PDA

View Full Version : BA WW LGW Live virus?

star31
28th Oct 2005, 21:10
My course for BA has been changed from LHR shorthaul to WW LGW. Does anyone know the requirements for vaccinations, particularly "live virus" injections like yellow fever? This could be a problem for me.

Anti-ice
28th Oct 2005, 21:54
I'm pretty sure that yellow fever is the only mandatory vaccination, with any others being recommended......

Off Stand
28th Oct 2005, 22:19
Star, you will get all of the information on your course. If you have any worries or doubts, contact BAHS.

You will do some of your customer service training over at Waterworld, you can have a jab at BAHS during your lunch break whilst there.

PM me if you need anything, see you on line.

apaddyinuk
29th Oct 2005, 04:56
Iv only recently left LGW WW, We dont have any routes out of LGW which require vaccinations however the company insist on the Yellow Fever jab which BAHS will supply for free. It is suggested you get all the others at the same time as you could be called off standby for some african trips out of LHR from time to time! If there is a problem I suggest you contact your doctor immediately and advise BA!

star31
29th Oct 2005, 21:54
hi guys thanks for your replies. Anyone knows what I am on about can they send me a pm.

star.

Captain Airclues
29th Oct 2005, 22:27
star31

Before you are given the yellow fever vaccination you will be asked if you have any medical condition that would prevent you from having a 'live virus' injection. I strongly advise you to declare your condition as not to do so could be dangerous to your health.

Airclues

b747 flightboy
30th Oct 2005, 05:10
Star check your pms