PDA

View Full Version : BOURNEMOUTH

Pages : [1] 2

FLYboh
28th Oct 2005, 22:07
BOURNEMOUTH

Dorset County Council have published their transport plans for the next few years on their website www.dorset.gov.uk They include a direct road link from the A338 dual carriage way to the airport. A roundabout at the present road junction with the airport road from Hurn to Parley, and they also back plans for a new terminal.

Now all we need is some detailed plans from the airport.

On other news;

Thomas Cook will now also be flying to Crete in summer 2006 bringing their routes to four.

Continental is rumoured to be in discussions about a New York route operating via Bristol. Would think that if this starts the new terminal would have to be built first.

Air Berlin flights are moving from SOU to BOH in decemeber.

U2 also start daily GVA in december.

3rd TOM 737 to base by end of March with new routes to be announced soon.

2006 is shaping up to be another great year for BOH with the strong possibility of braking through the 1.5 million PAX mark. Not bad when you consider that BOH was bumbling along at around 300,000 for a good few years.:ok:

airhumberside
29th Oct 2005, 17:56
What airline will operate the Crete flights?

Pilot Pete
29th Oct 2005, 20:27
Thomas Cook will now also be flying to Crete in summer 2006 I'd hazard a wild guess that Thomas Cook would be doing it.......;)

PP

BOH
30th Oct 2005, 18:32
PP,
Thomas Cook aren't operating their own flights, they dont have a based aircraft, I think he was refering to who will operate for Thomas Cook!:hmm:

eurostar builder
30th Oct 2005, 18:44
There will be Roadworks on the road from Bournemouth Airport terminal towards Hurn village from November 7th for two weeks.

Not sure what they are doing but hopefully be an inprovment.

MARKEYD
31st Oct 2005, 15:10
A brief resume of current charter flights for this winter and next summer

Winter 2005 / 6

Thomsonfly Boeing 767 300 to Barbados , New York , Dubai , Montego Bay , Acapulco

Palmair based 737 various routes

Astraeus 737 700 to Luxor , Paphos

Lauda Air 737 400 to Innsbruck

European 737 various routes

Thomsonfly 737 300 to Lanzarote , Tenerife , Lyon ( plus there scheduled services )

Summer 2006

Futura 737 400 Palma Sat

Iberoworld A320 Palma Sat new route

EuroCypria 737 800 Larnaca Sun

Pegasus 737 800 Bodrum Mon new route

Spanair A320 Tenerife Tue

EuroCypria 737 800 Heraklion Fri new route

Palmair / European 737 based

Thomsonfly should be making the rest of there summer 2006 programme public soon and hopefully we will have a 3rd based aircraft here !
Next big decision must be the terminal which is begining to creak a bit at peak times as does the car park ! all good news though

FLYboh
31st Oct 2005, 16:40
In one of last weeks Daily Echos was a two page spread on BOH and its growth and future. The MD of BOH was quoted as saying that they are going to announce their plans mid December onwards re access and new terminal. :ok:

ezyBoh
4th Nov 2005, 21:34
When and why did Jet2 stop flying the BFS-BOH-BFS route?

Let's hope they put a replacement service on soon.

FLYboh
5th Nov 2005, 08:30
The Belfast service stopped last weekend due to poor loads. The CAA stats explain why and the best month was August when 58% of the seats sold, but they had to keep the seat price down quite a bit.

On a more positive note, Air Berlin have put Padderborn on sale through to the end of October 2006 and Easyjets route to Geneva appears to be doing well, so hopefully they will continue the route through the summer.

eurostar builder
5th Nov 2005, 11:09
Re Air Berlin

They are also advertising Bournemouth to Palma too

(Via Paderbourne) but still cheap.

Re Jet2
There was no other plans for Jet2 , although they should have started Bournemouth - Manchester before they changed the route Belfast.

Re European / Ozjet
They aquired a Ryanair 737 this week to be sent out for Ozjet.

A 747 is arriving today for a Flight out to Palma / Johannesburg with passengers.

BOHEuropean
5th Nov 2005, 13:17
Hi

The Boeing 737-200 thats been sold to European is EI-CJG, Apperently this will be for spares and she is currently sat in European's hangar.

European Boeing 747-200 G-BDXE arrived today at about 13.20 with the titles "The South African altech GP 2005" and will depart tommorow (Sunday) at about 15.00 to Palma.

Boeing 737-200 EI-CJC (Hertz) is apperently going to be coming to Bournemouth for European when she is retired from Ryanair operations.

Jimmi
BOHEuropean

shamrock7seal
8th Nov 2005, 08:49
air berlin have more domestic summer 2006 plans for Bournemouth including Glasgow International, Edinburgh and Manchester. They also want to start direct Palma flights from next summer.

BOH
8th Nov 2005, 15:13
plans for Bournemouth including Glasgow International, Edinburgh and Manchester

I cant see Glasgow or Edinburgh working, Ryanair has got both of those well covered really, surely you cant fill a B737 to both of these?I hope for manchester though!

direct Palma flights from next summer

Don't see why they would even bother, the route is just going to have a huge amount excess Capacity!

Where'd you get this from anyway?Do you know anything about Easyjet plans?

Cheers BOH

phil_2405
8th Nov 2005, 20:33
I thought the Air Berlin UK domestic flights were principally going to be used/marketed as feeder services to STN-Germany services? This doesn't seem to fit with domestic services into BOH although I believe Air Berlin do plan to launch more routes out of BOH besides PAD.

I would think its unlikely they would launch flights to GLA with the Ryanair competition to PIK. Flights to MAN and EDI could work, esp MAN.

Any ideas on further German destinations?

Gaza
9th Nov 2005, 12:15
I cant see Glasgow or Edinburgh working, Ryanair has got both of those well covered really, surely you cant fill a B737 to both of these?

To get from PIK to Edinburgh City Centre takes:-

at least a 1.5 hour by car (with added car hire costs) or;
at least 2 hours by train with at least one change and a trek between Glasgow Central and Queen Street

OTOH Edinburgh City Centre is around 15 minutes by taxi from EDI. As a frequnt (leisure) traveller between Bournemouth and Edinburgh I almost always take BA or BE from SOU to EDI. The only time I have taken FR was when the fares were so low it was laughable. Add to that that we needed a car while in Edinburgh then PIK made sense.

BA and BE fly a lot of people between SOU and EDI. So long as any carrier who starts a service to EDI offers a twice daily rotation with sensible times that will also suit business travellers, then I think they will be on to a winner.

shamrock7seal
9th Nov 2005, 13:40
can assure people about air berlin plans but as for easyjet i don't know. have heard rumours about them wanting to come in with four aircraft and 1 million passengers due to the success of the GVA flights

Continental may be wanting to throw Bournemouth into the Bristol leg in order to boost pax numbers. Can anyone vouch for the latter. BRS-JFK has gone down to 5 weekly for the winter.

james170969
9th Nov 2005, 14:05
To get from PIK to Edinburgh City Centre takes:-

at least a 1.5 hour by car (with added car hire costs) or;

at least 2 hours by train with at least one change and a trek between Glasgow Central and Queen Street

There are also two routes from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh - via Shotts (which I believe serves every town in along the route and takes ages and the London King's Cross train which operates via Carstairs and takes around an hour. I use both Prestwick and Glasgow several times per year and I can't help but notice the amount of passengers at Prestwick from Edinburgh and even as far away as Dundee going to Stansted among other places. Personally if I lived on the east coast I'd rather fly from an airport nearer to home unless it was going to be a lot more expensive to do so.

touch&go
9th Nov 2005, 15:36
Will the terminal get another cash machine? :O :O :O :O :O

FLYboh
9th Nov 2005, 15:38
Or lets hope the cash machine gets another terminal!:ok:

airhumberside
9th Nov 2005, 20:25
Continental may be wanting to throw Bournemouth into the Bristol leg in order to boost pax numbers. Can anyone vouch for the latter. BRS-JFK has gone down to 5 weekly for the winter.
CO fly BRS-EWR, not BRS-JFK

GrahamK
10th Nov 2005, 09:18
flyGlobespan launching a daily EDI-BOH flight from March 2006

MerchantVenturer
10th Nov 2005, 11:10

I wonder where these rumours come from. A few weeks ago someone suggested that CO were to switch their BRS-EWR (not JFK) service to CWL-EWR, and back in the summer there was a concerted campaign against the route on another well-known aviation forum.

In August the load factor on BRS-EWR was 83% and in September it was 80% (CAA Stats). In fact, in both those months more pax were carried than on the CO BFS-EWR, a route that started around the same time as BRS-EWR last May.

I posted on the Bristol thread earlier this week that I had spoken to the BRS managing director at an airport roadshow and asked him how the EWR route was performing. He was candid in that he said initially they failed to attract the US market but that he thought the fares had been too high at the beginning. They have been revised with the resulting higher take-up of seats and he feels that on occasions the fares may now be even too low.

The route was always intended to go to five a week in winter. BFS has gone to five as well, and the EDI route that started in summer 2004 and had exceptionally high loads form the outset still went down to five a week in its first winter.

CO were looking to carry 75,000 pax in their first year on the BRS-EWR and thus far are well on course to achieve that, if not better it.

I know that yields are more important than loads but the Bristol MD seemed very confident about the route and very pleased with its performance and, perhaps more importantly, he said Continental are too.

Sorry to have strayed a bit into BRS territory but a question was asked and all I can do is supply the 'evidence' so that people can make up their own minds as to the likelihood of the BRS-EWR being extended to include BOH.

MARKEYD
10th Nov 2005, 13:08
Good news about the new Edinburgh route !! lets hope its well marketed and sells better than the Belfast route did , although it has to be said a smaller aircraft on that route may well have helped it stay as loads were not to bad towards the end

Busy on the ramp this morning with 2 Thomsonfly 767 300 off to Montego Bay with cruise passengers , extra demand for this holiday promted an extra flight . 8 flights this winter to the Caribbean alone , not bad at all for a small regional airport

shamrock7seal
12th Nov 2005, 11:02
BFS was pretty good compared to EUJet loads at Manston. BFS should really be able to support a daily Dash 8-300 operation. Perfect operator would be air southwest.

great news about flyglobespan - hopefully the route will support a two daily operation if they use B737-600's but cant see more than daily if they use the -800.

JFK would make sense but only if it originated in bristol and flew straioght from BOH - there are no payload penalties in bad / hot weather from BOH

phil_2405
30th Nov 2005, 22:17
easyJet summer 06 flights are now on sale for Geneva. Flights to BOH are only available until 23/04/06 so I guess they aren't going to operate it yr round?

Nakata77
1st Dec 2005, 11:16
i dont think this is any indication of poor performance though because the new Geneva routes to Doncaster Sheffield and Edinburgh are also stopping (as advertised) on 23rd/24th April 06. Besides, Geneva tends to be quite week in the summer from all UK airports. I would'nt worry. I'm sure they will be considering further route development from Bournemouth, and will certainly be back for winter 06/07 to Geneva from there from feedback i've heard

BOHEuropean
1st Dec 2005, 18:10
You can book the Geneva flights through until sunday 23rd of
April - appernetly extended.

