PDA

View Full Version : Aussie CPL to a JAA CPL

mastermark
27th Oct 2005, 15:09
Anyone know the requirement of our beloved CAA ,to convert from the CASA CPL( H) to a JAA CLP(H) .

M :O XXXX

BigMike
27th Oct 2005, 15:29
Yep, a lot of time and money. As the Europeans don't think anyone elses licences are up to there standard, you will have to do the theory all over again at an approved school (minimum number of hours study regardless of the fact you know it already), flight test, medical, and this will all cost you a lot of time and MONEY.
You will also find it very hard to get a straight answer out of the UK CAA who will keep refering you to LASORS instead of giving you a direct answer to your question.
Want to convert your type rating? Good luck. From what they tell me you need 500+ hours on type or you have to re-do it.
Welcome to Europe...

Pull2theDroop
27th Oct 2005, 18:23
I Agree with BigMike. I had the similar problem in 1988 when i was starting the Oz cplh, so i cancelled the oz course and did the CAA course instead then converted the UK ATPL H to CASA ATPL H which was a breaze just the 2 air law exams to do.

best of luck

Quick Release
27th Oct 2005, 20:37
Hey B.Mike you still in Europe? when you passing through here where all the sand is?