PDA

View Full Version : Nees About Terminal Expansion At Manchester

milky
25th Oct 2005, 12:21
SOME OF THE EXPANSION OF THE TERMINALS HAS ALREDY IN THE PROCESS OF STARTING IE:THAT THE CAR PARS ON THE NORTH SIDE ARE TO BE MOVED TO THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE AIRPORT ( THIS HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO ONE CAR PARK A SHUTTLE PARK)THEN A GRADUAL EXPANSION OF TERMINAL TWO ALS O HEARING AN ANNOUNCMENT AT TREMINAL TWO ON SUNDAY 23RD OCTOBER FOR AN EXCEL AIRCRAFT FOR GATE 300 YES 300 THATS A NEW ONE AS IS 100 ??

GrahamK
25th Oct 2005, 12:25
Err...I used Gate 300 last June. Been there for a long time methinks ;) If I remember right, there is 300A, 300B, 300C and 300D

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
25th Oct 2005, 12:30
GrahamK

Where is stand 300 please as I cannot find it on my charts or is this just a gate leading to a transfer bus as it doesn`t fit in with current numbering

Oh! and Milky leave the caps lock off mate
one it`s shouting and two very difficult to read

G-I-B

Ms Spurtle
25th Oct 2005, 12:32
Indeed. 300's been there for ages.
It's a transfer bus stand located on the back of T2

And please don't shout milky.

GrahamK
25th Oct 2005, 12:35
GIB, you go down stairs to a lounge where you get bussed to a remote stand from T2.
Used it for an Excel Airways flight to Dalaman last year

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
25th Oct 2005, 13:04
Thanks GrahamK I thought it must be something like that

I think that the extension to Terminal 2 is needed quite quickly as at times T2 just bursts at the seems especially parking wise and taxiway Delta past T1 is a major
problem.
Could stands 62 to 64 be changed to a taxiway now that the new stands past stand 71 are almost ready

G-I-B

Skipness One Echo
25th Oct 2005, 17:02
Doesn't T2 actually sit totally empty after the morning rush for a bit?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
25th Oct 2005, 17:38
It used to be but has evened out a bit with mix of charter and long haul plus some European Scheduled, but most airports are a lot less busy in the afternoon

I think that the aim is not to have the surges which are a nightmare for everybody

G-I-B

GrahamK
25th Oct 2005, 18:14
Last week when I was there, t'was about 4 a/c sitting at T2...very quiet

VHF FLYER
31st Oct 2005, 21:38
T2 Expansion is already a 'live' project. Part of the additional apron space (a huge bit of concrete really!) is just about active (far NW of the airport) and there are 2 new 'drive through' stands at T1 for 737 size a/c.
For the future, T2 will be extended for a huge amount of additonal capacity; T3 can be extended relatively easily eastwards and will be eventually. The big challenge however is what to do with T1 - out of date, past its sell by date etc - a real mish mash. If I were the airport company I would be planning its replacement ie demolition and rebuild in a way that solves some of the operational issues the present structures create.
My guess would be for a linear terminal one, set further north than the existing and essentially in a line with T2 running towards T3. This would create a significant amount of additional apron and airfield space. It would also create the space for a parallel remote pier offering further capacity upgrades.
As for a T4... not for a couple of decades but the location is frankly obvious viewed from the air. It is the site of the current Aviation Viewing Park. This could be linked separately and directly from J6 of the M56 as opposed to J5 for T123.
Runway 3 will be in this vicinity running parallel to the M56 but probably not for 20-30 years.