--

Also, it's the end of European 747-200 operations as all have
parked up.

BOHEurpean

Nakata77
2nd Dec 2005, 08:29
BOHEuropean, do you know whats happened to the Bournemouth movements log on airliners.net? I can't seem to find it, and it was great with all the pics and news of movements.... I think you were one of the most regular contributors...

BOHEuropean
3rd Dec 2005, 09:00
Hi,

It was decided that we would not continue it due to the fact that not enough Bournemouth members were on the site.

ezyBoh
5th Dec 2005, 02:26
A lot of GVA flights are seasonal obviously to take advantage of the skiing season. Bookings on the BOH-GVA-BOH are very good. Plans are being considered to perhaps base aircraft at BOH for the Summer season to the 'normal' Summer destinations.

Hopefully BOH will become a year round easyJet destination.

Nakata77
5th Dec 2005, 10:29
But the question is, which summer are you refering to? It would be great for BOH if it was summer 06, but what about the slots and the crucial launch period? if they dont launch now bookings wont be as strong as they could be as people will book with flybe/elsewhere.

are easyjet bothered about competition from TOM/FR?

FLYboh
8th Dec 2005, 16:09
Thomsonfly have added 3 morning flights to their Amsterdam route which makes it possible to have a good 10 hours in the city on a monday, tuesday (from 27/03) and friday (from 05/05).

Looking forward to the rest of their summer schedule which hopefully be loaded pretty soon.:ok:

phil_2405
8th Dec 2005, 22:34
Good news for TOM :ok: Paris isn't available yet is it although it is from COV/DSA? :confused: As you say, hopefully the full schedule will be released soon. Is it definite that BOH will have 3 based aircraft?

easyJet start operating the GVA route next week as well :ok:

FLYboh
9th Dec 2005, 14:17
If you look at the timetables in April it will take 3 aircraft to operate the flights.

I don't know why they're taking so long to release their schedule though. Maybe its slots or something holding them up.

eurostar builder
10th Dec 2005, 06:31
Great News for Amsterdam.

Air Berlin start in 7 days.

Just been looking around the airport but supprised not to see any signs / leaflets or advertising for Easyjey or Air Berlin.

There are empty Billboard holders in the Arrivals hall and Jet2 banners / signs still on show.

Looking forward to seeing Easy jet Swiss start soon after.

Best of Luck but please advertise these flights then you may get some passengers.

Nakata77
12th Dec 2005, 08:41
thats the marketing department for you! haven't a clue!

eurostar builder
12th Dec 2005, 17:35
Nakata this seems very true.

The airport does not even have their Airport Newspapers in the Arrivals hall where meeters and greeters wait.

There are at least 5 advert boards in there all BLANK.

Brochures for Bournemouth on the wall that no body sees as arriving passengers are walking away from them.

Comment Card box on wall - Good idea but there has been No Cards to write on for AT LEAST 2 MONTHS and see some people wrote on Servettes and scrap paper to complain.

Coke machine not been working since it was installed.

But....

Did hear Easy jet on the local radio today, not sure what they where advertising as I missed it.

Its a real shame to mention this but I hope that somebody does read this and do some action.

QWERTY9
12th Dec 2005, 17:35
If either of the Easyjet or Air Berlin flights are successful it certainley won't be down to BOH airport or the Airline marketing departments. I occasionally visit the airport, but would not have known anything about these flights if it had not been for overhearing a conversation in the WC !!!

I can't personally recall seeing/hearing anything official to suggest that Easy or Air Berlin will be flying from the airport. In fact just three hundred yards away from where I work is a bus stop billboard advertising Easyjet flights from BRISTOL !!!

Local media include up to 5 local radio stations including the BBC, a daily newspaper and numerous weekly publications covering the local area. I may be wrong, but i don't think I've ever seen/heard anything in any of these apart from Ryan Air advertisements.

I do hope for the local economy that all these flights will be a success.

phil_2405
12th Dec 2005, 17:45
Does the airport actually manage the advertising boards at the airport? I know at other airports, 3rd parties are responsible.

Also, I'm guessing its not particularly cost effective to advertise loads when you only have one daily route into an airport.

I agree with the points made by others but just wanted to try balance the argument up!

Nakata77
13th Dec 2005, 13:30
i would like to second that... unless they realise that they need to do some hard graft to get bums on seats it will be a dissappointing 2006

loveJet
13th Dec 2005, 13:38
Shamrock7seal, here here - you really hit the nail on the head on this one. i'm sick of seeing billboards for easyJet advertising flights to Geneva from Bristol and not Bournemouth in BOURNEMOUTH!

FLYboh
13th Dec 2005, 15:46
I certainly don't agree with stopping the Wave 105fm advertising which by the way advertises both the easy and air berlin flights. Power fm is very hard to get along the south coast here and wave is the most listened to radio station in the south. Wave is also listened to by the right age group, as far as I'm aware power is mainly aimed at teenagers!

On the other hand the airport advertising boards around the perimeter of the field are still pushing the Jet2 Belfast route that ended in October.

Bournemouth airport very rarely advertise in the local papers and seem to leave it up to the airlines to organise their own campaigns.

Maybe this will be manchesters next improvement for BOH.

BOHEuropean
13th Dec 2005, 16:45
Easyjet is advertised on 2CRFM the local Radio Station, you can even have the chance to win flights with them last week.

Also Air Berlin and Easyjet are both on the front cover of SkyBourne news which is in the entrance to the Airport...

I remember Thomsonfly advertising their routes alot on the TV, don't see why these two can't!!

MerchantVenturer
13th Dec 2005, 17:19
I remember Thomsonfly advertising their routes alot on the TV, don't see why these two can't!!

I can never remember easyJet advertising their routes from Bristol on local television in the Bristol area.

They did use the buses a lot, indeed a couple of years ago it seemed every Bristol bus was carrying adverts for either easyJet or Flybe.

BOH
14th Dec 2005, 13:26
I've seen a few Wilts and Dorset Buses with Easyjet advertising Bournemouth as of late, if I'm not mistaken they were to do with Bournemouth!?I know that about a month back there was advertising on the London Underground for Easyjet from Bournemouth and Bristol on the trains and on station platforms, so there is advertising, just in the wrong areas! 2CR would be the best option for advertising around the local Dorset Area, it must be the most listened to radio around here?!

BOHEuropean
14th Dec 2005, 16:54
2CR would be the best option for advertising

As I said in my earlier post, they are advertising on 2CRFM, You could win return tickets on the station last week, and you could also win a ski holiday with easyjet flights (2 seperate prizes)

jabird
14th Dec 2005, 17:49
I know that about a month back there was advertising on the London Underground for Easyjet from Bournemouth and Bristol on the trains and on station platforms, so there is advertising, just in the wrong areas!

If such ads are in stations near Waterloo or Paddington respectively, there might be some sense in appealing to people who commute into London, but would rather take the family from their local airport.

FLYboh
15th Dec 2005, 17:35
Thomson holidays have just launched Ibiza as a summer destination from BOH for 2006.

The departure is at 6.55am so will be operated by Thomsonfly and maybe this will be one of the new destinations they introduce.

shamrock7seal
16th Dec 2005, 11:28
not even a press release on the website about the first ever easyJet flight. what is going on? do bournemouth think they are too big now to mention things like this?????

FLYboh
16th Dec 2005, 12:00
shamrock7seal, I feel you're getting a little too carried away with things. There is a press release in the news section regarding the new route to Geneva. The route was announced back in August and has sold very well so space needs to be given over to other routes. The Edinburgh route was the last to be announced so they take the prime hompage slot.:ok:

shamrock7seal
16th Dec 2005, 13:50
ok, forgive me but i can't help being over enthusiatic about my little local airport - and its big news to see the first ever easyJet flight. BOH and easy were in talks (on and off) for over 8 years to secure some kind of service.

loveJet
19th Dec 2005, 09:14
can anyone tell me what kind of passenger loads easyJet and air berlin have been getting on their new Bournemouth services?

FLYboh
19th Dec 2005, 15:57
Easyjet are doing well. The first 10 outward flights have less than 40 seats left to book, with many around 20 seats left unsold so most outward flights for the 1st 2 weeks have had over 135PAX onboard. But will it continue...... hope so.

ForestFlyer
19th Dec 2005, 18:03
Closed tonight due to an AGL issue I gather (from NOTAM's)... anyone know any more? Serious or not?

BOH
19th Dec 2005, 18:41
Whats and AGL issue?!

shamrock7seal
20th Dec 2005, 08:35
Aircraft Ground Landing incident? i dunno...

FlyBoh, thanx for the reply on a DSA post re TOM cutting flights for summer 2006 from both BOH AND DSA. You mentioned that for the flights already announced, TOM needs 3 based aircraft to operate them from BOH.

How is this possible, since only 33 weekly departures = 11 weekly departures per aircraft. thats a hell of a lot of down time. you said TOM are going to announce more routes... when?! all the passengers will be booking up with Flybe by the time TOM actually releases the remainder of the programme...

are they using the Titan 737 too?

10 DME ARC
20th Dec 2005, 08:54
AGL - Normally stands for Aerodrome Ground Lighting?

tribekey
20th Dec 2005, 11:16
there was an electrical fault on the approach lighting system (the main junction boxes/controls of which are in the tower building)which led to a smell of burning and a precautionary evacuation of atc. the airfield lighting had to be notamed as unserviceable until the fault was checked, hence the airfield efectively being closed for about 45mins from about five o clock.

no passenger flights were effected,any subsequent diversions/cancellations were due to the fact that when the airport re-opened the visibility had dropped to about 300m

FLYboh
20th Dec 2005, 15:33
shamrock7seal,

There are 3 flights on mondays that clash in April departing and arriving BOH as follows

Faro dep 10.15 arr 16.10
Alicante dep 13.00 arr 18.25
Lyon dep 13.30 arr 17.40

This requires 3 seperate aircraft.

Also if you take into consideration the charter flights that they will carryout on behalf of Thomson Holidays for summer 2006 then there are days that 3 aircraft will be needed too.

Thomsonfly have put on sale the destinations that FLybe serve in competition with them already. Malaga, Palma, Alicante & Faro. Amsterdam was added a week or so ago with the rest to follow.

Just as there website says..........

'Look out for more Summer 2006 destinations coming soon.'

Trislander
20th Dec 2005, 17:36
Flights could be operated as a 'W' route where the a/c is based in Coventry, say, then operates 4 sectors ie COV-ALC-BOH-ALC-COV. Many airlines do this.

T=

FLYboh
20th Dec 2005, 19:15
Unless they change the flight times all flights start and finish at BOH so this wouldn't fit in with the W pattern flights. I know that the friday BOH-PMI flights goes elsewhere before returning to BOH throughout summer 2006. Can't wait for the rest of their schedule.

Get a move on Thomsonfly!

Nakata77
21st Dec 2005, 09:07
do you have an incling as to where they might be flying? any newe destinations? im sure they will bring Pisa back, but whether its at the same frequency, I doubt. Would be good to see Prague and Ibiza.

