PDA

View Full Version : EK 777-300ER Routes

Glorified Donkey
25th Oct 2005, 23:23
I see Emirates have ordered quite a bit of 777-300ER, do they have any plans to get the -200LR or -200LRF?

Are all there orders confirmed and does anyone know what routes they will be operating their -300ERs on? I see they are currently flying them to Dusseldorf, Sydney, Auckland, Johannesburg and a few other cities.

Fubaar
26th Oct 2005, 05:22
Hopefully none requiring the use of the crew "rest" facilities EK is installing in them, (almost certainly to be dubbed "the Anderson shelter(ette)" by those old enough to know what an Anderson shelter was, and "the pygmy co-ed dorm" by anyone younger.

newscaster
28th Oct 2005, 14:19
To New York soon.

28th Oct 2005, 14:37
To New York soon

Mmmm some how I don't think so ... I believe the FAA said No

Andu
29th Oct 2005, 05:46
Rumour Control says March 06, when the first trubble7 with crew rest arrives. But as someone else has said here and on another thread, don't expect cries of glee over the crew rest fit EK has opted for for the 777. I understand it's going to quite literally a 'down on your knees' job to crawl a rather long way down the very low tunnel past the cabin crew bunks to the pilots' (not so private) chamber.

Be interesting to see how much rest the pilots will get if, (as I expect will be the case), the cabin crew are continually changing over to have their rest breaks in the same room. Oh, I forgot, that problem's been fixed - there'll be a curtain separating the pilots from the cabin crew.

Desert Whine
29th Oct 2005, 07:27
'down on your knees' job to crawl a rather long way down the very low tunnel past the cabin crew bunks to the pilots' (not so private) chamberWhat fun... it'll be just like the good ol' days flying the B-29.

Maybe they'll retro-fit the proper (Boeing intended) facility in the roof, later on... :rolleyes:

puff m'call
29th Oct 2005, 17:12
You will have to wait until November at the Dubai Airshow, that's when the B777-200LR orders will be anounced. How many?

LOTS!!!!!! :ok: