PDA

View Full Version : Bunny Huggers Beware.

cavortingcheetah
29th Oct 2005, 05:26
:D The Times October 29, 2005

Children beat foxhunt ban by chasing rabbits

Children who used to enjoy foxhunting have taken advantage of a loophole in the law that banned it by creating a rabbit hunt.

Twenty children aged between 4 and 14 started chasing and killing rabbits with beagles and terriers this week. The Wormstall Rabbit Hounds Hunt at Park Farm, Oakley, near Basingstoke, is the brainchild of Freddy Tett, 12, Archie Rutland, 13, and Tom Small, 12. The boys used to ride with the Vine and Craven Hunt, which supports the venture.

At the inaugural meet they used six dogs and killed four rabbits. Tom said: We came up with this idea as a bit of fun. Its a way of enjoying ourselves now we cant hunt foxes anymore.

Rabbits are the subject of an exemption to the Hunting Act 2004, which bans the hunting of most wild mammals with dogs.

An enterprising venture and one in the eye for the Bunny Huggers!

:E

Farrell
29th Oct 2005, 05:39
Fire in the hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ducks!)

Bern Oulli
29th Oct 2005, 07:06
Its a way of enjoying ourselves now we cant hunt foxes anymore.

I seriously worry about the mental state of any child who says this, not to mention that of their parents.

Krystal n chips
29th Oct 2005, 07:26
Such adorable little :mad: brats !!!------reasons to leave the UK No. 731 ----and of course, their equally doting and presumably obnoxious parents should also get a "round of applause" here !:mad:

maggioneato
29th Oct 2005, 08:12
Yuk. What obnoxious little brats. How could children ever think up such a sick idea of fun. No wonder the UK has gone to the dogs with people like these around. I wonder did the parents suggest the idea or was it really thought up by their brats. Either way :yuk:

mazzy1026
29th Oct 2005, 08:25
I think we should get together and chase the little :mad: 's ourselves and see how they like it :*

Lock n' Load
29th Oct 2005, 09:03
Bern Oulli, old chap... When your former sport was removed by act of parliament, a move supported by the vast majority of the British public, you were disgusted. As was I for that matter.
Surely you, of all people, should see that a minority belief, sport or pastime is not wrong or evil just because the majority think it so?
Personally, I'm in favour of any action which puts the antis' noses out of joint. The price of bread in Britain is very low, thanks to the vast number of pigeons shot, and I only wish that more vegetarians knew they had blood on their hands too as purchasers of bread and other wheat and barley products. Rabbits cause damage too, to crops in the early stages of growth in particular (hares are even worse), and deer damage trees and shrubs. All are shot to protect crops and, in the case of deer, woodland. Who has the power or even the right to say that those performing the control duties shouldn't enjoy themselves?

For those wondering, Bern Oulli used to own and shoot pistols, now illegal in the UK. He has my respect as a ATC instructor, but my regard is waning otherwise if he sides with those who see the countryside as some kind if themepark where all animals live in peaceful harmony and all rabbits die of old age while "Bright Eyes" plays softly in the background.

eal401
29th Oct 2005, 09:14
We came up with this idea as a bit of fun. Its a way of enjoying ourselves now we cant hunt foxes anymore.
Funny. I seem to remember getting seriously slated for suggesting fox hunting was done for fun and had nothing to do with pest control.

Nice to know I was right after all.

:)

TheFlyingSquirrel
29th Oct 2005, 09:21
Well if they were French kids, they'd be torturing them for fun before eating them !

Duckbutt
29th Oct 2005, 11:11
Surely you, of all people, should see that a minority belief, sport or pastime is not wrong or evil just because the majority think it so?

Could the activities of Dr Harold Shipman in murdering his patients not be described as a 'minority pastime'? Although presumably a majority thought it was wrong perhaps in hindsight he should not therefore have been convicted and sent to prison.

Standard Noise
29th Oct 2005, 12:39
Little barstewards! Anyone who shoots knows it's much more fun to blast the pesky varmints with both barrels!!! Dogs indeed, pah!

Dead_Heading
29th Oct 2005, 13:06
I shoot for pest control and sport, have to admit I enjoy sooting far more than I enjoy riding. I enjoy that, does this make me a sick individual? I care for the countryside more than a bunch of huggy fluffs who, to quote see the countryside as some kind if themepark where all animals live in peaceful harmony and all rabbits die of old age while "Bright Eyes" plays softly in the background.

