PDA

View Full Version : FlyGlobespan

Pages : [1] 2

Carnethy
24th Oct 2005, 22:09
Just a wee question. Why do flyglobespan only have GLA to PFO seasonal? First Choice & Thomson, sorry, Britannia are year round. There is a huge demand for Cyprus winter season flights - I flew Excel Airways direct GLA to PFO last year! FC & BY report high yields. Seems odd that GSM have stopped for the winter as they could easily outprice the others & continue to get high pax yields. Bout time for a direct EDI to PFO by the way!!!!!!!

DDF
25th Oct 2005, 11:30
And with Jet2 about to open its 3rd base in EDI a new fight is on..

LBA
25th Oct 2005, 11:43
3rd base?

Er.... Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, Belfast, Blackpool, Edinburgh...

Pointer
25th Oct 2005, 12:35
As my roster rarely shows a -800 i assume that the info i got is correct; all planes get their tale "waxed" but it is rumoured that a new scheme is in the making.... to put on the tail.

Pointer :E

GoEDI
25th Oct 2005, 13:30
And with Jet2 about to open its 3rd base in EDI a new fight is on..

Jet2 has had a base at EDI since the beginning of this year, or thereabouts.

DDF
25th Oct 2005, 19:09
Sorry I was not very clear.. I was reading from this arlicle

Jet2.com has announced it would like to make Edinburgh one of its main bases.

The Manchester-based low-cost carrier has said it would also be introducing new routes to popular holiday destinations, such as Murcia in Spain, from the Scottish capital.

Philip Meeson, boss at the airline, told the Scotsman why Jet2.com has decided to expand on the Edinburgh – Manchester route: "We feel that there is a great opportunity to extend our services to other exciting destinations in Europe."

He went on to say that the route had been introduced as a result of demand by the Scottish people.

Earlier this month Jet2.com was one of the airlines singled out by Which? magazine as "side-stepping" its responsibilities to passenger safety by forcing pilots to work long hours.

GoEDI
25th Oct 2005, 19:27
main base? Fair enough. Presumably means atleast one more based aircraft. I wonder if Channex are going to use G-CELR for Jet2 duties when it leaves Flyglobespan at the end of this month? If they do that'll probably stay around, 2 QCs, that would be nice....:E

Seer
26th Oct 2005, 13:21
"I wonder if Channex are going to use G-CELR for Jet2 duties when it leaves Flyglobespan at the end of this month?"

They are still using this aircraft for flyglobespan flights through the winter and next summer, so you information is wrong!

GoEDI
26th Oct 2005, 14:53
They are still using this aircraft for flyglobespan flights through the winter and next summer, so you information is wrong!

Where did you get this from then? Flyglobespan are ending their association with Channex from the end of this month, that's the plan anyway, as has been reported.

http://www.jethros.i12.com/FLEETS/Listings/FLY_GLOBESPAN.htm

So where did you get your info from then?!

Seer
26th Oct 2005, 15:22
Well jethro is wrong!

A mate flies with Channel not from Edinburgh, but he fills in there from time to time and its business as usual he says, at least through the winter, flights to Malaga and Prague for globespan he tells me.

Do not trust what you read on spotters webpages!

GoEDI
26th Oct 2005, 15:49
ok, thanks for providing more detail, however, Channex's flights for Flyglobespan operate with an EXS code, there are no flight codes operating with an EXS code this winter from EDI, all are GSM. So I'm still not convinced, will wait and see...

Seer
26th Oct 2005, 20:17
All globespan flights are now under the GSM code so you would not know which are actually being flown by a third party, but I can assure you Jethro has got is wrong, and he should not be putting out false information... The Channel association with globespan is ongoing... after Jet2 expand at EDI its anyones guess what will happen, most likely globespan will dump Channel before then anyway as globespan continue to get more aircraft and cover their own flights.

jethro15
26th Oct 2005, 21:43
Do not trust what you read on spotters webpages!
I see, but we can trust the information posted by an anonymous person, to an open forum, which was obtained from ‘a mate’!

jethro

Seer
26th Oct 2005, 21:50
Well maybe you should enlighten us where you got your duff gen from jethro?

My mate (well actaully an aquantance), told me he is operating a globespan flight from Edinburgh to Malaga next month, he works for Channel, not globespan, so unless his company is keeping him very much in the dark, then they are still operating for globespan. That is fact jethro!

And incase you are new around here jethro, most people are anonymous seeing as how it is an "anonymous" forum... Doh!

But just to reiterate... Channel are NOT ending their relationship with globespan (or vice versa), period.

GoEDI
27th Oct 2005, 16:57
Flyglobespan have updated their timetable today, there's a EDI-ALC Saturday flight with an EXS code during the winter timetable starting from December now showing.

airhumberside
28th Oct 2005, 13:13
Two new EDI routes next summer

Murcia on Saturdays
Ibiza on Saturdays and Sundays

jethro15
31st Oct 2005, 22:14
B733 GCELR returned to Channel end of lease 31 Oct

B733 (A/C varies) to op for Flyglobespan 17 Dec 05 - 25 Mar 06 Saturdays only Operates EDI / ALC under EXS flight No

Flyglobespan association with Channel ends 25 Mar 06

jethro

GrahamK
1st Nov 2005, 12:45
GSM launch transatlantic flights (http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2179242005)
Daily GLA-SFB from next summer

Carnethy
1st Nov 2005, 21:28
Thats good news (presume they're direct) Anyone know from where they will be getting the 767(s) and what series they are? Hopefully they won't be old Excel Airways ships! With brand new 738's in the fleet, FlyGlobespan want to keep this good image going.
Any news on expansion from EDI? I would like to go to SXM soon!!!! lol.

GoEDI
1st Nov 2005, 21:31
ex Air New Zealand B763ERs apparently.

EDI will feature eventually in there long haul plans, if not summer 2006 then the following year.

GrahamK
1st Nov 2005, 22:45
I have a feeling GSM can cater their long haul flights from GLA, STN and another UK airport (not EDI). We shall wait and see, but I would be hugely surprised to see EDI get GSM long haul

GoEDI
1st Nov 2005, 23:00
We shall wait and see, but I would be hugely surprised to see EDI get GSM long haul

Why? Tom Darymple himself has already said that EDI will eventually see long haul in some shape or form from Flyglobespan, why would you go against what he's said?!:confused:

jack_essex
2nd Nov 2005, 07:45
Just to remind anyone, they started their daily Stansted to Tenerife flights yesterday. And they will be starting Geneva in December.

Skipness One Echo
2nd Nov 2005, 08:41
I apologise in advance but Scottish airlines have such a God awful track record. *In best Private Fraser tones "They're doomed, they're doomed!"*
Doing this means that the big boys will notice them and they cease to be a succesful niche player. The precedents ain't good.

paperpusher
2nd Nov 2005, 13:27
I have a question, why are the new CC recruits for STN also being trained on the 747 slides and doors? long haul out of STN?

NG708
2nd Nov 2005, 16:11
The rumour was STN to NY, Newark perhaps, on a wet-leased 767. Don't know if thats been scrapped or plans are still ongoing?

General word was 4 767's had been signed for, based STN, GLA, MAN and somewhere else.

