PDA

View Full Version : medicals

GOATRIDER
26th Oct 2005, 23:42
What is it with medicals-In New Zealand when you become 40 you need 2 class 1 medicals a year...I just had one and was in the docs office for approx 15 minutes...all the general stuff was done...eyes, pulse, ears, nose---15 minutes later the bill was 150.00...my doctor tells me he gets buggar all of this fee- does the majority of it go to CAA?...I am also very fit and compete in multisport unlike some of the pilots he sees...if you get an audio and ecg it can be as much as 400.00...just doesnt seem fair.

Capt Claret
27th Oct 2005, 02:22
Ha ha, he he, snicker snicker. That was so funny Cplane. Original too! :rolleyes: :yuk: :zzz:

mattyj
27th Oct 2005, 06:53
Goaties right but..what a ripoff..and the most important part of the medical is the part where you tick "whether you have ever experienced any of the following.."

..just have to spend an hour reading these forums to see what sort of honesty you might expect there!

pakeha-boy
27th Oct 2005, 13:04
Goat rider...so your saying that you a fit and are able to multisport due to the fact that you ride goats???,......BUGGER!!!,I knew I was doing something wrong!!! ;)

GOATRIDER
27th Oct 2005, 18:25
Cheers and Kia Ora Pakeha- boy...

...as for you Captain Claret- pull your talentless head out of your arse...

tinpis
28th Oct 2005, 04:45
Goaty what yer do wit yer other witty thread?

king oath
28th Oct 2005, 09:10
Any doctor who says he gets bugger all of the fee must have 3 ex wives bleeding him dry.

The fees seem a bit steep but then they are in NZ dollars. Should be tax deductable if you work.

It keeps all those sick people out of his office sneezing germs all over him too.

BigMike
28th Oct 2005, 11:43
A class 1 medical every 6 months after 40, is standard everywhere in the world, believe me.

GOATRIDER
29th Oct 2005, 18:10
Yeah its a bummer- and yeah the company pays for them- the other thing thats ironic is this--we have coach drivers here that drive up to 60 seats in large state of the art coaches for hours on end. The majority of these drivers are old very fat pie eating bohemoths and yet their medical system is a breeze...they have big responsibilities driving these vehicles...I saw one the other day that could hardly walk ten meteres without coughing and farting and gasping for air...

John Eacott
29th Oct 2005, 22:20
BigMike said:

A class 1 medical every 6 months after 40, is standard everywhere in the world

I hope not, since my CASA DME only requires me to show up annually, as does the expiry date on the bit of paper CASA sends to me ;)

Nice surprise this month, the Doc does all the medical online, and my medical arrived in the post within a week. All for $A80, too, all of which goes to the Good Doctor, thank you very much :ok:

pakeha-boy
30th Oct 2005, 00:13
Goatrider mate.....feel your pain indeed.Ive had to have 2 1st class medicals for the last 16 yrs,left seat requires it here,ie Ist class medicals only good for 6 months,right seat once /annum but most get a 1st..Insurance pays for most of it ,about $400-600 if you get the whole ball of wax,and I give the quack his $80 as part of my cost.But what guts me the most,is my doc is a big rooskie(Russian) bloke and his fingers are all bloody enormous,when I get the finger up the bum number,crikey it hurts,and worst of all ,you get to look in the mirror at yourself cringing.Not cricket at all!!!:ouch: Bottom line...no medical ...no fly,thats why we make the big bucks......tuatara

GOATRIDER
30th Oct 2005, 04:01
Im with ya Pakeha boy---the worst thing tho is when hes probing your tailpipe from behind, you turn around and the bloody Docs got both hands on his head!!!

pakeha-boy
30th Oct 2005, 13:09
and smiling too..........a truly BIG BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ouch: :ooh:

4SPOOLED
1st Nov 2005, 05:23
Well over here in Aus i was not probed in the buttocks by the dame.....in fact with my urine sample he told me to bring one with me, so anyone could have urinated in the jar.....but at least i have nothing to hide....

seems it must be a kiwi thing? or something that is required after a certain age maybe?