FLYboh
22nd Dec 2005, 15:44
This was posted on the AOG website in October 05

These are exciting times for Bournemouth Airport, which is part of the Manchester Airports Group – co-host of this year’s AOA Annual Conference & Exhibition. Throughput has doubled this year and, with capacity to be reached in 2006, significant expansion plans are being explored. Managing director Peter Duffy outlined developments.
Duffy said: “We are anticipating just short of one million passengers this year – around 970,000. We handled 450,000 passengers last year. It was virtually an overnight change, as a result of the introduction on Thomsonfly.com with eight new destinations.”

Understandably, throughput isn’t expected to double again next year, although Duffy does forecast a significant increase to 1.2 million in 2006. “That will be the trigger for increased capacity. Capacity will be stretched at 1.2 million; we will need terminal and infrastructure expansion,” said Duffy. “We have done all we can do in terms of the existing terminal. We are now looking at new build and redevelopment. We are looking at the best means of achieving capacity, but it’s a little early to say what form that will take – whether or not a new terminal will be necessary.”

The first phase of expansion, which is likely to increase capacity to 1.75-1.8 million, will begin next year. It is then anticipated that phased growth will lead to a capacity of three million – throughput is expected to reach that level by 2015. According to Duffy, passenger numbers could reach anything up to six million in the long term. Bournemouth is currently undertaking a master planning process for the period to 2030, but is also looking at developments in the more immediate term.

The airport certainly has the land to accommodate future growth. Duffy said: “One of the great benefits of the airport is the 80 hectares of land, so it is not constrained in terms of land ownership.”

Throughput doubling this year has already necessitated £3 million of investment in terminal improvements. Developments, both landside and airside, have focused largely on retail and food and beverage. For example, there is a WHSmith’s and O’Brien’s Sandwich Bar landside and Food Village and Bars des Voyageurs airside, as well as an improved duty/tax free shop.

The immigration hall has also increased in size and a second baggage carousel been installed in the arrivals hall. Duffy said: “We have added 450 car park spaces recently and there is the possibility of another 300 next summer.”

LCC growth
Thomsonfly has already flown more than 240,000 passengers so far this year and taken 340,000 bookings in total for 2005.
Thomsonfly.com marketing director Maria Heckel said: “Since we started flying from Bournemouth in March we have had great feedback from our customers. The bookings speak for themselves – showing the success of Thomsonfly.com and the demand for the service we’re providing. This information enables us to tailor the service and operation in to the future.”

Unsurprisingly, Bournemouth’s thriving tourist industry – more than three million visitors per year – means the airport predominantly handles tourist traffic. Duffy did, however, express a desire to attract more business travellers.

The number of language schools in Bournemouth also contributes to throughput. “I’m told that there are 50,000 language students in Bournemouth – they are part and parcel of our customer base,” said Duffy.

Bournemouth’s growth is primarily related to low-cost carriers, which now account for 80% of services. easyJet will launch a Geneva service in December, which Duffy described as “very significant”. While the airline hasn’t indicated any further services from Bournemouth, Duffy reported strong bookings for the Geneva route.

I am assuming this is a news article. Please quote your source. Thanks Hawk

Trislander
22nd Dec 2005, 19:26
Can't you type? :p

QWERTY9
22nd Dec 2005, 20:07
According to the rumour mill BOH has apparently lost one of it's TOM services - Paris will not be a summer destination !!!

Can anyone positively confirm this ?

phil_2405
22nd Dec 2005, 20:22
I believe Paris has been performing quite badly since it switched to Orly.:confused:

PPRuNe Pop
23rd Dec 2005, 07:26
FLYboh

I think what someone is telling you - unhelpfully - is that you have some settings in your browser that are in need of re-setting.

Where you are using ( " ) you are getting - I can't replicate them! - symbols including a euro sign.

PPP

NCLRULES
29th Dec 2005, 10:04
Can anyone tell me why BOH - Palma is listed as a destination on the air berlin route map, and Palma - Bournemouth isn't?

FLYboh
29th Dec 2005, 11:32
The flight to Palma is a connection via Paderborn and the flight times do not allow for a return connection on the same day.

Rockhopper have planned a launch date of 14/02 for the Isle of Man route using their new 19 seater J31's. They will initially start with a weekday only service. Details are on the Bournemouth airport website.

shamrock7seal
3rd Jan 2006, 09:48
to add to my earlier post under 'thomsonfly' BOH will be down in passenger numbers by 5-6% over 2006/07 on current schedules. This is despite the new services by Air Berlin, Rockhopper, easyJet and Flyglobespan.

Ryanair should be enticed to serve Murcia, Pisa and Venice - that will plug the gap nicely and give Bournemouth some healthy increases over the current 2005/06

aeulad
11th Jan 2006, 16:41
Bournemouth to Edinburgh has disappeared completely from flyglobespan. The route hadn't even started! Was sure this was going to be a success. I am surprised Thomsonfly hadn't already started on the route before the GSM announcement.

Regards

Mike

MARKEYD
11th Jan 2006, 17:11
Yep i am really surprised to see that one cancelled even before it got going , what Bournemouth needs is someone like FLYBE with a much smaller aircraft to operate to some of these domestic routes
There is still a demand for places like Belfast ok the load factor each day was about 65 but with a samller plane that would be ideal
Edinburgh and Glasgow also achieved good loads when Euroscott operated an ATR72 a few years back just unfortunate they were not funded enough
With Southampton so nearby operating a good network of reliable srvices on there domestic routes its increasingly unlikely Bournemouth will get a look in and complement these routes unless someone prehaps Rockhopper with there new Jetsreams might be prepared to give it a go , fingers crossed

shamrock7seal
12th Jan 2006, 10:08
MARKEYD

i agree with some of your comments, however i think that what Bournemouth needs is a far more agressive low-fare airline which will undercut flybe by a big margin - the only way you can do that is by flooding the market with massive capacity and super-low fares. If Glasgow can operate profitably Edinburgh WILL. if BOH can't make EDI work then it brings into doubt many other routes.

hate to say it BOH marketing, but told you so.

airhumberside
19th Jan 2006, 18:23
Nothing to do with the Palmair operation is it?

Do Titan have any mail flights to BOH?

airhumberside
19th Jan 2006, 19:51
Perhaps they just want to use the aircraft on ad-hoc charters during the daytime?

phil_2405
19th Jan 2006, 21:39
Do Titan have any mail flights to BOH?

Titan operate most nights of the week on EMA-BOH route.

Nakata77
20th Jan 2006, 08:54
well it's either replacing a thomsonfly aircraft cos it seems too late to be a third a/c for the airline, or it could be related to Palmair.

Passengers will be down 10-15% now that flyglobespan have pulled out, Rockhopper have shelved plans for IOM and no new services seem to be in the pipeline.

It is essential that the momentum of expansion is maintained otherwise the success will go to Southampton and fuel BAA's drive for expanding it.

superspur
1st Feb 2006, 19:03
Has anybody any ideas on the new routes operating from BOH this summer

More info, seems FR expanding in June,Sep,Jan07. Still nonews on the routes or timings

FLYboh
1st Feb 2006, 19:52
Thomsonfly have finally put PISA on sale from BOH for summer 2006 all though they have dropped from 5 X weekly to 2 X weekly. Flights depart every tuesday and saturday.

Rockhopper, soon to be renamed Blue Island, are taking delivery of 5 J31's. Does anyone know if any of the new routes will involve BOH?

phil_2405
1st Feb 2006, 20:45
Is the full Thomsonfly schedule available now then? I presume the base is remaining at 2 aircraft :confused:

Scimitar
1st Feb 2006, 21:14
Don't know about FR but have a look at ThomsonFly's website. They are expanding out of BOH.

shamrock7seal
2nd Feb 2006, 08:28
FR want to expand from BOH but are limted by the airport... i reckon the next new services will be to Murcia and Rome.

Inidcations are that this will happen in the near future (autumn 2006) as BOH has had several set-backs with Jet2, Flyglobespan and Rockhopper (now Blue Island) and the airport want to boost pax no's.

If Ryanair had the chance, they would base 2 or 3 aircraft at Bournemouth without hesitation.

shamrock7seal
2nd Feb 2006, 08:35
it barely fills a two aircraft base, but i doubt at this stage that they will announce further destinations: around 34 departures a week.

Thomsonfly are more charter than low-cost now and pose no threat to Ryanair or easyJet. Maybe this is a model that has more sustainability than other low-costs (Air Berlin is similar).

FLYboh
2nd Feb 2006, 12:19
shamrock7seal,
Why would BOH want to limit the number of FR routes? Surely BOH would make money from the extra 200,000 passengers that 2 x daily routes would bring in annually. Rome and Murcia would be great though. Hope this comes off. :ok:

Buster the Bear
2nd Feb 2006, 13:15
Airport operators make very little from Ryanair, hundreds of thousand extra passengers may not necessarily mean a pro rata increase in profits. Airports that have Ryanair, have to think imaginatively about making those passengers spend money whilst at the airport. Ryanair are a nice addition, but not at any cost. They are also quite capable of walking away from airports they operate from.

QWERTY9
2nd Feb 2006, 16:50
Having flown with ThomsonFly 3 times in the past month I'd say they'd be more inclined to remove an aircraft rather than add another. Ok, so it was midweek, it's winter, but the loads were very poor.

On the other hand, i've also used easyjet to Geneva and i was pleasantly surprised by the numbers.

Outbound on a Wednesday = 90-100 pax
Inbound on a Sunday = 134 pax

Here's hoping for more !!

BOHEuropean
3rd Feb 2006, 16:14
European is taking delivery of two MD82's later this month, out of a total of 5 - these aircraft are to replace the Boeing 737-200's.
Jimmi

shamrock7seal
8th Feb 2006, 12:14
Ryanair have launched Bournemouth - Pisa flights for summer 2006.

Flights arrive into Pisa at 23:25, so me thinks the yields might be quite low - however at least fares will be much lower than those offered by Thomsonfly - and FR have a better frequency.

FLYboh
8th Feb 2006, 14:19
Well if TOM continue with their flights it will be possible to go see the tower for the day, as TOM's flight is early and gets in around 10 am allowing you about 9 hours in Pisa.

RAT 5
8th Feb 2006, 14:29
Always thought it an odd business decision, when FR bought Buzz, not to continue in BOH. All the advertising had been done for them, the tickets had been sold, they had the a/c and the handling agents were all geared up. The whole operation was ready to roll and they binned it. Now they are trying to catch up with the opposition. Odd! It would make a good base IMHO.

loveJet
8th Feb 2006, 14:53
It seems like Thomsonfly have taken Pisa off the Bournemouth database - no surprise there after Ryanair have announced thier plans for the service. At least Ryanair will offer it year-round.