Hopefully this GLA - SFB won't be with just one aircraft. Bit risky if it goes tech as they'd have to have quick access to a spare or subcharter.

;)

captaintrigger
2nd Nov 2005, 17:58
Fantastic News,

Fly Globespan go transatlantic with a new route from Glasgow to Orlando sanford. I have just checked and flights are from £99 each way even during summer holidays.

Great news for the people in Scotland, lets wish Globespan a huge success, I am sure they dont need it

Good Luck Guys!!!!

CT

nokia
2nd Nov 2005, 18:56
I recall globespan having a stab at long haul with Excalibur and Orlando with Dc10's , fully appreciate there was probably more to this behind the scenes than we will ever know but another case of much money spent by a Tour Operator aspiring to be an airline and the eventual demise of a carrier etc etc - need i say more -

afterdark
3rd Nov 2005, 08:50
The difference is Flyglobespan are only selling seats on the aircraft at the moment not as a package deal.

Now being able to travel on any given day makes a huge difference to me I am sure it will be the same for many others too.

They could make it even better by selling seats to holiday companies as well now that TCX and BY (TOM) do not service the Orlando route from Glasgow.

Engineer
3rd Nov 2005, 11:25
Did this company not attempt to go long haul earlier this year with the ex My Travel DC10 which did not even get off the ground.

sparkymarky
3rd Nov 2005, 11:40
No, you are thinking of Air Scotland.

So far Globespan seem to be doing very well. Their short haul routes are popular, their service is said to be better than Easyjet, but the prices are similar, and they are expanding at a measured rate.

The Florida service looks like a very strong product.

What will be interesting to see is how they deploy the 767 next winter, as I don't think they will do a daily service to Florida year round.

I believe it is a 767-300ER, so that puts a huge range of destinations in range for a bi-weekly service.

nef
3rd Nov 2005, 13:50
I read a small quote in the paper yesterday where it was stated that GSM intend to continue the Florida flights into the winter, albeit at lower frequency.

I think it was GSM that were linked with a DC-10 around May/June this year, but as you say nothing happened. At that time Air Scotland were talking up their grand plans for Tri-stars from GLA to JFK, YYZ, MIA etc. I do wonder if the DC-10 interest was maybe a bit of a reaction to that - a quick way into the market to stop Air Scotland getting ahead, cause all the lead up to then had suggested that long-haul was not that imminent and would involve more up-to-date aircraft? Of course, Air Scotland were as usual all talk, so maybe GSM dropped thier interest partially cause there was no competition coming?

GoEDI
6th Nov 2005, 20:49
A mate flies with Channel not from Edinburgh, but he fills in there from time to time and its business as usual he says, at least through the winter, flights to Malaga and Prague for globespan he tells me.

TF-ELM was still getting used today at EDI. Either to ALC or BCN...

airhumberside
7th Nov 2005, 18:05
"The aircraft used on this flight [Prague] will be employed on another route from Edinburgh, and we will be making an announcement on a massive expansion from the Capital in a few weeks' time."
The above quote is from an Edinburgh Evening News article.

Carnethy
7th Nov 2005, 20:33
Any ideas as to what destinations are part of this major expansion?

Scottie
8th Nov 2005, 08:06
So the market to places like Prague from Scotland can't sustain two companies on the route.

Wonder how long GSM or easyJet will last on the GVA route and who will be first to drop it?

Jet 2 and GSM are going head to head on the Murcia and future GSM expansion at EDI will no doubt be in order to stop Jet2 gaining a foothold.

Interesting times....

goldeneye
10th Nov 2005, 11:41
Another new rourte

Edinburgh to Bournemouth from 26 march.
EDI 07:40 BOH 09:10, BOH 09:40 EDI 11:00
Prices start at £0.19 per person each way exc tax

GrahamK
10th Nov 2005, 12:15
Glasgow to Ibiza also

shamrock7seal
12th Nov 2005, 11:05
new daily Edinburgh - Bournemouth route starts 26th March 2006. Does anyone know what aircraft type will operate it or whether that will be determined by demand? B736 or B738?

GrahamK
12th Nov 2005, 11:16
Probably a 736 or 733.
The 738s are based at GLA and STN afaik.

GoEDI
12th Nov 2005, 13:59
I can't see it being a B738, even if there are any at EDI next summer, depends on what their fleet is going to look like next summer whether it'll be a B736 a B733 or maybe a leased aircraft, just wait and see...

afterdark
14th Nov 2005, 10:40
can the 736's fly that far from Scottish airports to Spanish Costas & Balerics safely.

the range is not very far on a Low Gross Weight (1340nm) version compared to the High Gross Weight (2940nm) version that they use on their 738's

thats why all the Canaries flights will be 738's.

GoEDI
14th Nov 2005, 16:07
The B736 is currently doing STN-TFS! It can fly "safely" to Spain from Scotland, EDI-BCN is currently a B736 route, with PRG, and GVA too when it starts I think also being B736s.

afterdark
15th Nov 2005, 09:08
according to the CAA website about the engines and MTOW for GSM's 736's are as follows
engines CFM CFM56-7B20
MTOW 57606kg
would these not be classed as LGW aircraft thus giving the aircraft the standard range of 2480km (1340nm) ?.
isn't STN - TFS around 1620 nm ?
I know that the aircraft has the range to fly from Scotland to southern Spain does the aircraft need to have a reserve fuel above the range of the aircraft ie if the aircraft has a range of 1500 km and the distance to destinatiion is 1400 km do you need reserve fuel to take into account go-arounds, diversions, headwinds, weather, climb etc ?

SandLat650
15th Nov 2005, 13:29
It makes STN-TFS without too much trouble - on most days.

Lots of payload = not much fuel = short range.
Lots of fuel = not much payload = long range.

Work it out for yourself, it's not rocket science!

Buster the Bear
15th Nov 2005, 13:35
So the flight either operates with a full passenger load and has to lob in somewhere for fuel en-route sometimes, or the flight never departs with a full load of passengers.

I am not a rocket scientist, but I will assume that the 737-600 is not capable of an air to air refuel!

SandLat650
15th Nov 2005, 13:53
Correct on both counts! :ok:

Anyway it won't be a problem soon as a -800 will be doing it.

Regards.

Gaza
17th Nov 2005, 12:30
new daily Edinburgh - Bournemouth route starts 26th March 2006. Does anyone know what aircraft type will operate it or whether that will be determined by demand? B736 or B738?

I have been praying for this route for some time but the timings are not great.

Depart EDI @ 07:50
Depart BOH @ 09:50

An 07:50 departure is unlikely to appeal to weekend breakers. :ugh:

These times would be great if they were part of a double daily rotation as the flights would appeal to the business market. Business people want the ability to do day trips.

bacardi walla
18th Nov 2005, 15:56
STN-TFS-STN today is on a 733 so what's all the fuss about 736's ?

GoEDI
18th Nov 2005, 16:20
STN-TFS-STN today is on a 733 so what's all the fuss about 736's ?

It's normally done by B736s as that is all that is based at STN just now, strange that it was a B733 today.

EDIT: It seems that the based B736 has been replaced by B733 G-OTDA! Don't think that was planned, maybe the B736 was struggling to make the route as I think the flights have been pretty full.

