PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus scheduled to Montreal

MarkD
30th Oct 2005, 03:44
Aer Lingus used to operate to Montreal from 66 to either 79 or 80. I have two questions which I can't seem to find answers to in google.

1. what date did EI withdraw from scheduled service to Montreal

2. EI inaugurated the service as SNN-YUL-ORD - was Montreal later served as a destination only or always as a stop for ORD.

thanks in advance
MarkD

apaddyinuk
2nd Nov 2005, 22:54
MarkD, I asked my mum about this as she is former EI crew and flew througout the 60s,70s and 80s. She is sure the schedule ended in 1980 but continued on a charter basis with several flights out of BFS on the 707's right up until they left in the mid 80s. The scheduled service was usually a through service to Chicago but apparently according to her the crew did lay over in montreal regularly!!! Sorry for being so vague but hope that helps you out a little!!!

gobfa
3rd Nov 2005, 00:04
Mark,

Had the pleasure in flying on a rebate tkt with EI in 76. If my memory is correct, flight was on a Thursday and it operated DUB/SNN/YMX and aircraft terminated there.

Following week, as it was now winter season aircraft operated ORD/YMX/SNN/DUB.

I think YMX had their own service at least once a week in the summer, others if operated went onwards to ORD or BOS.

G

MarkD
3rd Nov 2005, 01:12
thanks for the info so far!