PDA

View Full Version : Mao

con-pilot
27th Oct 2005, 18:10
I must give a willing ‘tip of the hat’ to One World 22 for turning me on to the book “The Unknown Story of Mao”.

This book is must reading for anyone who is curious as how the world has become what it is today. I had done a little studying on China during the Mao years, but never really understood how truly evil Mao was until now.

One can only wonder if Mao and China will be replaced by KIM Jong II and North Korea in respect to nations and leaders who have murdered more of their own citizens.

Get this book and read it, you won’t believe that one man could kill this many of his own people.

Ps. OW I couldn’t get the book until this month, because it wasn’t published in the US until now, thanks again.

G-SCUD
27th Oct 2005, 21:31
Wow... I never knew Mono Amino Oxidase was such a [email protected] It’s Inhibiting. And it’s depressing me… (Jokes for medics…).

It’s the way I tell ‘em, so it is...

OneWorld22
27th Oct 2005, 21:40
No problemo Con. A fascinating book.

A liar, a murderer and as insane as Hitler. Like Hitler and Stain did not give a damn about his own people, they were all expendable. Did you see the bit where he causes the famine during the great leap forward? The President Liu Shao-Chi visits abd is applalled at the suffereing and stops it. Mao had his revenge though, Liu dies an agonizing death in captivity during the Cultural Revolution....

As I said, this book has caused conniptions in the CPC and of course is banned everywhere. But I picked it up no problem in Hong Kong which I suppose is a good sign.

What a scumbag though.

barit1
27th Oct 2005, 22:14
So, quantitatively, how does Mao rank v. Stalin? (I'm sure Hitler was a distant third...)

pigboat
27th Oct 2005, 22:24
One book credits Mao with the deaths of at least 70 million of his fellow countrymen. At the time, this equalled 10% of the Chinese population. That'd probably make him the #1 of the three.
Old lefties still wear his picture on their t-shirts, though.

OneWorld22
27th Oct 2005, 22:24
Well some state 40 Million for Mao. That's a combination of the murder of millions of his "enemies" and those that died because of famine. Now the famine had natural causes as well but was made significantly worse because of the great leap forward.

So the table would be:

Mao 40Million
Hitler 34M
Stalin 20M

If you look in per capita terms, it may be very different.

If you talk about the killing of unarmed cilvilans, then it would be....

Stalin 20M
Hitler 15M
Mao 10M

Pretty gruesome way to look at it I suppose but there it is....

Send Clowns
27th Oct 2005, 23:31
Watch "Farewell My Concubine". Story of two actors who play parts in a Chinese opera of that name, and their lives through the relevant periods in history. Great impression of what went on from an internal point of view. Look in world cinema section - it's in a Chinese dialect wih subtitles.

tinpis
28th Oct 2005, 00:50
I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
They only come up to your knees,
Yet they're always friendly, and they're ready to please.

I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
There's nine hundred million of them in the world today.
You'd better learn to like them; that's what I say.

I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
They come from a long way overseas,
But they're cute and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please.

I like Chinese food.
The waiters never are rude.
Think of the many things they've done to impress.
There's Maoism, Taoism, I Ching, and Chess.

So I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
I like their tiny little trees,
Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin, and yang-ese.

I like Chinese thought,
The wisdom that Confucious taught.
If Darwin is anything to shout about,
The Chinese will survive us all without any doubt.

So, I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
They only come up to your knees,
Yet they're wise and they're witty, and they're ready to please.

All together.

[verse in Chinese]
Wo ai zhongguo ren. (I like Chinese.)
Ni hao ma; ni hao ma; ni hao ma; zaijien! (How are you; how are you; how are you; goodbye!)

I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
Their food is guaranteed to please,
A fourteen, a seven, a nine, and lychees.

I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
I like their tiny little trees,
Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin, and yang-ese.

I like Chinese.
I like Chinese.
They only come up to your knees...

---------------

BombayDuck
28th Oct 2005, 04:52
good lord tinpis - if i'd been drinking water the guy sitting in front of me would've had a wet back right now!

:D