FLYboh
8th Feb 2006, 18:00
Thomsonfly are still selling the Pisa route at the moment. Just checked at 7pm and you can book tuesday or saturdays throughout the summer.

phil_2405
8th Feb 2006, 21:52
BOH-PSA doesn't seem to be in the Thomsonfly booking system now :confused:

phil_2405
8th Feb 2006, 21:54
Any chance of more Ryanair flights from BOH? It seems they have definitely done a deal with the whole Manchester Airport Group, we have seen the following launched recently:

New base at NEMA - 10 new routes
HUY-DUB
MAN-SNN
BOH-PSA

loveJet
9th Feb 2006, 08:26
if i had to put money on it, i reckon Ryanair will want to launch:

BOH-Rome CIA (daily)
BOH-Milan BGY (5 weekly)
BOH-Stockholm ARL (5 weekly)
BOH-Shannon SNN (3 wkly)
BOH-Murcia MJV (daily)
BOH-Bergerac EGC (3 wkly)

However, Michael Cawley seemed to mention that 4 routes was all BOH was getting for this year anyway...

RYANAIR ANNOUNCES NEW ROUTE FROM BOURNEMOUTH TO PISA
FARES FROM £3.99*

Ryanair, Europe’s No. 1 low fares airline, today (Wednesday, 8th February 2006) announced a new route from Bournemouth to Pisa, the Gateway to Tuscany. The new service starts 8th June and will operate 3 times weekly on Tuesday, Thursdays & Saturdays. This new route comes in addition to 3 existing Ryanair routes to Dublin, Glasgow and Barcelona and will result in 40,000 additional passengers at Bournemouth p.a.

Announcing this new route in Bournemouth today, Ryanair’s Deputy CEO and COO Michael Cawley said:

“Over the next year Ryanair will operate 4 routes at Bournemouth, delivering 325,000 passengers and sustaining 325 jobs in the local economy. Passengers from Bournemouth will now be able to enjoy the lowest fares in Europe to explore Pisa, Florence and the Tuscan countryside.

“To celebrate this new route Ryanair is launching 10,000 seats for £9.99 on all routes from Bournemouth. These seats are available from tomorrow, Thursday 9th February on at

Route Time Weekday
Bournemouth - Pisa 2010 - 2325 - 2 - 4 - 6 -
Pisa - Bournemouth 1830 – 1945 - 2 - 4 - 6 -

*One way ex taxes

BOH
9th Feb 2006, 08:58
Ive just been on there and im able to book Pisa flights still!

52 North
9th Feb 2006, 09:15
phil

Did you change the dates first or just look at the dropdown list for BOH? Thomsonfly appear to be the only lo-co that do not show all their destinations in the drop-down lists from the outset. You need to select the date and then the destination appears...I had the same problem when trying to book CVT-PSA, at first it looks as if they don't fly there. Personally I think they must be losing some bookings because of this.

52N

BOH
9th Feb 2006, 09:16
yeh i changed the dates to the 8th of July and it was still available at £39.99

flyLCC
9th Feb 2006, 10:16
Sorry, but which aircraft are used for the BOH-PSA route when the 2 aircraft based in Pisa are busy for the London & Dublin routes?

flyLCC
9th Feb 2006, 12:18
Change London evening flight

-2-4-6- STN-PSA-STN + PSA-BOH-PSA
1-3-5-7 PSA-STN-PSA

FLYboh
9th Feb 2006, 12:20
This is taken from the Daily Echo. FR plan to open a new route every year and eventually want a base at BOH.:ok:

BUDGET airline Ryanair expects to add at least one new destination every year to its Bournemouth services after revealing that it is to fly to Pisa from the town.

Flights to the Tuscan city will begin on June 8, with fares starting at £3.49 one-way plus taxes and charges, rising to around £20.

Michael Cawley, chief operating officer and deputy chief executive of Ryanair, told the Daily Echo it was "onwards and upwards" for the company - and that Ryanair could establish a permanent base at Hurn.

"We're very pleased about this new route from Bournemouth, which consolidates our excellent and growing relationship with the airport," he said.

"Not only is it going to provide people in the Bournemouth area with the facility to get the cheapest fares to Tuscany but also bring thousands of Italians in. In our experience, Italians love coming to Britain."

He added: "We've chosen Bournemouth because it's been very successful with us on our existing routes."

Ryanair currently flies from Bournemouth to Dublin, Glasgow Prestwick and Barcelona Girona, and expects the Pisa route to bring another 40,000 passengers to the airport in its first year.

The company says it is on course to see 325,000 passengers pass through Bournemouth this year.

Mr Cawley added: "This is a reflection of our ambitions for Bournemouth. I would be surprised if we don't have a new route every year over the next four or five years and hopefully consider it as a base."

Dublin-based Ryanair this week announced a rise in profits to 36.8 million euros - around £25 million - compared with 34.8 million euros the previous year. But it said rising fuel costs were a "drag on profitability".

Mr Cawley said: "Fuel has gone up by something like 40 per cent in the last 12 months and about 100 per cent in the last two years."

Ryanair expects to carry 42 million passengers in the next financial year, compared with just under 35 million this year.

Pisa Airport

Pisa Airport is often used to reach Genoa, Leghorn and Florence.

Pisa itself is best known for its leaning tower, built between 1173 and 1350, which owes its tilt to the fact that the soil under it started collapsing shortly after building began.

The tower is found at the Campo dei Miracoli, or "field of miracles", which is also home to the city's cathedral and baptistery, as well as dozens of souvenir stalls.

Other attractions include the Piazza dei Cavallieri, a charming square which was once the centre of medieval Pisa and may have been the site of the city's Roman forum; and the Chiesa della Spina, a church described as Pisa's best example of Gothic fancy.

First published: February 9, 2006

King Pong
11th Feb 2006, 18:02
I see that the Virgin Atlantic Global Flyer landed at Bournemouth today

261A
15th Feb 2006, 12:30
Any Bournemouth ATCOs online? I am looking for a visit or work experience :confused: :)

Also, anyone got any pics of Bournemouth Tower?

Cheers

Feel free to PM

Nakata77
15th Feb 2006, 15:05
...check out airliners.net or jetphotos.net for pics of Bournemouth and the tower.

great news about Ryanair at Bournemouth, just hope this doesn't scare off airlines considering commencing operations in the future on routes where a possible Ryanair service would be able to undercut. Perhaps this is Michael Cawleys way of pressuring the airport to accept his terms and to prevent BOH being blocked by other carriers?

BOHEuropean
1st Apr 2006, 20:02
G-CEAJ of Ozjet is back in Bournemouth after the Airline announced they would be pulling out of the Scheduled market in Australia.
Two ex-Westjet Boeing 737-200's have arrived for spares for European. These are N749AP & N752AP.
A ex- Qantas BaE146 N9070L has arrived for European also.
G-CEAC has come back from Maintence and is now operating for Palmair again.
Hope this Helps,
Jimmi

FLYboh
9th Apr 2006, 10:49
Thomsonfly have started to release their winter schedule and new for next winter is a twice weekly service to Gran Canaria. Operating on wednesdays and saturdays.

shamrock7seal
11th Apr 2006, 08:50
new easyJet base to be phased in at Bournemouth initially with 2 A319 aircraft. Flights will operate (from April 07) to Edinburgh, Paris CDG, Nice, Geneva (and from June 07) Venice, Milan, Murcia, Valencia, Palma, (and pencilled in as potentials for autumn 07 or spring 08) Almeria, Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Inverness, Newcastle

Routes to EDI and CDG are targeted to reach 12 flights weekly each by summer 2008.

Long-term, the airline hopes Bournemouth can accommodate up to 6 A319 aircraft and want to see the addition of Thomsonfly routes (AGP, FAO, AMS, SZG, PSA etc). EZY believe Tfly will not be sustainable, and see the Ryanair presence at BOH as complimentary to the market awareness of the airport.

This is from a reliable and an internal source

RobT100
11th Apr 2006, 08:54
New EZY services at BOH sound great news.

loveJet
11th Apr 2006, 09:05
i just hope the news is not damaging to easyjet's plans now it is in the public domain - another airline might step in before! Ryanair have plans for Stockholm (2007), Rome (2008), Shannon (2009), Milan (2010) and a full base by 2011. This should fit with the EZY plans quite well. Apart from Milan! So by 2015 the airport could be seeing 3m pax!

Gibsonflyer
11th Apr 2006, 12:50
Great news!
Though how long can it be before we get a Manchester flight?
Aren't AB looking to expand as well, now that they've more of a presence in the UK i.e. Belfast.
Is the rumour of Flybe coming to Bournemouth a load of cr*p, or is there some truth?
Looking forward to 2007!
G

BOHEuropean
11th Apr 2006, 12:51
AirBerlin could be Launching a Bournemouth>Manchester route at some time, though I don't know how likely this is.

It's rumoured Flybe will move a few flights down to Bournemouth from Southampton when they start recieving there New Embraer Jets, though once again I don't know how likely this will be.

BOHEuropean

Nakata77
11th Apr 2006, 13:46
I heard that Air Southwest are considering Manchester, Jersey, Paris CDG, Leeds and Newcastle from Bournemouth. But as for a date for launch, it remains to be seen. Largely depends on aircraft availability and stricking an appropriate deal at BOH.

As for Flybe I heard that they are considering some operations from BOH but not in place of SOU - just supplimenting some busy markets like BHD, EDI, JER and GCI.

Air Berlin will not add UK routes from BOH but may add Palma, Berlin, Munich and Hamburg. Paderborn is doing better at Bournemouth than it was at Southampton so they are confident more routes by AB will follow.

I could see BOH handling easily 3m by 2010 (maybe 4.5m by 2015)

WOWBOY
11th Apr 2006, 13:55
I heard that Air Southwest are considering Manchester, Jersey, Paris CDG, Leeds and Newcastle from Bournemouth. But as for a date for launch, it remains to be seen. Largely depends on aircraft availability and stricking an appropriate deal at BOH.

Hopefully they do laucnh these services!! :)

Surly they will do well!!

FLYboh
11th Apr 2006, 15:29
I would love to think that Easyjet had such confidence in BOH but BOH-NCL in a 156 seat A319?????

Ryanair can struggle to fill their 737's to DUB and PIK in the lean winter months and they really drop the price.

The Air Southwest plans sound good if they come off. Right size aircraft for those routes.

loveJet
11th Apr 2006, 15:36
is there any building work going on at BOH to extend new aprons or anything? i saw a picture which showed some kind of construction work going on. Can someone clarify. thanks.

exciting news about EZY if it comes to pass (and FR, WOW)

GBALU53
11th Apr 2006, 21:12
Who thought Bournemouth was past it.:ok:

With so much happening one would hope the authorities keep up with all the changers.:ok:

In some places they have been to slow to react and will lose out if not.:ok:

bohpilot
14th Apr 2006, 08:40
What is all the road works that are happening around the entrance road. Dont suppose this has anything to do with the infamous new terminal:}

BOHEuropean
14th Apr 2006, 12:10
The works near the terminal are nothing to do with the Airport what so ever.

bohpilot
14th Apr 2006, 14:02
thought it was too good to be true:{

LTNman
15th Apr 2006, 15:10
What has happened to Bournemouth’s pleasant terminal? I called in last week to find that the landside area around check-in has been reduced in size by half. The friendly outside viewing area at the back of the terminal has gone, as has the pleasant restaurant. Both the mezzanine floors above check-in, which used to provide additional seating have had their staircases removed and the floors have been abandoned so there is now virtually no seating. A grotty snack bar has been provided but looks like it can only seat 20 people.

