View Full Version : PAX v Boscombe

L G Cooper
30th Oct 2005, 00:24
Greetings all.

I wish to solve a bit of a conundrum with which I'm faced. The company I work for has a spot on offer from Pax River. They are baulking at taking it stating that, as our last two TP's attended Pax, it's time for a change of philosophy and they want to wait for an ETPS position.

What are the differences between the two schools for TP training both academically and practically? I'm aware of the obvious differences (Privately run fixed/rotary streaming at ETPS vs government operated broad aircraft test at Pax), what I'm not privvy to are the subtleties. I don't think there are that many to warrant the passing over of a Pax River slot for another 6 months to go to ETPS on an intangible gut feel by non T&E qual'd aircrew.

Could someone give me the detail that I'm missing? Thanks.

LGC

:ok:

steve_oc
30th Oct 2005, 01:52
I would take the Pax post if it's offered rather than wait 6 months. I don't know any more what the cost differential is, but the end qualification is equivalent and you work just as hard. Pax being American has more money and more toys but the basic academic and flying syllabus is the same.
Having said that, if you are a civilian (non-government) there may be other issues to do with acceptance for flying in the USA, as there are with anyone doing initial flying training (not recurrent) in the form of TSA requirements. I have no idea how that may affect you, if at all, but it caused us a lot of grief for S92 training.

LOMCEVAK
30th Oct 2005, 15:40
LGC,

Check your PMs.

Rgds

L