XSBaggage
19th Nov 2005, 18:29
Agree with Gaza times not great. Seem to remember that Eurocity or some such name with 1-11s then ATRs flying GLA and EDI to BOH ended up dropping morning rotation for a more "civilized" hour before finally failing. FR also dropped their morning PIK-BOH due to low pax loads. Think SOU has the business traffic in that area, BOH good for leisure traffic only.

Hial Flyer
19th Nov 2005, 18:37
I believe the STN base is now going to be a B736 and a B733, with the B733 doing TFS and the B736 doing GVA.

The 3xB738's are staying in GLA.

GoEDI
19th Nov 2005, 19:24
The 3rd B736 is now lurking in the UK somewhere, it was at Filton a night or 2 ago. Clearly this one is STN bound.

mmeteesside
19th Nov 2005, 19:34
Yes it is, it's registered as G-CDRA (ex SE-DNX) s/n 28304 for the number-crunchers ;)

mmeteesside

goldeneye
20th Nov 2005, 16:38
Agree with Gaza times not great. Seem to remember that Eurocity or some such name with 1-11s then ATRs flying GLA and EDI to BOH ended up dropping morning rotation for a more "civilized" hour before finally failing. FR also dropped their morning PIK-BOH due to low pax loads. Think SOU has the business traffic in that area, BOH good for leisure traffic only.

Yes i remember them, Euroscot Express lasted a couple of years, operated a BAC 1-11 then an ATR. BAC 1-11 photo here (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/644722/L/ )

Oshkosh George
5th Dec 2005, 17:37
Their fourth 736, G-CDRB 737-683 c/n 28305,and sx SE-DOR,was delivered to Filton for painting on 3-12.

7006 fan
5th Dec 2005, 18:41
Gaz,

couldn't see the reg', too dark but it was manoeuvred into the big green hangar and the doors were then shut!

;)

GoEDI
5th Dec 2005, 20:00
It was G-DLCH, off for what you said I guess.

The Grim Reaper
6th Dec 2005, 10:07
Ref the relationship between flyglobespan and channex mentioned earlier in this thread.

I think you might find that the relationship will be extended beyond March 2006 for one simple reason. Channel own the slots on these routes and if flyglobespan end the contract then jet2 will have a ready made expansion package servicing them!

From GSM's point of view it's better to tie up channex aircraft and keep the enemy in view.....;)

The Grim Reaper
9th Dec 2005, 10:10
The -600's G-CDKT, KD, RA & RB have had fuse/pod's painted at FZO (all still in ex-SAS paint) prior to going to Bacau (Rom) for inerior refit.
-800 tails are being done at Humberside.

cabot
10th Dec 2005, 18:13
As reported Globespan are expanding across the pond to SFB next year with ex Air New Zealand 767 300 aircraft.Anyone have any knowledge of which fleet number(s) are being aquired?

Gaza
18th Dec 2005, 20:42
new daily Edinburgh - Bournemouth route starts 26th March 2006.

I've just booked a BOH-EDI one way for Good Friday. £0.99 plus Tax and Charges giving a total of approx £20.

All flights bar the Thursday were showing at £0.99 (Thursday was £10.99). This would suggest that forward bookings are not that great.

As I said in my original reply the timings are not good for a single daily rotation.

FLYboh
19th Dec 2005, 15:54
Domestic routes tend to be late bookings. So it's not time to worry just yet. Wait until a month beforehand and if its still like that then the route will be in trouble.

Fingers crossed.:ok:

XSBaggage
20th Dec 2005, 01:09
With the launch of the AMS service being postponed, does this suggest that the traffic from Scotland to AMS is perhaps peaking. With Transavia starting service to PIK, the competition is intense on this route.

Random search on internet for flights GLA-AMS-GLA 22-25 April:
KLM £95.50
GSM £51.58
(Including taxes)

According to PIK's statement, Transavia fares will be "from just £33.75 one-way, including taxes". Return of minimum £67.50 puts them right in the middle of the previous two.

Should be interesting to see how this all develops. KLM obviously have the connecting traffic, not just from the Glasgow area, whilst the former EZY customers should be snapped up by Flyglobespan and Transavia. Anyone else think this route will be hard to sustain?

GW76
29th Dec 2005, 18:25
You and your slots- youre obsessed with em' ;)

pamann
6th Jan 2006, 19:59
Stansted to Athens expected to go on sale soon! :) :) :)

cabot
6th Jan 2006, 22:59
As reported Globespan are expanding across the pond to SFB next year with ex Air New Zealand 767 300 aircraft.Anyone have any knowledge of which fleet number(s) are being aquired?
No one know the fleet numbers yet and whether its 1 or 2 763s

Stanstedeye
7th Jan 2006, 18:59
Well done FlyGlobespan, taking on Athens from STN, when ESY declined .
ESY pulled out of Rome when FR started, will ESY also pull out of Glasgow?
As for long haul ref. PAMANN, GLAGAZ has stated that there is a 762 slot
at STN from April.

Scottie
7th Jan 2006, 21:10
Athens is right on the limits for loco profitability in terms of distance. GLA is a solid route so you won't see us pulling off it ar all.

Pete_Pilot
7th Jan 2006, 21:16
Has anybody noticed that GSM do not have STN-GLA and STN-EDI on sale for Summer 06?

Moreover, frequency has been reduced from 2 to 1 daily on STN-GLA, which is, in all honesty, a token product.

These routes are very competitive markets after all with a lot of low-cost competition. On STN-GLA the 3 largest LCCs (Ryanair, easyJet and Air Berlin) offer services!.

Does this spell the end for GSM's 'pseudo feeder plans' between Scotland and Stansted?

Pete

GoEDI
7th Jan 2006, 23:31
Has anybody noticed that GSM do not have STN-GLA and STN-EDI on sale for Summer 06?
Moreover, frequency has been reduced from 2 to 1 daily on STN-GLA, which is, in all honesty, a token product.
These routes are very competitive markets after all with a lot of low-cost competition. On STN-GLA the 3 largest LCCs (Ryanair, easyJet and Air Berlin offer services!).
Does this spell the end for GSM's 'pseudo feeder plans' between Scotland and Stansted?
Pete

What's worse is that it actually goes down to 1x weekly in February!!

I'm not sure what is going, but after just cancelling most of the GLA-STN schedule and combining the GLA and STN-GVA flights a week or two ago, they are now about to start combining the EDI and GLA-BCN flights. I have no idea why though, BCN is their most popular destination. There are no aircraft shortages either, yet.... :confused:
Lots of combining/cancelling going on just now but for no apparent reason. Must be something going on behind the scenes...

Carnethy
8th Jan 2006, 00:35
How is Athens on the limit when they already fly a regular service to Paphos (& should have 1 flight a week, at least, from EDI!) and also do charters to Egypt? Would also be interested to know which 767's they are getting.

Stanstedeye
9th Jan 2006, 19:32
Long haul out of STN will gain a weekly Z4 service to YHZ via GLA using a 763 from 04/04/06, scheduled for a 12 month run.

GW76
9th Jan 2006, 20:12
Long haul out of STN will gain a weekly Z4 service to YHZ via GLA using a 763 from 04/04/06, scheduled for a 12 month run.
Relevence to GSM ???

