PDA

View Full Version : American Airlines seat pitch

airsmiles
25th Oct 2005, 13:35
Can anyone tell me when AA will be adding more seats to their economy cabin. Also, what will be the new seat pitch? It was 33/34 inches and still is per the Seat Guru website.

Just wondered because I'm flying LHR-JFK 11th/15th November.

Thanks

airsmiles

Middle Seat
25th Oct 2005, 14:47
depends on the aircraft. without first checking the AA web site, that would be either a 767 or a 777 (guess is a 767, didn't see many AA 777s at JFK last week).

767 had more legroom than their 757s, that's what I am able to provide.

airsmiles
25th Oct 2005, 17:05
All LHR-JFK flights are B777's. The AA website still has the old information re; seat plans on it, so maybe they haven't changed any aircraft yet.

airsmiles

White Hart
25th Oct 2005, 21:59
The 'more room in coach' advert has now stopped. also, some a/c operating in/out of LHR (esp ORD and MIA flts) have an additional row of seats refitted. therefore, your legroom is reduced, but not quite as much as it could have been had AA refitted the two rows that were originally removed. In November, it will be pot luck as to whether you get a refitted 777 - eventually they will all be refitted with the one extra row.

airsmiles
25th Oct 2005, 22:16
Doesn't sound too bad then if it's only one row added. Should still be better than BA's 31" seat pitch.

airsmiles