The arrivals waiting area is even worse. Two portocabins have been glued together and plastic seating provided that must have come out of a works canteen. At the moment I can’t think of a worse UK terminal yet only a few years ago it was one of my favourites.

How does Bournemouth get away with its boundary fences? Most of the airport seems to have only a 4 ft wire mesh fence. One public road has a fence that consists of 2 strands of wire with 2 strands of barbed wire that I doubt is more than a 3ft off the ground, even a one legged midget would have no trouble getting over it

ForestFlyer
15th Apr 2006, 18:11
How does Bournemouth get away with its boundary fences? Most of the airport seems to have only a 4 ft wire mesh fence. One public road has a fence that consists of 2 strands of wire with 2 strands of barbed wire that I doubt is more than a 3ft off the ground, even a one legged midget would have no trouble getting over it
They don't actually have to have any fence at all, believe it or not. Access into a Restricted Zone of an airfield must be controlled and everything and everyone screened who passes into it, but often the runways and taxiways are in what's known as the Controlled Area (DfT speak) and it is down to the airport to decide what measures they take to permit people to access these... so, just like if you owned a field, it's up to you what measures you want to take to keep people out.

That's a very basic overview, there's a lot more to airport security than that, but it's basically true. Fences are not mandatory! Seems amazing, doesn't it? :\

Yankee
15th Apr 2006, 20:31
:( I’m sure LTNman releases that an Airport is for its passengers not spectators. As a past regular user of the old terminal facilities, as a viewer and local private pilot, I along with a few others also regret the necessary modifications, which HAD to be made. There is no way the terminal in its old layout would have been able to handle the increase in passenger though put. The old system with all the major catering facilities landside encouraged passengers to stay there until their flights were called which with even the then relatively small number of flights resulted in cues at the security check in desks. Rest assure LTNman that all the facilities of the old terminal are still there and more, but are all Airside for the use of flying customers not the spotters and OAP Sunday dinners.
The present set up encourages users to move from check in though security ASAP to airside thus avoiding long delays. Unfortunately it is just one of the small sacrifices that we have to make as the passenger numbers increase until a new terminal is built which hopefully will include good Landside viewing areas to see friends and family off and arrive

Yankee
15th Apr 2006, 20:45
Before anyone picks me up on it, no that wasn’t snooker players having their tools of their trade confiscated at the security desks just QUEUES of people:ooh:

LTNman
15th Apr 2006, 21:15
Bournemouth might have the longer runway but Southampton is in a different league for terminal facilities and passenger access. As a passenger I wouldn’t like to arrive before check-in opened if there were another 30 passengers also waiting for check-in to open. Anyway why has the upstairs seating area been closed off?

Anyone arriving at Bournemouth to pick someone up is faced with a waiting area that has to be worse than many third world airports of a similar size to Bournemouth. There is no excuse for providing grubby ex-canteen stackable chairs as a seating area and really can’t they do something with the area to take away that portocabin look.

FLYboh
16th Apr 2006, 13:28
'Anyway why has the upstairs seating area been closed off?'

Because if these had been left in then it would have reduced the available space for passengers checking in. Also now that passengers can check in at any desk queus are much reduced.

Re the Arrivals waiting area. Its much better than it used to be. It used to feel like you were in a garden shed with a little scratched plastic window to look through.

WOWBOY
16th Apr 2006, 14:11
Does anyone have an update on the EZY and WOW rumours?
Are they likely to happen?

GBALU53
18th Apr 2006, 21:00
Can any one confirm the Aurigny mail contract to and from Jersey as of next Monday will be operated by an ATR72 due to the GPO needing a larger capicity on the route??

If this is correct the capicity will double on this contract.

The last week or so the normal Shorts flight was backed uo by a Trislander so giving a capicity of about 5 ton between the aircraft.

Nakata77
19th Apr 2006, 08:22
I'm not sure about the specifics but Bournemouth has experienced huge growth in the cargo operations and tonnage this past year. January 2006 saw double the Jan 05 levels, and so the increase with Aurigny to an ATR-72 doesn't surprise me. The route used to be operated by Chan Ex using F27's, so the SH-360 doesn't meet the demand. ATR-72 is much more appropriate.

FLYboh
20th Apr 2006, 15:49
Thomsonfly have launched flights to Prague for this winter. They operate every wednesday, friday, sunday & monday.:ok:

loveJet
20th Apr 2006, 16:06
who are you? because if you work at the airport don't you think there should be some kind of advertising for the service!? It's listed for booking on TFly website, but as usual nothing promoting it on Bournemouth airport or Thomsonfly website...

FLYboh
20th Apr 2006, 16:36
The route hasn't been officially released yet. There's been a space made for the press release on the BOH website and I'm sure that TOM will post something on their site.
As to who I am.......????:cool:

QWERTY9
20th Apr 2006, 16:48
Prague has been on the T/FLY website for a couple of hours now !

01/11/06 - 23/03/07

MON - DEP BOH 1310 - ARR PRAGUE 1605 - DEP PRAGUE 1645 - ARR BOH 1750

WED/FRI/SUN DEP BOH 1130 - ARR PRAGUE 1425 - DEP PRAGUE 1505 - ARR BOH 1610

ryanair1
21st Apr 2006, 12:27
seems like the marketing dept want to copy the TFly press release and thats what we're waiting for - no imagination for themselves. more power to FR at BOH. we know u aint bothered to advertise our flights to PISA -- but Tfly wont be able to compete with us

Coasthugger
21st Apr 2006, 12:46
Tfly wont be able to compete with us
At BOH? Really?
Thomsonfly - more routes, more pax, more expansion in the last 5 years?

ryanair1
21st Apr 2006, 14:26
not on like for like routes

we kicked them off DUB at DSA

we will kick them off PSA at BOH

Coasthugger
21st Apr 2006, 15:59
not on like for like routes
we kicked them off DUB at DSA
we will kick them off PSA at BOH
I'm sure that's true - FR clearly have deeper pockets than Thomson.
What's sad is that FR's attitude, certainly where BOH is concerned, seems to focus more on frustrating other operators than actually developing routes.
On that note, many at BOH still remember Buzz, and many of them have no desire to fly Ryanair.

ryanair1
21st Apr 2006, 16:07
coasthugger, people surely aren't bitter for that long in England are they!?

besides - the buzz network was a mess - not just from BOH. we needed to close it down.

regional airports get greedy when 'fake & unsustainable' low cost carriers come in and pay more than us. then they (the airports) try to stop our expansion! we simply don't believe in paying airports when they are making money from public transport, car-parks and shops.

ask yourself who will be around in 25 years time... it wont be Jet2, it wont be bmibaby - but it will be Ryanair. then ask yourself which partner you want to do business with - if customers are important to you, you will opt for us.

and for airports like BOH, the future really is only Ryanair

WOWBOY
21st Apr 2006, 16:07
Does anyone have an update on the Air Southwest rumoured routes to Manchester, Jersey, Leeds/Bradford, Newcastle and Paris CDG?

Are they likly to work seeing as these routes are operated from SOU?

besides - the buzz network was a mess - not just from BOH. we needed to close it down.

regional airports get greedy when 'fake & unsustainable' low cost carriers come in and pay more than us. then they (the airports) try to stop our expansion! we simply don't believe in paying airports when they are making money from public transport, car-parks and shops.

ask yourself who will be around in 25 years time... it wont be Jet2, it wont be bmibaby - but it will be Ryanair. then ask yourself which partner you want to do business with - if customers are important to you, you will opt for us.

You are clearly very baised towards other LCC. I have to disagree with your comments.

Easyjet will also be around as long as ryanair, Jet2 are succeeding and so are many other LCC.

I personnally feel that Ryanair's policly of flying to airports away from the destination is stupid really as they would make more money flying to main airports!

For Example:

If i were to fly STN to Glasgow Prestwick if I did not know that PIK was around 30 miles away from Glasgow it's self I would have travelled to GLA as it is closer.

Even my mother knows that PIK is exteremly far from Glasgow and when going to see family if flights to GLA are full then she would not even consider PIK she would book EDI flights!

But I guess we all have are opinions :ok

Coasthugger
21st Apr 2006, 16:22

So when airports get offered more by other operators, they're 'greedy' - but when Ryanair offer less than other operators, that's good business sense?

And as regards your earlier comments on BOH marketing department - surely you're in FR marketing?! (You sure as hell aren't in FR complaints department - 'cos no-one is!:) )

FLYboh
21st Apr 2006, 16:48
Ryanair 1 - 'seems like the marketing dept want to copy the TFly press release and thats what we're waiting for - no imagination for themselves. more power to FR at BOH. we know u aint bothered to advertise our flights to PISA'
Bournemouth Airport DOES advertise the Ryanair route to Pisa via their sponsoring of the Wave 105FM weather reports. Wave is the most listened to radio station in this part of the country and broadcasts to the well populated East Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight areas.
I doubt that TOM will be pushed off the Pisa route as they are only flying twice a week, plus Thomsons use the flights for charter passengers as well. The timings on the FR flights are whats going to hold back your services.
If FR want to make BOH a base, then you would see more advertising of FR services from BOH. You have to support your main player.:ok:

LoCo Commotion
21st Apr 2006, 17:58

Are you for real mate? Have you ever spoken to an Irishman about the potato famine?

Let's hope not.... silly boy!

GBALU53
21st Apr 2006, 20:50
Nakata77

In reply to your increase some of it is due to change by the post office and the paper distrubutors.

The mail to the Channel Islands up until two years or so came from Gatwick as well as the papers.

This now comes from Bournemouth.

The reason for Aurigny putting an ATR72 on the mail run is due to a request by the GPO for an increase in capicity.

To clear up some points

Channel Express operated from Bournemouth to Jersey and Guernsey with the FK27 on the paper contract which Emerald now operate. The Channel Express FK27 returned to Bournemouth to operate the freight to Jersey which Air Contractors now operate.

So the only increase of freight to the Jersey at the moment is by Aurigny moving down from Gatwick and now putting on a bigger aircraft from the Shorts.:ok:

Groundloop
24th Apr 2006, 11:28
Can't see all that many people wanting to arrive at Pisa airport at 23.25 at night!

TFly's 11.55 much more civilised!

QWERTY9
24th Apr 2006, 15:41
All of Ryanair's BOH services are today advertised in the Bournemouth Daily Echo.

ryanair1
25th Apr 2006, 16:32
someone mentioned flight times

the point is not what we can do to the passenger volumes on competing services, but on what we can (and will) do to the passenger yield on those routes that compete with us - forcing the overpriced carrier to bow down

BOHEuropean
25th Apr 2006, 16:52
Do you not want to give any other airline a chance other than Ryanair? I believe that passengers should be given a choice of airlines to fly with, which also have better service and aircraft cabins than Ryanair does. Bournemouth airport doesn't want to be a one-airline airport, and I sure hope we never are!

ryanair1
2nd May 2006, 11:31
if we get our way all airports would be one-airline dependant - on us.

seriously though i doubt that would ever happen at BOH. there are lots of opportunities and enough business for a few carriers there (on services we would never consider)

Ryanair predicts BOH could be handling 3 or 4 million in a few years time - majority of which will be flying with us

GBALU53
2nd May 2006, 13:45
If all these LCC routes come off for Bournemouth it would be like turning the clock back 40 years or so for the numbers expected to depart and arrive.