Stanstedeye
9th Jan 2006, 21:07
The link being STN-GLA

GoEDI
9th Jan 2006, 21:12
The link being STN-GLA

Is STN-GLA bookable?!

gatwicknose
10th Jan 2006, 08:56
does stanstedeye have info on EOS and MAXjet loads at all???

Stanstedeye
10th Jan 2006, 17:26
ref. Eos/Maxjet loadings:

Last info from Jamesair on 23/12/05
CAA published airport stats for November 2005 showing 2084 paying pax for both aorliones From STN-JFK

gatwicknose
11th Jan 2006, 12:01
Thats the official stuff stanstedeye...what I would be interested to know is actuals....

WOWBOY
11th Jan 2006, 16:28
It looks like GSM have cancelled plans to operate EDI-BOH!

Stanstedeye
11th Jan 2006, 18:42
STN-ATH starts 26/05/06
Scheduled daytime fight to TFS, then night sector to ATH.
STN-TFS 08.15-13.20. TFS-STN 13.35-17.40. STN-ATH 18.10-23.59.
ATH-STN 04.30-06.40.
Looks like only one based aircraft for the summer

Mr @ Spotty M
11th Jan 2006, 21:12
Hell that's going to be one hell of a turnround, 30 minutes with a fair size fuel uplift.
They are not going to be top for punctuality, for summer 06 are they?

bacardi walla
12th Jan 2006, 09:45
How are they going to turn a 737 in TFS in 15 minutes ?? I suspect the arrival time in TFS should read 1220 :confused:

GrahamK
12th Jan 2006, 09:57
Aye, but 1 hr 15 mins to turn around a 737. Not exactly the average LCC turnaround is it?

shamrock7seal
12th Jan 2006, 10:20
can someone tell me the logical thought behind pulling the EDI-BOH route before it has entered the crucial 4 week advance booking period??? 65% of all bookings for such a route would be made in those 4 weeks so what the hells goin on???

GoEDI
12th Jan 2006, 12:11
can someone tell me the logical thought behind pulling the EDI-BOH route before it has entered the crucial 4 week advance booking period??? 65% of all bookings for such a route would be made in those 4 weeks so what the hells goin on???

That's what everyone would like to know!! They've got a bad habit of taking such action, the same happened to EDI-MAD and GLA-ORY last year, although they blamed they dropping of GLA-ORY on lack of siutable slots.:rolleyes:
The difference here is that EDI-BOH is a domestic route, and Flyglobespan have chopped it more than 2 months before it starts. Which is why what you say refarding forward bookings makes it even more difficult to understand, it seems they've not even given the route a chance.

jack_essex
12th Jan 2006, 12:54
ref. Eos/Maxjet loadings:
Last info from Jamesair on 23/12/05
CAA published airport stats for November 2005 showing 2084 paying pax for both airlines From STN-JFK
Hi, Could you please give me the link to the CAA publication. I can't find it.
Thanks

Stanstedeye
12th Jan 2006, 17:08
The correct arrival at TFS for GSM 667 is 12.45.

Stanstedeye
12th Jan 2006, 17:22
Ref. Maxjet/Eos CAA pub.: Try Eos thread 24/12/05

aeulad
13th Jan 2006, 17:19
VERY interesting! The first low fares flights from the UK to Croatia! I would expect this area to experience considerable low cost expansion in the next few years.

Regards

Mike

Gaza
16th Jan 2006, 18:36
I've just booked a BOH-EDI one way for Good Friday. £0.99 plus Tax and Charges giving a total of approx £20.
All flights bar the Thursday were showing at £0.99 (Thursday was £10.99). This would suggest that forward bookings are not that great.
As I said in my original reply the timings are not good for a single daily rotation.

Looks like my fears have been realised. :{ :{ :{ :{ :{

I am very pissed off as instead of booking a EDI-LHR//SOU-EDI open jaw I booked a one-way with BA EDI-LHR and a one-way with GSM BOH-EDI. The price on the SOU-EDI is now much higher. I'm also getting hit for a double whammy as the open-jaw would have been much cheaper.

What sort of twats are running this airline? If my marketing director kept making these types of decisions he be out on his ear.

WOWBOY
22nd Jan 2006, 11:30
For some reason I cant see that happening anytime soon!!

But who knows!

From the Herald via Scotavnet:-

BUDGET airline FlyGlobespan has scrapped all domestic flights from
Edinburgh. The city-based no-frills carrier said it was cancelling a
planned route from the Capital to Bournemouth and axing its service to
London Stansted. The cancellations, which come into effect at the end of
February, have left hundreds of passengers who had already bought tickets on
the flights now having to find alternative ways to travel. The firm has
been unable to sell enough tickets to the English south coast, while planes
flying to Stansted will instead be used to take holidaymakers to Europe. The
shock announcement bucks a recent trend for service expansion by
FlyGlobespan, who only this week announced two new destinations from the
Capital for next summer - a weekly service to Mahon in Menorca, as well as
the first flights to the Croatian resort of Pula. A spokesman said: "We
apologise to any customers inconvenienced as a result of the ending of these
flights. In order to serve the summer market and go to the resorts we want
to fly to, we need to take planes off the domestic services. We still have
ambitions for expansion and hope to revisit the domestic market."

It says they want to revist the domestic market!!!

GoEDI
22nd Jan 2006, 19:15
Excellent interview there!

From this spring, passengers can check in online

Nice one!

Nil further
8th Mar 2006, 10:43
Engineering source tells me that flyglobespan will not operate a 767 this year as previously announced .They are aparrently going to wet-lease capacity (if they can get it).

Shame for the guys who went there for the 767.

Come on GLA GAZ give us the inside info' !

NF

captjns
8th Mar 2006, 10:46
Wet lease does not use the crews of the charting airline. The company that provides an aircraft under the west least arrangement generally provides it under an ACMI arrangement, sans the gas.

swedish
8th Mar 2006, 12:25
Wet lease = fully inclusive, ie fuel, crew etc
Dry = a/c only
Damp = ACMI

NG708
8th Mar 2006, 13:14
Interesting. Shame for the guys who have just trained up then. Does this mean that they won't be able to revert back to the 737 and will have to just sit around?

captjns
8th Mar 2006, 13:42
That's up to Globe Span... now isn't it.

TSR2
8th Mar 2006, 15:24
According to next months Airliner World,

"The airline expects to add up to six Boeing 767s to its fleet over the next two years, the first of which will be used for a Manchester - Cape Town service due to be launched in November"

Nil further
8th Mar 2006, 15:49
TSR2 Globespan are always taliking up their game , believe it when you see it .

Sandford was supposed to start this spring on their own 767. Aint gonna happen.

captaintrigger
8th Mar 2006, 16:22
The 767 is still coming for the Orlando Service!!!
That Info is Incorrect!!!

CT

Tarek Nor
8th Mar 2006, 16:48
This is not correct. The B767 is coming.
GLA-SFB flights start 02JUN. The a/c
will be delivered in May.

TSR2
8th Mar 2006, 18:08
The additional six Boeing 767s are planned as the next stage of Flyglobespans expansion plans and are additional to the sole long-haul link between Glasgow and Orlando.

