View Full Version : Stop Paying For Assessment

VITODRAGO
30th Oct 2005, 09:24
I THINK THAT THE FUTURE WILL BE WORST AND WORST UNLESS WE ALL PILOTS STIK TOGHETHER.
We can start by stopping payment for assessment and selections.
It is evident that the selection centers call up candidates they already know they will reject for the sake of making monies on them.
I allways refused and i will allways refuse to pay for assesment, and when it cames for interview in far away places i only go if the travel is paid.
So far i allways found jobs and i still work. i have been not employed and when i was not employed i stikked to my rule .
i believe that if we all do it operators will have to stop these nonsenses.
aircrafts cannot fly without pilots.
If we all could stik toghether we can make them go back to the time when they used to pay for type rating.
Today there are pilots who pay to work, paying type ratings, first 500 hours and so on, these pilots are ruining the pilot's comunity.

airpilot
30th Oct 2005, 15:55
Totally agree.

My cheque book very slim and cant write big fat ones but can accept a salary reduction. Airlines will not loose out this way if you leave you pay the balance.

Just borrowed money to clear a loan and over draft no more.

Maximum_Smash
30th Oct 2005, 22:15
A true heros quest Vito, however one that is quite fruitless.

In the same way those who can afford to do the training get licences and the ones who can't, don't.

All you serve to do by "boycotting" those selections you have to pay for is to increase the statistical chance, of those that are willing to pay, of getting the job.

Surely the intelligent pilot of today realises that such costs are incurred in the course of ones career and budgets accordingly.

May I suggest removal of large chips on shoulders would be better for the pilot community as a whole?

Smash

MrHorgy
30th Oct 2005, 22:26
Maximum_Smash is right - if some people stop paying, then those who DO pay have more chance of getting the job, it's fairly self regulating.

I reckon this is the way type ratings MIGHT go in the future. It's been argued to death whether paying for a TR is better for you job wise, but as more people do it it'll become the norm and so the people who don't will be at the disadvantage in the job market.

Horgy