PDA

View Full Version : Bar Plus II

coolape
26th Oct 2005, 19:13
Hi there,
I didnt know where to post this but, i was wondering those of you who have played with the Bar Plus (old) and the new (Bar Plus TWO) can you give me some feedback as to, How they handle, battery life, weight, reliability, usability.

And any other problems encountered.
Do they break or scratch easily.

I've heard rumours that they will be coming down to us soon for repairs.

Thanks in advance.

Butterfield8
26th Oct 2005, 22:35
If its anything like ours its crapp.
Poor battery life,continuous glitches,failures and shotcomings with the software.
Duty free has become such a farce I wonder why we bother at all.
Its been outsourced and its still a major stuff up

Off Stand
26th Oct 2005, 22:45
They have their pros and cons. They are heavier, slower and not always reliable, but in other aspects they are quite good. A lot of the highlighted problems are currently being resolved, although they should have been sorted out when they were trailled on th 767 months ago.

The problem we find on the 777 is there is only 3 machines for 4 bar operators and when it comes to closing down the bar to calculate commission, it becomes very rushed as it is a lengthy process. If you are on shortly haul, I'd close all but one bar straight after the service.

apaddyinuk
27th Oct 2005, 05:10
I think us crew are our own worst enemies when it comes to new technology like this. Yes the thing has caused problems in the initial stages but it takes time for glitches to be overcome and for it to prove itself, unfortunately most crew seem to be giving up on it without giving it a chance...and if I catch anymore of those people deliberately breaking the stylos I swear to god.....!!!!

Off Stand
27th Oct 2005, 21:36
Ha ha ha!! Paddy, you are so right. Patience is a virtue with these things. I haven't seen anyone resort to using lemons yet though!!

Just gotta remember to shut them down completely too.