Great for the Airport and all its worker lets hope it all work out.:ok: :ok:

ILS Repeater
2nd May 2006, 18:40
Today we spent most of the day without telephones (except mobiles) or internet facilities after some smart ar$e chopped through our ISDN line. It was like a return to the dark ages - very frustrating !

Heated calls to BOH authorities, but as yet no sign of a resolution !

Is this part of BOH Airport's plan to get Jet2 out berfore the end of the year ?

7006 fan
2nd May 2006, 18:54
ILS Repeater

I'd blame the boys at MADL rather than the Airport, the Airport makes you go up and down digging holes is nothing to do with them (could be BT I suppose they are worse than useless as well!

:ok:

BOH
4th May 2006, 17:21
I hear there was a 737 emerency landing today due to gear problems

...anyone have any more information?!!?

BOHEuropean
5th May 2006, 21:06
All I heared is that a Palmair 737-200 had to turn back to Bournemouth shortly after departure. Departed on it's flight later the same day.

Jimmi
BOHEuropean

Coasthugger
8th May 2006, 10:23
Is this part of BOH Airport's plan to get Jet2 out berfore the end of the year ?
Funny, I had the impression from Mr Meeson's recent comments that Jet2 were a Leeds-based airline and couldn't wait to get out of BOH. You can hardly expect preferential treatment from the airport in the circumstances...

FLYboh
9th May 2006, 15:20
10 YEARS OF RYANAIR AT BOURNEMOUTH

Ten years ago today (9th May) the champagne corks were popping as Ryanair launched its first route from Bournemouth Airport.

But a glance at the press release that was issued to mark the event shows just how much the airline industry has changed. The launch press release stated: “The airline will extend its low fares to the new route, and has pledged to make over 70% of all seats available at fares of £59 and £69 return.”

An advertisement in yesterday’s Daily Echo has the same flights priced at just £12.99 – less than 25% of the original price!

Following the successful launch of its daily service to Dublin in May 1996, Ryanair added a daily service to Frankfurt-Hahn in February 2002. In February 2003 the company introduced a daily service to Glasgow-Prestwick and later that year (October 2003) replaced the Frankfurt-Hahn route with a daily flight to Girona. Their fourth destination from Bournemouth starts early next month when they will be flying to Pisa three times a week.

Since its launch in May 1996, more than 1.5 million passengers have travelled on Ryanair’s Bournemouth routes.

Turning back to the launch press release it’s also clear just how much the airline has grown. In May 1996 Ryanair was operating a fleet of 11 Boeing 737 aircraft (130 seats) on a network of 13 scheduled routes between the UK and Ireland, together with a route between Glasgow and Stansted.

Today Ryanair operates 334 low fare routes across 23 countries. The airline has 15 European bases and operates an entire fleet of 107 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft (189 seats) with firm orders for a further 127 new aircraft, which will be delivered over the next 6 years. Ryanair currently employs a team of 2,700 people and will carry in excess of 40 million scheduled passengers this year.

Commenting on Ryanair’s 10th anniversary at Bournemouth Airport, Managing Director Peter Duffy said:

"We are delighted to have built up such a good working relationship with Ryanair over the past ten years, and everyone working at the airport is to be congratulated for making their operation at Bournemouth such a success. Low cost carriers, such as Ryanair, have dramatically changed the face of the aviation industry all of which is great news for those living in our region who now have easy access to a comprehensive selection of flights from their local airport."

XSBaggage
9th May 2006, 21:43
WOWBOY,

But what is the BOH catchment area? It doesnt really fit in with the FR model. Underused, yes, but not a secondary airport for a major city. And it is the only airport in the world I think with geraniums in the security area!

By the way, I can drive from PIK to centre of Glasgow in 30 mins staying within speed limit. EDI much longer.;)

XSB

Sky Wave
10th May 2006, 14:58
Flew through Bournemouth's overhead today and noticed that the 747's have had their wings clipped, well, more of a chop and remove really.

FLYboh
15th May 2006, 16:23
It's been posted on another forum that this months Airliner World reports that the Easyjet rumours are true and that if a deal is struck 2 A319's will be based at BOH from April 07. :ok:

BOHEuropean
15th May 2006, 16:28
The artical in Airlinerworld clearly states that easyjet is only Studying Bournemouth as a Possible base and is among up to 30 other airports which they are currently in discussion with.
In the artical, possible routes that may be launched are; Edinburgh, Geneva, Nice & Paris.
Jimmi

GBALU53
15th May 2006, 19:44
If an airline is at least showing an interest this must be a good thing if Easy Jet might base two buses lets hope it comes off.

On another subject in vue of the on going problems with Emerald and the possibilty of them not being able to get started who has been able to pick up all there work out of EGHH.

EarthOrbitor
17th May 2006, 10:40
air contractors, ATR-72, Titan Airways B733, Aurigny ATR-72 operate cargo services, and some extra ad-hoc airlines are called in when problems arise with the existing carriers such as Emerald

shamrock7seal
17th May 2006, 14:05
not sure about the emerald flights

glad to hear the easyJet rumour is actually not a rumour - and they are actively considering the airport as base potential (although 6 aircraft might be a little ambitious given the fact that Ryanair want to base aircraft too aswell as the already based Tfly jets)

I could imagine Tfly wanting to base a 3rd aircraft soon

phil_2405
17th May 2006, 14:08
I thought Ryanair would only potentially base aircraft in the longer term i.e. 2010 onwards maybe

BOHEuropean
17th May 2006, 14:34
phil_2405
They are to launch a new route each year and will then after a few years base a/some plane(s) here.

Yankee
26th May 2006, 20:22
I see Jet2 have been advertising in the local press for 737 eng’s and loaders based at BH. The loaders are for 40hrs a week starting 19:30 five days a week. Have Jet2 picked up any PO flights or are they about to start some PO flights. ?

Groundloop
30th May 2006, 08:53
They have also been advertisig for Operations staff. I thought all of that was moving up to LBA.

EarthOrbitor
30th May 2006, 08:57
think they might be taking over the Titan based B733 cargo / ITC / quick change operation. Titan are incredibly expensive, so Jet2 would be able to under-cut. Keeping a small satelite operation at BOH should be no problem - especially for those who do not wish to re-locate to LBA. Hopefully (never say never) this could encourage them to re-consider the viability of some scheduled routes from BOH - but if that doesn't happen there are far more airlines eager to start (watch this space in the next few months)

ILS Repeater
30th May 2006, 17:42
The Jet2 engineering department is staying at BOH (for the time being anyway) so the 737 B1 engineers will be based at BOH but no doubt working at LBA or MAN as required. The Ops jobs are all LBA based but while head office is still at BOH, thats where they are interviewing.
The loaders jobs are for work in the old Channel Express hangar loading the air Contractors aircraft (Jersey news papers etc.)

Hope this helps

ILS

WOWBOY
30th May 2006, 17:57
think they might be taking over the Titan based B733 cargo / ITC / quick change operation. Titan are incredibly expensive, so Jet2 would be able to under-cut. Keeping a small satelite operation at BOH should be no problem - especially for those who do not wish to re-locate to LBA. Hopefully (never say never) this could encourage them to re-consider the viability of some scheduled routes from BOH - but if that doesn't happen there are far more airlines eager to start (watch this space in the next few months)

Could this be related to the Easy jet and air southwest rumours?

EarthOrbitor
31st May 2006, 09:34
ILS repeater

Thanks for that - pretty confusing as to why Jet2 would want to maintain SOME presence at BOH. Must be costly to do so.

Rumours about EZY and WOW are just rumours - but watch this space for some concrete info soon.

FLYboh
4th Jun 2006, 10:01
Eart Orbitor - How soon is soon!

Airport will be publishing their Master Plan shortly. So we may finally get an idication as to when the new terminal will be built.

EarthOrbitor
4th Jun 2006, 18:59
Flyboh,

you tell me when the master-plan will be published and i'll tell you when a significant announcement is due... from one of the big 3 LCC

loveJet
5th Jun 2006, 08:43
website currently down - has been for 24 hours

FLYboh
5th Jun 2006, 15:33
EarthOrbitor,

Hmmmm, Well I can't help you out with a date for the master plan, but from your info I would wager that it's either Air Berlin or that the Flybe rumours might have a little more weight to them.

Of course thats assuming that I know who the three largest LCC's are! :)

phil_2405
5th Jun 2006, 16:05
website currently down - has been for 24 hours

Back up now :)

FLYboh
10th Jun 2006, 10:48
Reported in the local paper is that Ryanair hope to increase Pisa to daily in the future. Link to article below.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/latestnews/display.var.789374.0.ryanair_leans_towards_pisa.php

ILS Repeater
11th Jun 2006, 10:17
Posted by EarthOrbiter.... pretty confusing as to why Jet2 would want to maintain SOME presence at BOH. Must be costly to do so.

Might have something to do with the ex-Channex A300s working sub-contract for the Turks. but who knows ? Makes for a good rumor :ok:

ILS

Manston Airport
11th Jun 2006, 11:05
The artical in Airlinerworld clearly states that easyjet is only Studying Bournemouth as a Possible base and is among up to 30 other airports which they are currently in discussion with.
In the artical, possible routes that may be launched are; Edinburgh, Geneva, Nice & Paris.

Jimmi
Cool easyjet might base at BOH brilliant :D like visitng the airport when i stay down there at me nans at wimborne.

not sure about the emerald flights

glad to hear the easyJet rumour is actually not a rumour - and they are actively considering the airport as base potential (although 6 aircraft might be a little ambitious given the fact that Ryanair want to base aircraft too aswell as the already based Tfly jets)

I could imagine Tfly wanting to base a 3rd aircraft soon

Where do they base all the aircraft I only seem them parked on the Apron at night times do Tfly have a hanger BOH to keep there planes in?

James

BOH
11th Jun 2006, 23:37
"Where do they base all the aircraft I only seem them parked on the Apron at night times do Tfly have a hanger BOH to keep there planes in?"

...in the day the aircraft are being used with short turnarounds hence at nightime when they're not in use they're on the apron. Thomsonfly don't have a hangar at the airport.

...if you wanted to see them in the day late morning always seems a good time roughly, with some ryanairs and the easyjet in as well!I can remember it always geting a bit hectic!

Cheers
BOH

loveJet
12th Jun 2006, 09:06
...BASCO usually look after the TFly jets if they have some evening maintenance due or if any minor (or indeed major) engineering jobs need doing... can sometimes see the tail just peeping out of the hangar doors. BASCO seems to be doing incredibly well at the airport.