Source - Airliner World April 2006

BLACK_BUSH
8th Mar 2006, 18:31
Nil further
Why the downer on Scotland's first and only Airline with a fighting chance of bringing Long-Haul destinations to Glasgow and Edinburgh without the surcharges imposed by the others?
Have you been turned down for a job?
:rolleyes:

Nil further
8th Mar 2006, 19:15
Black bush youve rumbled me ,i really need to take a £40k a year pay cut to work for Scotlands only low cost long haul airline !

Seriously though , you guys obviously work there , Your engineering contractors are puting the word out at GLA that the 767 for the summer is no more ,just passing it on , this is a rumour network .

Since Globespan started ive heard tales of A340 , A330 , B777 Tristarsand DC10 .

None of that has happenened and the guys that fix your aeroplanes say that the 767 aint coming in May .

I wish you all the luck in the world , i suspect that there is a strong market for the type of product being offered and hope that it all comes together for you . I know a couple of top blokes who have gone there for the 767 .

Its just that your leader is rather fond of talking rubbish to the media !

Good Luck !

BLACK_BUSH
8th Mar 2006, 21:38
Nil further
Watch this space......................our 'leader' is one of the most widely respected individuals in the travel and tourism industry and is rarely given to 'talking rubbish'.
flyglobespan's Chairman looked at various types, from various manufacturers, as would any prudent man, prior to agreeing terms on the aircraft chosen to operate his routes-sensible or not?
As a Glasgow based pilot yourself I would've thought that any operator bringing flying jobs to the region would've been welcome.
flyglobespan is here to stay......................watch this space.
:ok:

BLACK_BUSH
9th Mar 2006, 07:54
Nil further
As with your initial post, you are way off the mark with your lifestyle and package comments.
flyglobespan started life just under 2 years ago with 2 leased Channex 737's.
Two ex Deutche BA 737-300's followed, 2005 saw exponential growth and plans are afoot to take the airline still further in geographical and actual terms.
And just a minor point of order; it's normally good form, and industry practice to wait till invited to take up a widebody command, and I very much doubt we'll see a big bird, painted orange, with you at the helm, in GLA anytime soon !

Eff Oh
9th Mar 2006, 08:55
Nil Further, you are well wide of the mark with your info on the package (and the B767.) Occured to anyone that they may use a different engineering contractor for the B767? Just a thought.

Psr777
9th Mar 2006, 09:27
Possibly way off base here, but what happened last time Globespan tried to launch a long haul service with a DC10???
Was the same "respected leader" in charge of that?
No offence intended, just asking the question....;)

BLACK_BUSH
9th Mar 2006, 09:42
Psr777
A perfectly reasonable question.
The same 'respected leader' was indeed in charge, but after due enquiry decided that the DC10, for many and varied reasons, was not the aircraft to launch his long-haul package.
flyglobespan is not some fly-by-night outfit, they have embarked on an ambitious but well researched long term programme, passengers are there, the product is there but as we all know, time will be the ultimate arbiter.

3REDS
9th Mar 2006, 10:04
Since Globespan started ive heard tales of A340 , A330 , B777 Tristarsand DC10 .

Don't forget the 787!!

crackberryaddict
9th Mar 2006, 11:40
Wet lease = fully inclusive, ie fuel, crew etc
Dry = a/c only
Damp = ACMI

not quite swedish,

Wet Lease = ACMI
Damp = ACMI, but with reduced cabin crew (ie. only purser provided by lessor, remainder of CC's supplied by lessee)
Dry = as you correctly said, a/c only, but usually for long term contract

unfortunately you don't get fuel included with a wet lease, but alot of lessee's probably wish this would be the case! the term 'wet' can of course lead to some confusion

Nil further
9th Mar 2006, 12:26
BlackBUsh

you are quite correct when you say that there will never be an orange widebody at GLA with me a the helm ,a source of some relief to those poor unfortunates who have worked with me in the past and Mrs NilFurther. So that s another thing we agree on.

I do agree there is a market from Scotland for both GSM's long and shorthhaul offerings , i merely offered a rumour i had heard .

Why dont you tell us what the package is the for the 76 , i know personally three people who have signed up and they have all told me that it is i.r.o £60k with a couple of quid per hour duty pay and nothing else .No Pension , no LOL no Death In Service or private health . Whats the big secret if you know better then let us all in on what a good deal we are missing out on .

Wether you like it or not , the shadow of Messrs Cougar Leasing . JF and KN hang over you .There is plenty of info' on these boards about them and the info' on the ground at GLA is that some of the more 'interesting' practices' are on-going.

I have no doubt that the pilot community in GSM are committed hardworking proffesional who want there company to succeed, you do seem to be awful touchy though !

BLACK_BUSH
9th Mar 2006, 14:18
Nil further
Not touchy old man, just, like all the pilot and management body in flyglobespan, absolutely committed to the Company's success.
flyglobespan is a wholly owned, independant airline offering short-haul B737 pilots wishing to be domiciled in Scotland and Stansted a chance to work close to where they live. No moves to Luton/Gatwick/Belfast or some corner of a foreign field to get a command needed.
The Company is now offering real prospects of career progression from short haul narrow body operations, to wide body, world wide exposure and with the advent of Long-Haul operations, opportunities may arise for employment at other bases within the UK.
Salaries are no secret but with what is offered, I'm sure you won't be applying to take a reduction from your present £100k+ salary. :8
A first year Captain on the B767 has a basic salary of £75k a first year First Officer £43k with annual incremental increases.
Duty pay is presently £2.10/hr, a contributory pension and Death in Service are in place, medical and licence renewals are paid for and flyglobespan don't charge for LPC/OPC's. So I would respectfully suggest that the 'three people who have signed up' have perhaps signed up for a different Company?
As mentioned earlier flyglobespan is relative new-comer to the industry, though Globespan has been in the travel business for over 30 years, and whilst T's & C's are not yet where they might be, they are as good as some and better than others, but again, as previously mentioned, watch this space.
I am unaware of any of the 'interesting practices' you refer to, but please feel free to enlighten us all.

Nil further
9th Mar 2006, 14:34
would love to , unfortunately , Mr F would likely sue PPrune as again only rumour.

Thanks for the pay info , looks like a good deal , too bad i dont meet your exacting requirements or i might have applied .

You are quite correct in another respect , the pay at the orange mob for those with appropriate , experience is north of 100k.

havent paid for any LPC/OPC , medical or uniform .Suggest you check your facts , its all on the EZY public website .

Once again Good Luck .

I will be happy to publish my humble pie statment when the 76 takes to the sky in May.

BLACK_BUSH
9th Mar 2006, 14:59
Nil further
No humble pie needed, we'll all be very happy when it happens.
bacardi walla
Mr F is very highly regarded in certain quarters unless I've been misinformed.
:hmm:

cabot
13th Mar 2006, 09:03
C'mon guys this is getting me feeling a bit jumpy.Are they getting the 763 from Air New Zealand or not.I've got 5 seats booked on this and a villa in Florida with a rental car and it dont make good reading that this service MIGHT operate.Anyone have any knowledge about bookings for these flights as ive noticed on the website some dates are no longer available?

bradfordboy
13th Mar 2006, 10:36
C'mon guys this is getting me feeling a bit jumpy.Are they getting the 763 from Air New Zealand or not.I've got 5 seats booked on this and a villa in Florida with a rental car and it dont make good reading that this service MIGHT operate
Looking at your previous messages you don't seem to have much luck with your flights:O :O .
Sometimes I think it is better for these new routes to get off the ground before booking.:=

Eff Oh
13th Mar 2006, 13:01
A/C (B767-300ER) will arrive in April.

codpiece face
13th Mar 2006, 16:54
Do you know quite a bit about it then mr oh?.