Rabbits are taken by me using a 12 gauge, and .22 air rifle as well as ferreting. Rabbits are caught using dogs in a very effective form of pest control (lurchers) this is a slight extension of this, and frankly, it shows the [email protected]@dy antis we are not going to give up and go away.

Antis can't face facts, nature is red in tooth and claw, L&L, you will never be able to convince them otherwise without stopping pest control etc and making them watch as the entire ecosystem collapses in on itself.

Bahn-Jeaux
29th Oct 2005, 14:06
Anyone who shoots knows it's much more fun to blast the pesky varmints with both barrels!!!

Come come now Sir, Both barrels??

I am not fond of minced rabbit at all however stalk the tasty little blighters with an air rifle followed by the depositing of one pellet in the jolly old noggin et voila, 1 delicious roast ensues.

Ps I am serious although I dont speak like that really.

Lock n' Load
29th Oct 2005, 15:02
Duckbutt fails to grasp the laws of logic.
No, being a minority pastime does not make murdering 200+ patients evil and wrong. Being a murderous b*stard, taking the lives of human beings and abusing the trust of those he was entrusted with protecting make Shipman's murdering 200+ patients evil and wrong. He is rotting in Hell as we speak.

Thanks for bringing up an interesting point though. The world would be a much better place if all the people who leave their estates to the RSPCA and RSPB and if everyone who gives their time and money to PETA and anti-hunting organisations would instead give their time and money to organisations that help and protect fellow human beings. It'll never happen though, since most antis I've met are motivated less by a love of animals than a hatred of their fellow man.

Personally, I have no problem with vermin control (most of the shooting I've done has been for food , but that's beside the point) and foxhunting (never done it, but again that's beside the point). I did however give up 2 out of every 3 Monday's for 3 years to help with my local Riding for the Disabled Association group when I lived in southern Scotland, and I sponser a young lad in India through the Christian Childrens' Fund of Canada. Both activites seem much more useful to me than setting up a stall by a shopping centre to drum up membership for some anti-hunting organisation. The main requisites for such people seem to be aversions to fun and shampoo.

Paterbrat
29th Oct 2005, 15:36
I suppose one might just pass a comment that having seen what packs of city kids do for sport, the rabbits in the fields could be a relief from thumping up old grannies and robbing pensioners, quite apart from the bog standard normal behaviour of smashing car windows torching them and trashing neighborhoods.

Dead_Heading
29th Oct 2005, 16:01
LnL, helped raise 3k for my RDA group last year, fantastic stuff :ok: great laugh

I shoot for vermin and food, meself, but I've never been foxhunting as I gave up riding for financial/back injury problems.

I'd far rather a kid was out in the countryside chasing a few rabbits than terrorizing neighbours etc in towns.

Standard Noise
29th Oct 2005, 16:13
Bahn-Jeaux - I'm out of practice my man, sometimes I need to use both barrels!
And no, it's not a double barrelled air rifle.:ok:

Dead_Heading
29th Oct 2005, 16:17
Full choke on a bunny-instant casserole :E

ORAC
29th Oct 2005, 16:34
Reinventing that old pastime of rabbiting. Not banned because it is so popular up north with labour supporters - hence not being banned - though they tend to use whippets and the like.....

Paterbrat
29th Oct 2005, 16:45
Ahhhhhh but you see they aren't on horses, and wear red jackets you see, so it's OK. :D However... we could see the rise of the RASBO :p

You want it when?
30th Oct 2005, 07:57
This doesn't seem as cruel as sticking a hook into a fish and then dragging it from the water. I supose rabbiting and fishing are not cruel because too many people enjoy the sport.

Lock n' Load
30th Oct 2005, 08:11
You think this is a question of cruelty??? Animals die; fact of life, so to speak. The biggest single cause of death for wild animals in the UK is predation by the domestic cat, beloved by animal rights activists everywhere.
If you want to talk about popularity, fishing wins every time. It is the Labour field sport. The arguments in favour of and against hunting have nothing to do with the welfare of the animals involved. It is all to do with social engineering. The Burns enquiry found that hunting with hounds was the most favourable method of fox control in upland areas from the point of view of fox welfare, and the second most favourable in lowland areas (way ahead of shooting with a shotgun, trapping and gassing, none of which have been banned).
If you want to make a point, make a valid one rather than some ill-informed, knee-jerk crap abput popularity. If you ever watch a weasil killing a rabbit, you'lll never complain about hunting or fishing again,