PDA

View Full Version : SpiceJet

Vne98
26th Oct 2005, 17:38
Just curious if anyone knows who is running the show at SpiceJet? How are they doing so far against the other budget airlines that have sprung up in India?

Their website looks well laid out, I wonder if their airline is the same ;)

rsoman
27th Oct 2005, 03:24
These guys seem to know what they are doing anyway - unlike fellow LCC Deccan......

Sensible route structures, a working website with features what people want (advanced seating for one ), and when I called their call centre...the chap at the other end understood what I was asking for and professional as well......

Th real threat to Spice, Deccan et all is going to be KingFisher. They are positioned as "Value for mone" airline and not exactly as a LCC, but in many cases last day or even one month advance fares are better than both Deccan and Spice despite the later being LCCs. Now if I get a meal and free IFE at the same price I pay for Deccan whereIi have to pay exhorbitant prices for inflight snacks as well. well no guessess who I will fly with..

Deccan is only surviving because having had a head start as India's frst LCC, and with the subsequent resulting publicity, many people automatically think that Deccan has the cheapest deal anytime and dont bother to check other airlines like Spice Jet or KF. Reality as I said is other wise!