PocaHostie
14th Mar 2006, 09:10
I can confirm that there is a Flyglobespan engineering team in New Zealand this week to confirm delivery status of the B767-300.

I think this rumour of it's "non-arrival" eminated from engineers at Glasgow due to the fact they hadn't been briefed on issues other than station line maintenance at Glasgow.
I understand that the plans are in place for phased maintenance of the B767 at SFB - due to the increased down time of the A/c at SFB as opposed to Glasgow.
In another twist - the Training Manager and force behind the introduction of the B767 is non other that one of the most respected and capable individuals in UK aviation management - formerly chief pilot of a certain "air touring company" located in Manchester.

Sorry to quash the negative rumours re: Flyglobespan B767 - but it is on it's way...more to follow....watch this space..!!!:ok: :ok:

bacardi walla
14th Mar 2006, 10:30
Nil further
No humble pie needed, we'll all be very happy when it happens.
bacardi walla
Mr F is very highly regarded in certain quarters unless I've been misinformed.
:hmm:

and which quarters are they then :confused:

haughtney1
14th Mar 2006, 10:56
Just to add to this...my NZ engineeing contacts..(Hi Rob!) have advised me of a couple of headaches thanks to the boys from north of the border, of the alcohol induced variety:}

Eff Oh
14th Mar 2006, 11:21
Yes Codpiece Face, I do! Thought you would have known that due to my absence recently from "you know who.":D Check your PMs

LOGICAL
14th Mar 2006, 12:35
Do storm have anyone available at GLA with 767 approval?.

BLACK_BUSH
15th Mar 2006, 18:08
bacardi walla
The gentleman you refer to has been feted in quarters you'd never be permitted entry to !
The problem with this forum is people sniping behind anonymity, if you have an axe to grind with Mr F, write to him and resolve it, don't listen to and perpetrate (though that's what's kept Danny and others here happy for years now) rumour.
PM me and I'll be happy to ask and get answers to any questions you like.
cabot
Whether you are a frequent flier or not ;) your Orlando trip with flyglobespan is perfectly safe and if you've booked the villa via Globespan, it's equally safe. Have faith, it will happen.

Hogg
16th Mar 2006, 00:34
Guys, this thread is beginning to turn into personal attacks instead of sticking to the topic. Thanks hogg

sparkymarky
16th Mar 2006, 19:17
Sorry to quash the negative rumours re: Flyglobespan B767 - but it is on it's way...more to follow....watch this space..!!!:ok: :ok:

Dragging it back on topic...

Care to throw us a few hints on destinations Poca?

teachin
17th Mar 2006, 09:46
Hmm, I wrote to Globespan and downloaded their application form about 2 months ago. I haven't heard a sausage from them.

BLACK_BUSH
17th Mar 2006, 09:53
sparkymarky
PocaHostie is flying at the mo, however, try the website for up to date destination information:

teachin
What position did you apply for, and was it Globespan or flyglobespan?

webby1919
28th Mar 2006, 12:41
Does anyone know when the B767-300 for Flyglobespan will be in GLA? I heard it is due early April. Is this correct?

Also, has anyone any info on routes for Winter 06 yet? Will they continue with Florida or change their destinations?

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
28th Mar 2006, 12:46
It`s doing 3 flights a week Manchester to Capetown so not much time left for anything else

G-I-B

webby1919
28th Mar 2006, 12:49
I thought that a 2nd B767 will be coming in October 2006 to accommodate the MAN-CPT flights, as they are still selling the SFB flights until hte end of November, which would mean that they meed 2 aircraft in order to fly the 2 routes. Have they received permission yet from the South African Government to fly the route?

HON 1R
29th Mar 2006, 07:27
please delete

webby1919
29th Mar 2006, 07:30
Why wouldn't they get a first any more? I do know for a fact that the B767-300 is due in at GLA sometime next month, so your sources are wrong. About the CPT route, I'm not sure about that, they are still waiting on approval from the SA Govt. We shall have to wait and see.

airish
29th Mar 2006, 11:16
On another website there is a picture of a 767 in Flyglobespan livery in Auckland. http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1024394&size=L&width=1024&height=693&sok=JURER%20%20%28cubgb_vq%20%3D%20%271024394%27%20BE%20cubg b_vq%20%3D%20%271024440%27%29%20%20BEQRE%20OL%20cubgb_vq%20Q RFP&photo_nr=2

BLACK_BUSH
29th Mar 2006, 17:37
airish
Thank you for that, the first picture we have of our new baby !
Tail decals still to be applied, but 'isn't she lovely'.

Her sister is still on schedule for arrival with us in Nov 2006.

Watch this space chaps !

sparkymarky
29th Mar 2006, 19:05
BLACK_BUSH ya big tease!

At least drop us a few hints? West, East, or South? City or sun?

I'd love one of the destinations to be, ahem, worth a gamble?

teachin
29th Mar 2006, 19:23
The picture in question is a computer graphic copied from the popular game Flight Simulator, look at the sea behind the plane, its a cartoon! I have that game so am familiar with the style of the image. Don't be duped by someones artistry with the Flight Sim game.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
29th Mar 2006, 21:36
Looks pretty real to me

G-I-B

haughtney1
29th Mar 2006, 23:09
The picture in question is a computer graphic copied from the popular game Flight Simulator, look at the sea behind the plane, its a cartoon! I have that game so am familiar with the style of the image. Don't be duped by someones artistry with the Flight Sim game

Oh dear there is one on every thread:hmm: teachin..get back on the meds..trust me you need to! As I was there yesterday..I am happy to confirm I saw it with my own pair of eyes (plus contacts):)

Scottie
30th Mar 2006, 04:51
BLACK_BUSH ya big tease!
At least drop us a few hints? West, East, or South? City or sun?
I'd love one of the destinations to be, ahem, worth a gamble?

What, Blackpool? :confused: ;)

BLACK_BUSH
30th Mar 2006, 06:40
Blackpool's a lovely spot & a longtime favourite destination for Scots but our Chairman has already mentioned taking his customers rather further afield:

http://business.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=105342006

sparkymarky
I'll have a splash with you on the tables when we do!

