PDA

View Full Version : BA Executive Club

d192049d
27th Oct 2005, 07:20
Guys, can anybody tell me what the colours associated with this program mean to you guys in the cabin. For instance on a manifest my own category is "Silver - Saphire".

Thanks in advance

apaddyinuk
27th Oct 2005, 11:38
We treat everyone the same!!! :}

But seriously!!! Usually Prem, Gold, Silver (silver being the second lowest in rank and unfortunatly there can be dozens of you on any one flight) card holders tend to get their first choice in meal orders on Club and First and a few other little things like that. But to be honest there is very little that we can do in the air to show any further recognition, with most frequent flyer programmes its what occurs on the ground and with regard to ticketing that makes the difference. But that doesnt mean that when a cardholder uses their status as an excuse to argue and be rude to a crewmember that we accept it!

d192049d
27th Oct 2005, 11:46
Thanks "apaddyinuk" but what do the colours mean. I undestand the teir levels - Blue, Silver & Gold - but know that in addition a colour or gemstone sub-category is apended on the manifest.

The meaning of this was what I was after.

Thanks

ETOPS
27th Oct 2005, 12:21
The "gemstones" are Oneworld equivalent status's as you find in AA etc.

apaddyinuk
27th Oct 2005, 18:00
Oh sorry buddy, misunderstood your question!!!

As etops said, the colours represent the cards status within the ONEworld Alliance. Oneworld Ruby being the lowest status...BA does not have a Ruby level but other airlines such as Aer Lingus have. It is a basic offering. Then there is Oneworld Saphire which is your level follewed my Oneworld Emerald which is the highest level and would represent BA's Gold card (Premier status does not have a oneworld level but does get all the usual perks of an emerald card)!
So in context with your question, on the passenger information list which is provided to the crew before each departure, any passenger with a oneworld ff status will have either RUBY, SAPH or EMER next to their names (If they are BA Exec members they will also have their BA status on the pill) so that we know who are the BA and Oneworld airline FF customers!!! Its as simple as that!!! Hope that answers your question!

d192049d
29th Oct 2005, 06:46
Thanks all....and keep up the good service, it makes a difference