PDA

View Full Version : Surprising Advertising

Lasiorhinus
28th Oct 2005, 00:44
PPRuNe surprised me today - splashed across the top of this forum lay a great banner ad advertising a non-aviation enterprise rather heavily associated with a certain vocal member of this forum.
Fair enough, he/she/etc paid for the advertising so the advertising is displayed, but I wonder how effective that particular ad would be on this particular forum.

jandakotpilot
28th Oct 2005, 02:55
It put me off going and buying a packet of Tim-Tims or should I say Dick-Heads matches!

J430
28th Oct 2005, 03:57
Lasiorhinus

You noticed it!

J:p

Lasiorhinus
29th Oct 2005, 16:26
What I meant was, that particular company advertising here really reinforces the connection between the company and the fellow who's face is on it.

I have, i confess, purchased items from a certain electronics supply shop with, co-incidentally, the same bloke's face on it, and have eaten, although not purchased, some of his food.
However given that I disagree with many of his comments on aviation, I find it hypocritical to buy his products. For me, at least, the ads serve as a reminder that peanut butter and airspace are connected, a reminder to me to buy Kraft/Arnotts/Kelloggs/etc.

Actually, yeah, it is pretty effective advertising, but not in the way he presumably intended.