NG708
30th Mar 2006, 06:53
Globespan 767 spotted in the flesh!
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1024394&WxsIERv=Obrvat%20767-319%2FRE&Wm=0&WdsYXMg=Syltyborfcna%20%28Vfynaqfsyht%29&QtODMg=Nhpxynaq%20-%20Vagreangvbany%20%28NXY%20%2F%20AMNN%29&ERDLTkt=Arj%20Mrnynaq&ktODMp=Znepu%2029%2C%202006&BP=1&WNEb25u=Pbyva%20Uhagre&xsIERvdWdsY=MX-APA&MgTUQtODMgKE=Gnkvat%20va%20nsgre%20ynaqvat%20ba%2023E%20fcbe gvat%20vgf%20arj%20bcrengbef%20pbybhe%20fpurzr.%20%5BAvxba%2 0Q70%2C%20Avxxbe%20NS%20RQ%20IE%2080-400zz%20yraf%5D&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=3743&NEb25uZWxs=2006-03-29%2009%3A46%3A57&ODJ9dvCE=&O89Dcjdg=29388%2F785&static=yes&width=1024&height=693&sok=JURER%20%20%28nvepensg_trarevp%20YVXR%20%27Obrvat%20767% 25%27%29%20NAQ%20%28nveyvar%20YVXR%20%27Syltyborfcna%25%27%2 9%20%20beqre%20ol%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=1&prev_id=&next_id=NEXTID

Looks very good. Hope the link works.

Skipness One Echo
30th Mar 2006, 11:22
Beautiful indeed. Good luck to all at flyGlobespan and may all your flights be fully booked ones.....
About time we Scots did this sort of malarkey you know...:)

tristar500
2nd Apr 2006, 18:57
Rumours abound of leasing in larger aircraft (Not B767-300s) for long-haul ops to Africa and the Far East... Anyone got any more info?

5711N0205W
2nd Apr 2006, 19:30
Interesting, just back from FAJS and heard a similar Rumour, also one surrounding Ryanair loghaul into South Africa, sure I've seen that mentioned on here before.

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
2nd Apr 2006, 21:31
Try this link to photo of Globespan B767 pre delivery in New Zealand

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1024394&size=L&width=1024&height=693&sok=JURER%20%20%28cubgb_vq%20%3D%20%271024394%27%20BE%20cubg b_vq%20%3D%20%271024440%27%29%20%20BEQRE%20OL%20cubgb_vq%20Q RFP&photo_nr=2

G-I-B

goldeneye
2nd Apr 2006, 21:55
Im sure there was talk of them before ordering the 777, a few months ago, and the 767 is a stop gap to see how longhaul performs

chrisp230
3rd Apr 2006, 10:07
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5700205

Here she is.. a bit better than the airliners one..

Gorgeous!

Oshkosh George
3rd Apr 2006, 13:12
The plan was actually 787s,but these obviously not yet available,hence the 767s.

HON 1R
3rd Apr 2006, 13:22
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5700205
Here she is.. a bit better than the airliners one..
Gorgeous!
....Well it's from JetPhotos for starters :ok:

Tarek Nor
7th Apr 2006, 07:34
Nevermind that lot, here's the real deal leaving AKL for SFB today.....

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1028303/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1028302/M

26point2
8th Apr 2006, 09:13
Its nice to hear of a new airline doing so well with such investments in aircraft and people. I'd like to know if the FlyGlobespan Stansted base is also getting further investment??
i'm 73NG rated and would love to fly out of Stansted.. Any tips before i send in my C/V??

Thanks,

breagh01
8th Apr 2006, 20:24
The picture in question is a computer graphic copied from the popular game Flight Simulator, look at the sea behind the plane, its a cartoon! I have that game so am familiar with the style of the image. Don't be duped by someones artistry with the Flight Sim game.

I love this all you real doubters. lol

just for your unbelieving information this beastie is arriving in EDI tomorow (Sun 9th April) to start cabin crew training.

I have had such a giggle with you people saying "no. if definately aint comin, etc" give us a break and grab your anoraks to see this thing in the flesh so to speak for yourself.

Edited picture indeed haha

Ghost :)

breagh01
8th Apr 2006, 22:44
Yup correct. It was supposed to be coming here but alas plans have changed so it is going to GLA now as you have correctly pointed out Gaz. cheers matey :ok:

Tarek Nor
9th Apr 2006, 00:41
There was some a short lived plan to put the a/c in EDI for a few
days, however as stated it will now be delivered straight to its
base GLA, should arrive around 0300z. :ok:

afterdark
9th Apr 2006, 05:37
watched the 763 land at Glasgow this morning at 4.05 am.

nice approach came over past the Erskine Bridge then turned went over Faifley then over top of Bearsden and lined up short over Drumchapel.

it was parked at the end of low-cost pier when I got to the terminal fully painted and ready to go.

cabot
9th Apr 2006, 18:08
Anyone any ideas what it is going to be used for, prior to taking up flights across the pond to SFB apart from trainig purposes? Seems a waste to see it sitting idle for 6 weeks.

sickBocks
9th Apr 2006, 18:13
Well if it's anything like when the 800s & 600s arrived a year ago it'll probably be off around the country on tour to burn-off the sectors for the crews. Manual loadsheets anyone? :{

despegue
9th Apr 2006, 20:58
Apparantly they will do crew familiarisation flights on the GLA-TFS routes...

Charley
10th Apr 2006, 12:20
Looks as if it's currently being used for crew training (i.e. circuits) at DSA.

Bundanoon
11th Apr 2006, 01:53
Charley is correct in stating GCDPT was at EGCN training today!

tristar500
11th Apr 2006, 18:58
GSMs 1st Boeing 767-300 has arrived in GLA. EX ANZ and is to be followed by a second example. 2 x KLM B767-300s are also due soon. Heres to a successful operation (Sanford and Capetown)!

jethro15
11th Apr 2006, 20:37
2 x KLM B767-300s are also due soon.
Are you sure?

jethro
UK and Ireland Airline Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com

tristar500
11th Apr 2006, 20:40
Sure. A friend of mine was commuting through GLA today, and said he saw it... If however he was lying, I can assure you I will kick his *ss!

Psr777
11th Apr 2006, 20:51
Rumour mill suggests that they haven't yet got permission to fly to the US, anyone know anything?

cabot
11th Apr 2006, 22:14
yes they have received permission to fly to SFB

cabot
11th Apr 2006, 22:17
Where did the info about 2 ex klm come from ? I thought they were only starting of with the 2 ex Air NZ then taking it from there.

Gpik
12th Apr 2006, 11:43
FLyglobespan to reduce their flights to Amsterdam, intead of Daily operation the flights now only operate Monday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday. From around the 26th June. Do you think their are too many operators from west coast to AMS now? KLM,GSM and Transavia from Prestwick? :bored:

crewboi83
12th Apr 2006, 20:23
Any guys on here work for GSM on the 737 and 767?
Was just wondering, when you did your initial training course did you do life rafts in the swimming pool? If not, are you guys having to go back and do them again now?
Was just curious
Thanks

Psr777
13th Apr 2006, 11:34
Hi Cabot,

When did they receive permission, do you know? Only a Captain I spoke to yesterday said they still don't have it....

Secondly, has it flown anywhere yet? Looks good on the remote stand, but would be better to see it flying in and out..:ok:

tristar500
13th Apr 2006, 11:42
Any guys on here work for GSM on the 737 and 767?
Was just wondering, when you did your initial training course did you do life rafts in the swimming pool? If not, are you guys having to go back and do them again now?
Was just curious
Thanks

I beleive the crew training is done at Cranebank by BA. Only know that because I know a captain going through the motions...:8

goldeneye
13th Apr 2006, 21:22
I know Flyglobespan are selling the Sanford flights, but ive been keeping an eye on the Orlando Sanford Airport (http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com) website, but there is still no mention on there of them starting flights, have they got there slots in Sanford yet.

smith
14th Apr 2006, 10:36
If you go here http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/destinations.asp and scroll down to Europe scheduled, Glasgow is the first on the list although it doesn't state GSM, if you scroll further down Europe Charter has the usual carriers.

