PDA

View Full Version : R22 Training Manchester Area

jc1234
26th Oct 2005, 21:42
Hi,

im looking to do my R22 licence (PPLH) in the Manchester area can anyone reccommend a good school. I know there is a new school at Barton but been told they are not that experienced by a fixed wing friend.

There is a white r22 that flies at barton and im told he is very good and been instructing along time but i dont know how to contact him or where he is from?

Anyone know or other suggestions please

thanks
jc

Johe02
27th Oct 2005, 06:33
Do you mean Geoff Dodd of Kingmoor Aviation?

01829 781828

:hmm:

He would know anyway. .

Pull2theDroop
27th Oct 2005, 13:01
I was checking out the Barton school a few months ago as well as i was looking at doing some instructional work for them, as im based in Warrington, however its a one man show with one R22 and is only there for a few hours each day, which was not the kind of operation i wanted to work with, and i would not advise. The main R22 operators in the area are based at Liverpool and Blackpool.

PM me if you need more info .

float test
27th Oct 2005, 18:06
The guy your looking for is called stuart Knox, his FTO is at Blackpool but he trains between blackpool and Barton and more recently hes flying from Woodford Airfield. Woodford is not open to GA but he has an arangement of some sort with them.

He taught me to fly in 2000 and is an excellent instructor with over 2000 hours flight time if not a lot more

PM me and i will pass you his number

jc1234
29th Oct 2005, 15:15
Float test

thanks for the info,

I have a 1/2 hour trail lesson booked for tomorrow at Barton