Groundloop
12th Jun 2006, 12:46
"with some ryanairs and the easyjet in as well!"

Wasn't the easy service winter only?

BOH
12th Jun 2006, 13:52
oh right...well it's not in the booking system so i guess so...i didn't realise that!

Manston Airport
12th Jun 2006, 22:53
BOH & loveJet

Thank you both for the information:8 :)

James

mary_hinge
13th Jun 2006, 14:22
Originally Posted by loveJet
...BASCO usually look after the TFly jets if they have some evening maintenance due or if any minor (or indeed major) engineering jobs need doing... can sometimes see the tail just peeping out of the hangar doors. BASCO seems to be doing incredibly well at the airport.
Have BASCO got their FAA repair station cert back yet?

BOHEuropean
13th Jun 2006, 15:39
Hi Mary_hinge,

Could you please give me some more information on this? I had wondered why we have zero planes in for BASCO at the moment.

Thanks,
Jimmi / BOHEuropean :eek:

ILS Repeater
13th Jun 2006, 15:47
You've got the Green-Tail XI, what more do you need ? Bound to find something from her 'C' checks to make it worth while !

ILS

mary_hinge
14th Jun 2006, 08:47
Bit more information here:

http://www.airmech.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5599

Other than that and the industry "Jungle Drums" I know no more :eek:

BOHEuropean
14th Jun 2006, 19:08
Have now heared that BASCO will be closeing perminantly by the end of the year...:sad:

BOHEuropean

loveJet
15th Jun 2006, 08:23
you're joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how come???????

this is terrible news... so Jet2 has left, European Air Charter is weakening, FRAviation is dwindling, BASCO is leaving, Channel Express has gone, what next!?

ILS Repeater
15th Jun 2006, 10:08
At least it will ease some of the traffic congestion around Hurn Bridge and Parley Lights mornings and evenings !

shamrock7seal
16th Jun 2006, 09:02
demolish the ugly hangars that house these secondary companies and earn some decent money from car-parking, petrol stations, hotels and and IKEA

Coasthugger
16th Jun 2006, 11:20
Build car parks and IKEA? You've obviously never driven down the winding, single-track access road that leads to the 'ugly hangars'. There's no way that's getting used for any alternative use until the relief road comes along... in 2014?...

mary_hinge
16th Jun 2006, 11:44
shamrock7seal,
how much do think the "ugly hangars" bring in cash wise to the local economy? Go on, have a stab at the figures and advise what companies you have included! :(

BOHEuropean
16th Jun 2006, 14:45
Apperently BASCO has just applied for 767 approval, and so this sounds as though the company is not closing down.

I'm not an insider and I'm only passing on what I've heared, so please don't shoot the messenger. Suppose we will have to wait and see what is happening here.

BOHEuropean

FLYboh
22nd Jun 2006, 14:51
Thomsonfly have announced a new weekly service to Grenoble this winter as well as loading Amsterdam into their system.

It will be interesting to see if the 9 or 10 flights a day from SOU this winter to AMS will cause any problems down the road here at BOH.

Thomsonfly are slightly cheaper than Flybe and of course you don't have to pay for any hold luggage, yet!:ok:

EarthOrbitor
23rd Jun 2006, 15:14
STOP PRESS: have just received news that Amsterdam will be served by Flybe from both Southampton and Exeter. (SOU now have 3 airlines on this sector). This means BOH is surrounded by airlines providing superior frequency on this service. Thomsonfly hardly operate a great schedule. Lets hope 3 airlines on SOU-AMS will encouorage KLM to make a decision on whether to go into BOH or SOU.

Nakata77
1st Jul 2006, 10:38
easyJet have re-loaded Bournemouth onto their route map. Hopefully this means something! Geneva has not yet been released for bookings... are they holding off for a bigger announcement? easyJet diverted into BOH the other day from Gatwick. Good to see the A319 here again - in summer.

FLYboh
6th Jul 2006, 14:34
Well finally we get to read the Masterplan. Basically BOH expects to hadle 4.5M pax by 2030 ( 1.8M by 2009/10 ). The terminal will be rebuilt in stages with modern facades used. Plan is to start next year with a new arrivals. Terminal will eventually be 3 x the current size. Car parks to double capacity and a possible new road link directly off the dual carriage way A338.
Link below for full 60 page PDF document. :ok:
http://www.flybournemouth.com/corporate-information/masterplan.php

BOHEuropean
6th Jul 2006, 16:32
Starting on 15th December right through to April 23rd, Easyjet return to Bournemouth for the Geneva route.

Flight will be as follows:

Mon - Fri 1055 1125
Sat 1040 1110
1630 1700
Sun 1355 1425

BOHEuropean

FLYboh
6th Jul 2006, 16:42
There are 2 flights on saturdays showing in the booking system. 2nd flight is early evening. Good to see that Easyjet have added a rotation, hopefully they will choose BOH as their new base. Fingers crossed.:ok:

The airport masterplan shows that BOH should be handling 1.8m pax by 2009/10, that equates to about 10 extra 737/A319 flights a day so there should be something happening soon. But who will it be??:confused:

EarthOrbitor
7th Jul 2006, 14:08
easyJet should be announcing their new base plans for Bournemouth later this year. Start proposed in spring 2007 to Nice, Edinburgh, Belfast, Berlin, Murcia and Paris. Geneva will continue through summer 2007 operated by Swiss subsidiary.

FLYboh
7th Jul 2006, 15:48
Any news of further expansion by either Thomsonfly and/or Ryanair from BOH??? Would be lovely to see a 3rd TOM on the apron. :)

WOWBOY
7th Jul 2006, 15:57
Now that the easyjet rumour looks like it may become a reality. The other rumored start up, I think it was Air Southwest, not sure, has gone quite quiet anyone have any info?
As one of their rumored routes was Paris, so i dont see them going in tomdirect competion with EZY!

With the possiblity of EZY creating a base in BOH do you think RYR will fight back?

loveJet
7th Jul 2006, 20:59
Well, Ryanair have already commited to one extra route a year from Bournemouth till about 2010/11, then they'll open a base. I don't think they will react if easyJet adds more routes in the immediate term - because Ryanair believes it's able to undercut them on any route if they wanted to. But Ryanair would most probably offer very different routes to that easyJet are proposing... so I see no real conflict of interest. Great news that easyJet are offering 8 weekly flights to GVA this winter - must have been a good route for them last year then.

I thought Air Southwest wanted to operate EDI, BHD and CDG from BOH. But if they don't because of the easyJet rumours then there is still Manchester, Newcastle, Jersey, Cork/Newquay and Leeds Bradford to consider. These routes woould be ideal for the Dash 8-300... a right little money spinner I reckon.

I think the masterplan is pretty conservative by the way. Only 13 aircraft stands (including 4 for cargo) are proposed. With Ryanair, easyJet and Tfly already accounting for maybe 6 or 7 planes by 2010 - I could see a bigger need for apron space by 2030! But I suppose it's better to be cautious and build more later I guess.

FLYboh
8th Jul 2006, 11:00
New route this winter to the Gambia:ok:

Info is on the Leeds Bradford website as the flight operates via there. Flights will be weekly on wednesdays from mid December till early March using Astraeus B737-700er.

Info is in their downloadable timetable.

Flysky
8th Jul 2006, 13:06
EarthOrbitor.
Please check your Personal Messages.

EarthOrbitor
8th Jul 2006, 18:02
Flysky, have done and responded.

Good news re Gambia... hope this will be well supported.

Nakata77
10th Jul 2006, 13:21
it really frustrates me how Bournemouth dont seem to announce new services when they get them with enthusiasm. is this new Gambia route really happening? Can people find out about GVA with easyJet on the home page?

FLYboh
12th Jul 2006, 15:45
http://www.flybournemouth.com/news/article.php?id=57&title=new-route-to-the-gambia&pageno=1

The above link takes you to the BOH airport site where they have now posted the details re the Gambia flights/holidays.

The Easyjet service to Geneva for some unknown reason hasn't been loaded onto the BOH airport site, although it is mentioned on the front page of the airport paper wich is available in the terminal now. :ok:

FLYboh
13th Jul 2006, 14:57
The Easyjet route to Geneva is now showing in the scheduled flights timetable section on the BOH website. At last, only took a week, maybe they'd gone on holiday.

Powerjet1
13th Jul 2006, 15:04
Bookable on easy's website now.

BOH
23rd Jul 2006, 21:59
Fatal airport crash investigated

Air accident investigators are trying to establish what caused a light aircraft to crash and burst into flames, killing two people on board.
The 40-year-old pilot and 60-year-old passenger died when their Yak-52 plane came down close to the runway at Bournemouth Airport on Saturday night.

The pair had been on a pleasure flight and were returning from Sandbanks.

Police said no other buildings or people were affected and the Dorset airport has remained open.

The crash happened in the north-east sector of Bournemouth Airport, where the business park and flying clubs are located.

'Tragic accident'

A spokesman for Dorset Police said all emergency services remained at the scene overnight, and the incident has now been handed over to the Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB).

Supt Lynn Hart, commander of the overnight operation, said: "This was a tragic accident, happening as it did at the end of a pleasure flight last night as it returned from the Sandbanks area.

"The aircraft crash scene was self contained and no other aircraft, people or airport buildings were affected."

Paul Knight, director of service delivery at Bournemouth International Airport, said: "All the management and staff at the airport are greatly saddened by last night's events.

"We regularly test the emergency plan to ensure we are prepared to deal with any incident and I would like to thank all of our staff who were involved for the way in which they dealt with this tragic incident."

- Sad news to hear indeed.

EarthOrbitor
24th Jul 2006, 08:58
a horrible event - thoughts with all the family and friends

Hawk
24th Jul 2006, 09:46
Condolences to the family and friends of the pilot and passenger, as well as management and staff at Bournemouth International Airport.

FLYboh
26th Jul 2006, 09:42
Ryanair have announced a new 3 x weekly Shannon service starting at the end of October.

Flights operate Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and are now in the booking system.

EarthOrbitor
28th Jul 2006, 10:43
The announcement will mean an additional 40,000 passengers through Bournemouth annually. I can't imagine the yield will be that strong, but it could be similar to BOH-PIK - lowish yield but very good volumes and sustainable

Coasthugger
28th Jul 2006, 14:22
The benefit for Bournemouth is that it's a 'closed' route for competition - i.e. no-one else is realistically going to take it on.

If other operators know that that's the extent of FR's expansion from Bournemouth in the short term they might be tempted to look at other routes.

Anyone got any idea how Tfly and FR are getting on with the Pisa route?

FLYboh
28th Jul 2006, 17:06
The FR Pisa route started in June and the figures for that month were 4,134 passengers from Bournemouth to Pisa which works out at 67% over all. I don't know how that breaks down for TOM or FR but the FR route has some really low prices available. Really easy to pick up £50 return on the route. However it's still early days and things will improve as more people use the route and spread the word etc.

FLYboh
29th Jul 2006, 19:59
The following link takes you to a posting on Airliners.net that states that EasyJet are starting a Milan Malpensa - Bournemouth route in January 2007. Does anyone know if this is correct???

