PDA

View Full Version : 21 Sqn not good enough????

Goldfish Jack
25th Oct 2005, 19:56
Just curious - is there any reason why the Deputy President always travels in a Gulfstream as oposed to a SAAF Falcon?

We have seen some interesting approaches down here recently in some of those older Gulfstreams, especially trying to get into Ysterplaat!!

Are the SAAF's Falcons not good enough or just not servicable?

Deanw
26th Oct 2005, 06:06
A contract for the upgrade of the two SAAF Falcon 50 VIP aircraft was awarded to Duncan Aviation Inc of Nebraska, USA, during September. The contract value is R60 101 956.90.

Parrot
26th Oct 2005, 20:48
oops .... A 60 Mil upgrade ... now why was this not awarded to a BEE company... or even an SA company... oh well Mbeki's 737 seems to have found a home snoozing at Lanseria......

African Tech Rep
26th Oct 2005, 21:10
Parrot – that’s a wonderful question – even if SA didn’t have the capability they could at least have sent some people over to gain experience.

If you want to go for it – try the guy below – his answer might be interesting.

Information Officer
Gen Godfrey Nhlanhla Ngwenya, MMS

Mail: Private Bag X414, PRETORIA, 0001
Street: Defence Headquarters, cnr Delmas Avenue and Nossob Street, Erasmuskloof Ext 4, PRETORIA
Tel: (012) 355 6000
Fax: (012) 355 6023
E-mail: [email protected]

OH – PS – Mainly for Mods
it’s already “public domain” on http://www.info.gov.za/aboutgovt/contacts/dept/defence.htm

getz
27th Oct 2005, 03:17
With the history of the SAAF they would most likely install turboprops on the Falcons

ANVAK
27th Oct 2005, 06:12
Nice part about this is that it keeps the SAAF Reserve Squadrons (the old Commandos) flying - I suspect that at least one of the Gulfstreams GJ refers to is operated by 111 Sqn. (The "civvie" squadrons at least have serviceable aircraft).:ok:

porridge
27th Oct 2005, 19:17
Gen Godfrey Nhlanhla Ngwenya
Oh boy I love that name - "ngwenya"
Gen Idi Amin used to love feeding people to them!

MysticFlyer
27th Oct 2005, 19:47
Judging from his rank.....seems that both the old and new governments indefinately has to have one....'n Ou Krokodil!

Not for ethnic cleansing I hope;)

Beta Light
28th Oct 2005, 04:23
LOL, Yip, Just wondering how many of the younger ppruner's know who the " groot krokodil " was.

Remember when Tannie Elize wanted a crocodile handbag. H.Q. asked the SAAF in Rundu to catch a croc. , but it was weekend and nobody was able to fly after the Braai.

32 Bn. was asked, and after catching the biggest S.O.B's croc. they tame it and it became a company mascot.

Koevoet out in Oshakati heard about the dilemma, and as they needed to score points with the Groot Krokodil they decided to help. That afternoon they caught a SWAPO and the next day he admitted to being a crocodile

MysticFlyer
28th Oct 2005, 05:55
A very nice chap I know, with excellent questioning methods, well effective, as he was regarded the "Hoof Ondervraer" later, admitted to me that after a "walk" with friends......they came back very hungry to a 1 Para camp.

These guys apparantly had a Rooster as a mascot, with a drinking problem.....that lived on the bar counter.....

Nando's se m:mad: r!

The Mystic 1

PS. Koos and his fellow's braai'd the thing right under their noses, wiped out trails, a mystery until perhaps today!

Gunship
28th Oct 2005, 10:58
Gen Godfrey Nhlanhla Ngwenya

Mhhh if my memory serves me correct he was a major when we sat together at the SAAF Intergration Board.

That was in 1995/6.

Still ashamed that I sat there and listened to the cr@p day - in and day out.

Dishing out ranks like it was going out of fashion.

They most probably made him a Brig after I resigned from the comittee :E

ruffusruffcut001
29th Oct 2005, 14:21
Good topic,
why the xxxx are the ministers using ZS-LOG for trips north of the border? taxpayers sucking a hind tit again

cavortingcheetah
29th Oct 2005, 14:34
:D

My dear Gunss, if I may make so bold as to address you in such a convivial and jocular fashion:
After a couple of months in the land of the sand; I would have thought that you should be more than interested in a couple of extra bars to add to your collection.:E

Gunship
30th Oct 2005, 07:51
No mate ... bars and stripes and stars are not my strong point anymore.

I outgrew that when I left the old Air Force :E

PS: Does anybody know if 21 Sqn still has the Citation II SP ?

Fantastic machine she was : H551HK was her previous - previous registration.

Anybody know what happened to Herbert Krottenberger or Johann van Staden for that matter ? (he was an a/c salesman but last seen on the rapport voorblad when they caught him red-handed with a few thou fake rands :)

Cheers,

Gunsss

The Claw
30th Oct 2005, 16:53
Gunss

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/6382/citation00019ba.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Is this the one?