PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to East Midlands?

Gnirren
28th Oct 2005, 20:37
I'm not sure how to get there, simple as that. Any tips on airlines that fly into there from a larger hub, like London?

hollywood285
28th Oct 2005, 20:45
its an hour on the train, save yourself the hassle

Troy McClure
29th Oct 2005, 10:57
Would be fine if there were a train station at E. Mids.

Check www.ryanair.com, www.bmibaby.com, www.easyjet.com.

Bmi baby fly direct to/from Paris CDG for example, so Air France, American, United etc. Miami - Paris, then Bmi baby to E. Mids?

michaelknight
29th Oct 2005, 11:49
I had to leave EMA once, so got a cab (5AM) to Nottingham and then the train to London, I think King's Cross St. Panchras. Took under 2 hours on the train.

So if you can go from A to B, I'm sure the reverse is possible. I do remember seeing a bus service from Nottingham to EMA.

It's all avail on www.google.com

MK

november.sierra
29th Oct 2005, 14:28
The easiest would be taking the train from London to Loughborough, from where there are regular bus services to EMA.

A38lephant
31st Oct 2005, 10:57
Don't think you can fly from London to Ema.Best option is the train, but book it early.Cost me Ģ106 last timrI trained it from London to Nottingham. And it was 1 1/2 hours late.

Cipri
1st Nov 2005, 10:46
depends how long you are planning to stay, if i am staying one day I usually rent a car, which is much more comfortable, and faster, which means I can catch a flight back home on the same day and that way save some time and money on accomodation. I once took a bus from EMA to LHR and apart from taking me 3 hours it costed me 30 pounds (one way). never again. you can arrange a small car for even 25 pounds, plus around 15 pounds of fuel for the round trip. and it will take you to drive from STN or LHR less than 2 hours if there isnīt much traffic, and that way you also have some wheels to get around EMA.

Kestrel_909
3rd Nov 2005, 22:38
If coming from Florida, would flying into Manchester and then a train/bus to Nottingham or NEMA be just as handy as London?

G-DANM
4th Nov 2005, 01:13
Flying into Manchester would make life easier as a train from Manchester to Loughborough (by far the easiest station to get to NEMA as it has regular buses, believe me I live there) would cost Ģ27 one way and takes 2 hours. From London St Pancras to Loughborough costs about the same and only takes about an 1 hour 30, however you have to travel from Heathrow to the other side of London to get to the station making it more time consuming and more expensive.

smith
4th Nov 2005, 20:03
How do I get to East Midlands?

In the words of Bill Shankley "Practice my boy, practice!"

FatboyTim
4th Nov 2005, 20:28
getting into manchester is probably simpler and, believe me, a much nicer and much more hassle-free experience than dealing with an airport the likes of heathrow!! Virgin fly from Orlando (intl i believe) and American Airlines operate a seasonal flight from Miami, not sure if this is the wrong season for the flight though. There are also numerous flights from Orlando Sanford but these are mainly charters. Manchester Airport has a large transport terminal and you can get a coach or a train from there.

Boomerang
18th Nov 2005, 15:07
Fly to Stansted with Ryanair, then hire a car through the RYR website. Cheaper than the train depending on how long you'll be away for.

Cruise Alt
22nd Nov 2005, 11:29
Try the bus: www.nationalexpress.com operate a good airport srevice.