PDA

View Full Version : EAA Adelaide Base

Candypants
27th Oct 2005, 00:52
Can anyone confirm the rumors that EAA will be opening an ADL base early in the NewYear?

easternboy
28th Oct 2005, 01:02
Will it open before the Canberra, Darwin and Perth bases? LOL

wine o babe
28th Oct 2005, 11:18
sorry EAA do you mean Eastern Australia or someone else.

EAAFA
1st Nov 2005, 02:53
So much for laughing out loud! At last a rumour that has turned out to be true! Pity actually, because I was hoping we'd get some Adelaide overnights.:ugh:

Candypants
2nd Nov 2005, 00:06
Well yes it does seem to now be a little more than a rumor. Eastern is in deed looking for expressions of interest for both cabin crew and tech crew to relocate, either temporarily and permanantly to S.A. This surely will promote a number of new positions on the dash so look SA here we come! (pfff Eastern boy )

easternboy
2nd Nov 2005, 00:36
It was joke gezz you people - oh I forgot you cant joke around with eastern crew.

Anyway I dont think they will have that many people breaking down the door to be permanently based in Adelaide. Currently there are only 2 duties an AM duty worth about 5 hours and a PM duty worth about 8 hours. No overnights yet.

Taggert
2nd Nov 2005, 02:59
Might'nt be any overnights, but at least as an FO you won't have to hold down 2 jobs to get bye in Adelaide. Would have thought there would be plenty of interested takers.;)

lfdlfp
4th Nov 2005, 10:17
the cost of living in ADL may be lower than SYD, but considering how much our FOs complain about their pay (and I'm sure they don't complain without reason), even ADL may not be cheap enough.:ooh:

Candypants
6th Nov 2005, 22:41
hey eastern boy!!!!!

No hard feelings. Send me a private message if I can buy you a drink!!! So where do you get this goss from? There will be 8 or more services in and out of ADL to Pt Lincoln plus daily services to Kangaroo island?? We will need at least 4 FO's, captains, and flighties. So pack your bags or should we deport you?!