PDA

View Full Version : Tran Sky in Nigeria

Gunship
28th Oct 2005, 11:26
A friend (irregular on PPRUNE) :E took a photo yesterday of a New Airliner on it's way to Nigeria apparently.

As it misses the engines (or I am really getting old) I can not make out for sure but looks like a pre-winglet 737.

Anybody interested - I will post it or mail it.

Cheers,

Gunsss

Rani
28th Oct 2005, 12:19
Yet another tokunbo, kabu kabu operator :S ?

Gunship
28th Oct 2005, 12:23
Dunno but I like the BIG SIGNAGE :ok:

African Tech Rep
28th Oct 2005, 12:26
Go on – post it

Just a note that you can buy all 737’s without winglets – ie the SAA ones (some of them) came without winglets and had them retrofitted but quite a few 738 operators have chosen not to have winglets.
You can even put winglets on 733’s if you want.
So really for it to be a “pre winglet 737” it’ll be a -200

Gunship
28th Oct 2005, 12:39
Sorry mate ... been a pilot for 27 odd years but distinguish between aircraft has never been my strong point (airliners).

Could be the new A380 - well maybe :E

Here goes :

http://image55.webshots.com/55/9/51/92/487895192EUGetm_ph.jpg

African Tech Rep
28th Oct 2005, 13:31
Even I have difficulty nowadays – and in my younger days I was on an aircraft recognition team.

Down here it’s easy 73 with winglets = 738, little engines = 732 etc but having winglets doesn’t mean it has to be a 738 and not having them doesn’t mean it isn’t a 738 – although small engines means it’s a 732 unless it’s one of the few 731’s and that’s unlikely.

For some reason your personal pic and the posted pic won’t show on my screen – could be Telkom f**king with my connection or your / Prunes end.
Don’t panic – I’m not holding my breath to see it – just thought I’d mention it

Oh – A380 has two decks – and isn’t on it’s way anywhere yet :E

Gunship
28th Oct 2005, 13:51
Howzat ?

PS: I was the Recce Officer the Sqn for a while - that was easy to recognise a SU 24 from a Puma ... but when it comes to airliners :E:E:E

African Tech Rep
28th Oct 2005, 17:13
Still no joy
(reminds me of a girl I knew once – called Joy – ahh – that was “no Joy tonight”) :O

I take it that was recognising a SU 24 when looking out of a Puma – not being able to tell a SU24 from a Puma. :E
I seem to remember that a SU24 looked a lot like a MIG 21 – never was sure why we needed to be SURE which one it was as where I was (UK) either one would have been bad news.

cavortingcheetah
29th Oct 2005, 10:02
:)

That really would be rather a coincidence if those funny fellows, MP and TW not to mention my favourite, JB, about whom a tale to tell, had conspired to resurrect Transkei Airways?
Very Christmasy!:p

Gunship
29th Oct 2005, 11:41
:confused: :confused: :confused: But mate ... how come I see the pictures (and I am in a Internet cafe ?)

Can anyone else see them ?

CC ... Tran Skei Airways :E :E

I.R.PIRATE
29th Oct 2005, 12:45
Nope, no can see gunss, try again mate

Gunship
29th Oct 2005, 12:51
Last try ... otherwise you will get it here: http://community.webshots.com/user/idoitmyway69

Cheers and pse advise :ok:

African Tech Rep
29th Oct 2005, 13:00
In that case it’s the first option in my earlier mail.
Now I have some confirmation it is me I’ve played a bit – what happens is the blue “connecting bar” stalls for a while and then I get red X’s where pics should be – I tried following the link the webshots and guess what – same thing. :*

It’s strange it only happens on some pages (ie pics in JB I can see) but then again I also can’t access hotmail (my wife uses this) – all that shows is a white page after the sign in.

When passing an Internet café I’ll try – though there’s not that many in Kempton – just have to remember if my password is four or five stars. :uhoh:

OK – maybe I’m being nasty about Telkom and I need a new nerd box – will find out soon if the $ keeps going north.:ok:

Now I read IR’s post – it may not be me.
(Delay in replying due to have to go outside and pick up pieces then reassemble computer)

Not sure I would have worded it “took this yesterday” (I’d have put a date in) – but still no pic – white box then message about yesterday then :-
Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.
:{

On “page 1” can see title pic for Ada, Party and Sabrata and in Ada can see 4 pics (eg Candice looks nice).

Of course the conspiracy theorist in me will wonder if this is just a way of getting more hits on your webshots page :E

More thoughts – The Claws pic of the Gripen opens in less time than I can take a drag (:oh: of my cigarette)

It’s hosted on Imageshack – maybe Webshots have a prob :confused:

Yak97
29th Oct 2005, 15:27
Looks like an 737-200.

The pictures of the stowaway are quite gory!!

Gunship
30th Oct 2005, 07:36
The pictures of the stowaway are quite gory!!

Sorry about that - that is the way he / she came out ... :bored: