PDA

View Full Version : Level 2 cadet flight test

Puchatek
29th Oct 2005, 02:24
G'day all,

zulubravo beat me to it in the other forum so rather than hijack his thread I thought I'd post one in this forum...........

I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on what to expect when it comes to the cadet flight test. Like zulubravo, I too have heard some pretty interesting stories about the day and would love to hear from anyone who is in the know or done the test in recent years as to what it was really like.

History has shown that most cadet threads get few replies but if anyone can pass on even the tiniest bit of info / advice via a post or PM I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks.
Puchatek.:)

namate
30th Oct 2005, 06:02
Format: Everything is the same as a CPL test. Know your fuel and endurance as you will get asked.
Testing Officers: There are currently two blokes who arent employed by QF who do the testing. They are not too bad, make you feel pretty bad at the end of the flight but be honest when they ask how you think you went and he will give very constructive criticism. They dont intentionally try to be bastards they just sit quietly for most of the flight
Time: Goes for at least 3 hours
Pre-test Questions: Quite tricky especially the weather related questions. Know about density height and performance stuff.

Very similar to a CPL test but dont need to give a pax briefing. Be professional and confident and you should be fine.

Hope this helps!

Seco
31st Oct 2005, 05:15
any chance we can get the responses out here for us all to see? I too am interested in what goes on

Puchatek
1st Nov 2005, 07:29
namate, really appreciate the responses!

Thanks

:ok: