PDA

View Full Version : Last meal; death row

colmac747
27th Oct 2005, 19:04
Another non-aviation topic from me:\ but what would your last meal be if you were a bad 'un and on death row?

:}

DeBurcs
27th Oct 2005, 19:11
Elephant balls on toast.

Heatseeker
27th Oct 2005, 19:29
Don't really care what it was as long as there was a bit of a pause between courses - say about 50 years.

H :E :E :E

Ozzy
27th Oct 2005, 19:31
I'd have one of Denny's Beer Barrel Pub massive burgers (http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/burger.htm) and a gallon of water to wash it down....

Ozzy

tony draper
27th Oct 2005, 20:12
Something low in colestoral of course, one must think of one's heart.
Incidently tiz a myth that peeps on Death Row in America can have anything they want for their last meal, there is a list of items they can choose from.
Also if one was due to have ones head publicly sawn off in Tehran, tiz doubtfull one could order pork chops.
:uhoh:

spud's on the job
27th Oct 2005, 20:29
probably an "All you can eat" buffet, and just keep on munching....

sprocket
27th Oct 2005, 20:34
Baked beans. A legacy will be left during my passing.

tilewood
27th Oct 2005, 20:37
Somehow I think I wouldn't be very hungry, so I would go for something light, like shrimp's tits on toast.

Jerricho
27th Oct 2005, 20:37
A couple of Koala burgers and a Pelican drumstick.

(Coz I is dumb)

Mr. Kobayashi
27th Oct 2005, 21:27
Might I just remind Mr. Colmac747 and Mr. Jerricho, that you both may have already had your last meals.

Saintsman
27th Oct 2005, 21:33
Is humble pie on the menu?

By the way, is it true that before they give you a lethal injection they use an anticeptic wipe first?

waddle
27th Oct 2005, 21:44
Corned beef, mashed potato and tinned tomatoes....reminds me of my childhood (we must have been poorer than I realised :O )

Darth Nigel
27th Oct 2005, 22:20
Interesting note from a recent documentary on "Death Row" (catchy name, that!).

They don't necessarily give you what you want for your last meal; you get to ask for what you want, and then the prison kitchen does its best. Apparently, most prisons won't even send out for fast food (lot of prisoners want one last Big Mac).

tilewood
27th Oct 2005, 22:53
Darth Nigel

Somehow I don't think McDonalds would be too happy if it became known that a slogan such as:-

' Big Mac, the choice of murderers !' was in general circulation. :eek:

kooyheier
27th Oct 2005, 23:19
How about this one than....

Big Mac.... It's to DIE for....

:cool:

MysticFlyer
27th Oct 2005, 23:28
Beans...... Human beans.....:}

G-CPTN
28th Oct 2005, 00:14
Can one elect for quick-acting poison to thwart the barstewards?
Maybe some contaminated shell-fish which would make death a welcome relief . . .

Kaptin M
28th Oct 2005, 00:23
Honey on crumpets.
Shaved, of course
http://guillaume.ironie.org/visuels/stones-tongue.jpg

Darth Nigel
28th Oct 2005, 01:03
Can one elect for quick-acting poison
No, indeed death row inmates are put on "suicide watch" so they don't manage to kill themselves first.

I'm not sure that makes a lot of sense to me (even with my HuggyFluffy liberal tendencies).

Atlas Shrugged
28th Oct 2005, 04:01
http://www.fosters.com.au/enjoy/images/img_vb.jpg

Shiny side down
28th Oct 2005, 06:05
Blow fish or whatever those crazy far easteners love to chance their lives with

MikeKnight
28th Oct 2005, 06:46
My defence lawyer's gonads.

angels
28th Oct 2005, 09:10
Here (http://www.rotten.com/library/death/execution/last-meals/) is list of some Texan last meals -- it makes interesting reading.

I know there's an official Texas website that lists all this, including forthcoming executions, mugshots, police records etc. A mate of mine used to monitor it closely because he's got a frienf of friend on death row.

He also told me about a guy who nearly managed to kill himself while on death row. The cops rushed him to hospital where they managed -- presumably at great expense to the local taxpayer -- to save his life.

They then had to get a court to rule that the guy was healthy enough to be executed.

For the record - I'm against the death penalty.

hollywood285
28th Oct 2005, 10:30
A cake with a hacksaw blade in it :O

tony draper
28th Oct 2005, 11:10
One is a tad puzzled at Mr Dunns request for "Diet" Cream Soda.
A lady survived being hung here in the 18 century,wonder if they asked for the last meal back or at least payment for same.
:uhoh:

Ozzy
28th Oct 2005, 12:57
No, indeed death row inmates are put on "suicide watch" so they don't manage to kill themselves first. And they use a alcohol swab on the skin where they insert the needle for lethal injection:uhoh:

angels The texas website showing death row last meals was taken down by the authorities some time ago, made interesting reading while it was up.

Ozzy

Wyler
28th Oct 2005, 13:06
A large current

Some well hung meat

A lethal cocktail

A couple of shots of something

MikeKnight
8th Nov 2005, 12:26
Just reviewed "rotten's" list of last meals:

dozen deep-fried shrimp
barbecued spare ribs
six well-burnt pieces of bacon
fried chicken
fried shrimp
hot dog

as the saying goes, you are what you eat

Grainger
8th Nov 2005, 12:44
One of those hundred-year-old eggs.

Prepared from fresh ingredients, of course :E

AeroSpark
9th Nov 2005, 20:17
The biggest, hottest, meanest curry possible, wasshed down with about 12 pints of Guiness.
Not for the nutritional value, more due to the mess that someone will have to clean up after my muscles have 'relaxed':yuk: :E