread in the first place it is an 'issue' of at least some importance to you.

I would apply as you would have done before. Of course the issue of it being illegal to refuse employment is made somewhat tricky by proving that is why they didn't employ you in the event of a rejection:{

Anyway good luck:ok:

upandup
11th Nov 2005, 21:30
i work for an airline and one of my collegues has a 6 inch visible scar on his cheek. Go for it, the interview process is based on how u present yourself not on a scar