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2887119/6/#ID2887119

Info on reply no.5

Fingers Crossed;)

OltonPete
29th Jul 2006, 20:10
Hi

It took about 3 seconds to find the first mistake!

Under Alitalia it listed BHX as a destination, which ceased back in
October 2005. The quoted source is wikipedia!

Unless AZ are on the way back to BHX (fat chance considering they
are reported to be pulling the MAN service), I think that this needs to be taken with a pinch of salt but you never know.

Easy MXP-GLA is also mentioned wef winter 06 as well?

Pete

groundhogbhx
29th Jul 2006, 21:44
Sorry to contradict you Pete, you can still fly to BHX with AZ - its a code share on the AF flights:ok:

OltonPete
29th Jul 2006, 23:35
groundhogbhx

On that basis the isn't the list still wrong as it should have all the code-
share destinations but I don't think it has ;)

Pete

EarthOrbitor
30th Jul 2006, 21:28
Ryanair achieved 78% LF on Pisa route in June, with Tfly achieving 60%.

easyJet will be announcing soon

shamrock7seal
31st Jul 2006, 11:32
do you know when the announcement will be? I heard Ryanair are thinking about Milan too but to Bergamo.

easyJet would be wise not to come into direct competition with Ryanair at Bournemouth. Just concentrate on routes that are not Ryanair bases, and they should be fine.

easyJet have a good list to think about: Nice, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Belfast, Berlin, Murcia, Madrid, Paris CDG without getting FR upset.

Charlie Roy
4th Aug 2006, 13:51
If you hover over Bournemouth, the route the Geneva isn't shown anymore.
Could they currently be editing it, about to all a whole load of new destinations from Bournemouth?

(Could also be because they added Geneva - Hamburg and Geneva - Prague today I think...)

FLYboh
4th Aug 2006, 16:45
Could be a good sign fingers crossed that we hear something soon. Exciting times!:D

phil_2405
15th Aug 2006, 20:32
Anyone heard anymore on potential new Ryanair/easyJet flights or a base at BOH?

BOH
21st Aug 2006, 11:14
"14.08.2006 The UK's third largest airline Thomsonfly has today announced the planned purchase of five new Boeing aircraft over as part of a series of investments and initiatives to increase the efficiency of its airline operation.

Two Boeing 737-300s will be new to the Thomsonfly fleet and the airline will also take delivery of three brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft direct from the airline manufacturer in the first quarter of next year..."

...chances of one coming to bournemouth?

phil_2405
21st Aug 2006, 20:11
Not very high I suspect:confused:

EarthOrbitor
28th Aug 2006, 09:48
Ryanair have been so impressed with the forward bookings for Shannon, that they have brought forward the route launch from 31st Oct to 26th Oct. More than 2,000 seats have already been sold, indicating that perhaps more frequency will be needed for the busier summer months.

FLYboh
28th Aug 2006, 10:06
That's great news about Shannon so fingers crossed for more rotations in the summer 07 schedule.

EarthOrbitor your post of 31st May 'Rumours about EZY and WOW are just rumours - but watch this space for some concrete info soon'. Has this announcement occurred yet?

Anyone got any info about rumoured routes other than those all ready listed above. Maybe Easy would link BOH to Madrid, would think 4 x weekly would work well to start with.

phil_2405
28th Aug 2006, 10:10
Maybe Easy would link BOH to Madrid, would think 4 x weekly would work well to start with.

or Ryanair maybe?

EarthOrbitor
29th Aug 2006, 09:16
FlyBOH

I had expected an announcement a lot earlier regarding EZY routes from BOH, but there appears to be a delay. They have not yet released all their winter flights for sale yet, and I would expect an announcement once they do release the remaining network.

There are so many potentially lucrative routes that have yet to be served from BOH so it won't be too long till the next announcement.

loveJet
29th Aug 2006, 12:22
Air Berlin achieved an 81% average load factor on its Bournemouth - Paderborn route during July 06 (up from 61% when it operated from SOU the year before). This is thought to be encouraging the airline into considering further routes from Bournemouth - interestingly both domestic AND international.

daz211
29th Aug 2006, 12:44
I think air berlin are considering a few domestic routes but into
stansted as they have made stansted a transit base

loveJet
29th Aug 2006, 13:56
Bournemouth airport handled 94,663 pax during July 2006 up 5.1% on the previous July.

Ryanair achieved 88% load on Pisa, 85% on Girona, 84% on Dublin and 84% on Prestwick.

Thomsonfly achieved 91.5% on Malaga, 73% on Amsterdam, but only 63% on Pisa.

BOH
7th Sep 2006, 14:12
Bournemouth has had the Geneva route taken away again on the easyJet route map...does this mean its time for news on the base plans?

FLYboh
12th Sep 2006, 14:08
Does this news mean a 3rd aircraft?? If I'm reading this right it says that next summer we will have 5 x weekly service to Prague plus new flights to Valencia. I can't see them dropping any of the current summer routes or even rotations as they have performed really well this summer. The twice weekly service to Pisa looks as though its still going ahead as is the Paphos and Ibiza flights with Thomsons as these are still bookable on the website. Unfortunately they haven't loaded their booking system yet, so can't check timetables. Good news though:ok:

Advertisement Deleted ANNOUNCES ROUTES FOR SUMMER 07
Bournemouth holidaymakers can benefit from additional new low cost European routes next summer, thanks to expansion by Thomsonfly. The low fares airline has announced its summer 2007 network of high frequency flights which includes two brand new direct routes - to Prague and Valencia - from Bournemouth Airport.

Winter flights to Prague are already proving popular and it looks set to be a hot destination for next summer. Flights will operate five times a week.

Likewise the new direct route to Valencia will be popular with those South Coast travellers looking to visit Spain's third largest city during the important America's Cup year.

Thomsonfly's new summer 07 routes go on sale today (Tuesday 12 September). Additional new routes for summer 07 are expected be announced within the next couple of months.

EarthOrbitor
13th Sep 2006, 15:28
the re-intstatement of Valencia (not technically a new route) is good news - although at a lower frequency (3 per week) than in summer 2005 (5 per week) And the continuation of Prague at 5 flights per week in the summer 07 season is great news.

I really doubt Pisa will be run in 2007 - they will not be able to compete with Ryanair.

However this does not warrant an additional aircraft - the utilisation was not at maximum for the two aircraft based at BOH this summer, so the new frequencies will be squeezed into the existing fleet. It will mean more profitable operations if anything, so a good move.

FLYboh
13th Sep 2006, 16:31
Your quite right, after looking at the schedule they will be able to operate with just 2 aircraft.

Pisa should be OK as Thomson Holidays sell charters using the saturday flight to Tuscany, which will be the reason they've kept the flight going.

Its great that Valencia is back and Alicante is up to 6 flights a week with a second Alicante flight on a friday operated be a non BOH based aircraft.

Anyone know of any other new routes for 2007??

TOM hint at other routes to be announced, so hopefully Amsterdam will be back.

Manston Airport
13th Sep 2006, 17:32
Are Easyjet flying from BOH this Winter? and is it true that Ryanair next year are making BOH one off there base's (someone told me that but might be complet boll:mad: ks )

James

FLYboh
13th Sep 2006, 19:34
Yep, Easyjet will be operating 8 flights a week to BOH from GVA starting on the 15th December until the 23rd April. It is rumoured that Easyjet may continue the route through the summer as the bookings were so good last winter (hence the extra weekly flight). It is also rumoured that Easyjet may open a base at BOH, but who knows?

As for Ryanair. They have publicly stated that they will make BOH a base within the next 5 or 6 years. I imagine that this will occur once they have connected BOH with a few more of their existing bases. Currently they fly to BOH from 5 of their bases with 2 of these routes starting this year. :ok:

QWERTY9
13th Sep 2006, 20:37
Looking at the Ryanair timetable the other day I got the impression they were cutting back as the Gerona flight does not seem to be a daily service from March next year. Has it been cut back to allow the Shannon service ?

EarthOrbitor
14th Sep 2006, 09:21
The SNN service is being implemented by SNN based aircraft - SNN-LTN is being dropped and replaced with SNN-EDI/BOH 3 weekly each.

Ryanair are expanding their BOH operations continually because of the areas high yield passengers. Due for roll-out next year are Rome, Milan and Marseille. Further growth to other routes (not necessarily bases) will take place within the next 5 years.

Gerona is remaining at daily. The success if this route is strong - and the yield is more than satisfactory.

Manston Airport
14th Sep 2006, 12:09
FLYboh

Cool BOH is getting bigger with flights each year. Was there in August where Red Arrows where there and there where a lot off flights.And does AB fly to Palma?

Well done BOH :D

James

James

FLYboh
14th Sep 2006, 14:28
Air berlin only offer a connection to Palma from their Paderborn base. Paderborn is still 3 x weekly but the loads are higher than they were from SOU which may lead them to increase their flights from BOH.

Unless the TOM flight times change, the friday schedule in April would indicate the need for a 3rd aircraft as there are 3 flights in the air at the same time. ALC, AGP & TFS all operated by TOM.

Alicante TOM 3135 18:25 *** returns BOH 23.55
Faro TOM 2757 08:15 returns BOH 14.10
Malaga TOM 5987 17:45 *** returns BOH 23.50
Palma Mallorca TOM 2183 07:00 returns BOH 12.10
Prague TOM 4737 12:50 returns BOH 17.10
Tenerife South TOM 5023 13:50 *** returns BOH 23.20

Also as you can see from above, the six rotations that 2 aircraft can do are all available for booking, leaving no room for an Amsterdam flight. Just noticed that the PMI flight returns and then goes to Prague, but the FAO flight isn't back in time to operate the TFS flight. Hmmm!

FLYboh
14th Sep 2006, 16:34
EarthOrbitor,

Ryanair have said today that they will announce a new base and other routes within the next month. Maybe BOH will appear in these new plans.:ok:

Manston Airport
15th Sep 2006, 14:48
FLYboh

or Manston :D :ok:

See today that a Spanair landed
SpanairFlight Number3165Departure City (Airport)Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain (and Territories) (GCTS)Departure Time09/15/2006 09:00 AMArrival City (Airport)Bournemouth, England, Great Britain (EGHH)Arrival Time09/15/2006 01:56

James

loveJet
15th Sep 2006, 20:47
In regard to the comment about a TOM 3rd aircraft; I think it is more likely that on the odd day 3 aircraft are required (such as fridays in 07) Titan Airways will be contracted to operate the 3rd aircraft's rotations - using the based B737-300QC. Titan now have a full crew base at BOH and are often used when Tfly's aircraft have issues.

Manston Airport
15th Sep 2006, 22:03
loveJet

This Titan 737 is this the one with the yellow planet on it? never knew Titan had a plane based here no wonder why I saw one there in August everyday

James

FLYboh
19th Sep 2006, 16:00
BOH handled 98,317 passengers in August, an increase of 1% on last year. These are the provisional figures so should go up by a few 100 or so.:ok:

The Pisa routes carried 6,688 in total. Does anyone know the breakdown for FR and TOM. ;)