I take it this Glagow scheduled flight refers to GSM as I cant think of anyone else.

Carnethy
14th Apr 2006, 12:33
Just looked at the Sanford website and it seems just about every British Airport is there except Edinburgh!! OK, I'm exagerating but it's really embrassing for the capital of Scotland to be missing from there when you can fly direct from Doncaster!!!!????
Come on BAA, get your finger out!!

Joe Curry
14th Apr 2006, 15:29
Seems EDI is good enough for GSM's Tango 767 Cat III landings, but not good enough for direct services to SFB.
(Approach pic taken at EDI today)
http://www1.airpics.com/showimg.php?imgid=93829
Why are BAA not pushing long haul leisure services from EDI?
Lack of facilities/infrastructure they should have provided or what?

GW76
14th Apr 2006, 15:31
Just looked at the Sanford website and it seems just about every British Airport is there except Edinburgh!! OK, I'm exagerating but it's really embrassing for the capital of Scotland to be missing from there when you can fly direct from Doncaster!!!!????
Come on BAA, get your finger out!!
Its all about supply and demand. Do you really think airlines would be avoiding the route if they thought there would be money to be made......:zzz:

Joe Curry
14th Apr 2006, 15:35
An independent airport operator at EDI would not have Florida pax passing it's front door, they would compete.

Any so called competition at BAA's Scottish Airports is nothing more than a charade.

PPRuNe Pop
16th Apr 2006, 10:31
This thread is descending into the realms of seriously boring rubbish. Irrelevant stuff that is of no interest to the majority who want real news.

What is worse is that some of you are using the thread to 'chat' about each others posts. If you want to do that use the phone! NOT PPRuNe.

So, post sensible posts or they will be deleted. If that doesn't work I will kill the thread. I have already deleted several silly nonsense posts.

Get it back on track.

PPP

tristar500
19th Apr 2006, 14:50
On-Line check in is in development as we speak. Its an important part of GSMs future planning and will be available within the year

Centre cities
19th Apr 2006, 22:49
An advert by this carrier in a well known publication for a senior position mentions a base at a Midlands Airport as well as Manchester and Glasgow.

Is the advert incorrect or are they planning a Midlands base and if so which airport.

They arn't flying for Flywho are they?

Centre cities

jethro15
28th Apr 2006, 11:08
Apparently, GSM will not now be operating to Florida this winter and therefore will only require the one B767. Any further expansion of the fleet is not now expected until summer 07. Anyone able to confirm?

webby1919
28th Apr 2006, 12:02
Thats about right, B767 will be going to MAN over Winter to operate MAN-CPT, probably no further longhaul routes until Summer 07 for GLA.

ILOVEMCO
4th May 2006, 15:53
new section appeared on the globespan's website for US residents allowing them to buy tickets to glasgow

GoEDI
8th May 2006, 14:33
STN-TFS, GLA-TFS, GLA-BCN, LPL-TFS (!) on sale for winter now.

webby1919
11th May 2006, 15:38
Looks like GLA-AMS is being axed by GSM, and only into its 2nd month. Must not be selling well. Down to weekly from June 06.

sparkymarky
11th May 2006, 19:56
A work colleague had booked tickets for a sizeable party heading over to Amsterdam.

The flights were canned, and a refund offered, but by then the alternatives had gone up in price.

Globespan on the whole seem pretty good, but in this instance the service was rather shoddy.

GW76
11th May 2006, 21:55
Looks like GLA-AMS is being axed by GSM, and only into its 2nd month. Must not be selling well. Down to weekly from June 06.
No wonder- KLM are really going for it- putting anything up to a 739 on the route at great frequencies.

GoEDI
11th May 2006, 23:50
GW76

What KLM doesn't allow for unless you're prepared to rip yourself off is a one-way, a day return or even an overnight stay, unless it is a Saturday night stay.
Shame as I was looking at using this service this summer, won't be anymore! 1x weekly to AMS is a complete joke! I thought 1x weekly to FCO at EDI was bad...

XSBaggage
12th May 2006, 00:54
Dont know about the HV loads from PIK, the prices seem to be pretty high though, suggesting that the route is doing well. Posted somewhere else a while ago casting doubt on the viability of KLM, Transavia and GSM on the same route. Looks like I was proved right. Maybe the popularity of AMS is beginning to wane slightly amongst the drunken weekend bunch, as DUB did and PRG seems to be doing too. Everyone is moving further east.

XSB

GoEDI
12th May 2006, 10:37
GSM are now axing it completely from 4th June, might aswell as 1x weekly was completely pointless!

Buster the Bear
12th May 2006, 21:28
http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2006/05/08/daily52.html?jst=b_ln_hl

XSBaggage
12th May 2006, 21:42
Think that the "airport officials" quoted are being a little over-enthusiastic when they say that the GSM service will save 24 hours over exisiting routes, and that it is the "first ever direct link", maybe first ever scheduled link is better. Still it is good to see they are getting acknowledged on the other side of the Atlantic too. I really wonder how it will do though. Cant get a feel for what I think of it. In the summer sure, a great idea, but USA-originating traffic given SFB´s lack of connections and an off-peak daily flight...... I dont know. Got couple of friends recently employed as long haul CC for GSM though, so will be able to let you know!

XSB

smith
14th May 2006, 07:50
Read an article saying that Sanford Airport and the local county council are combining to give GSM a grant of $75,000 per year for the next seven years to provide the service.

Justonemorebeer..hic
16th May 2006, 13:28
I see that Jethros Fleet listings is saying that the second 767 will be arriving in 2007. What happened to the Orlando's running all year and the Capetowns starting in October with the second aircraft. Have bookings been below expectations or what????

brian_dromey
16th May 2006, 14:23
LoganAir have pulled off the daily GLA-ORK-GLA route does anyone here think that Globespan might now operate the route? Apparently there are some noises about it? It could certainly make sense with the 736, as Cork has quite a high volume of both business and leisure travellers, also GSM would have a monopoly on the route, neither is there a service to EDI. It would certainly make more sense than slugging it out with KLM and Transavia to AMS!

Voldermort
16th May 2006, 17:26
"neither is there a service to EDI"
So Aer Arann with a 10 x a week sevice CRK to EDI does not count then!!!:confused:

afterdark
18th May 2006, 13:45
I see Flyglobespan are now serving Tenerife from Liverpool daily during the winter months with prices from £29 + taxes

afterdark
18th May 2006, 13:50
now from Liverpool to Tenerife winter 06/07

webby1919
18th May 2006, 14:23
This'll be their next base. Also read plans afoot to launch longhaul next year from Newcastle and Cardiff. Should be interesting.

caaardiff
18th May 2006, 15:17
This'll be their next base. Also plans afoot to launch longhaul next year from Newcastle and Cardiff. Should be interesting.
Where did you hear this? I read an article mentioning some more long-haul routes from NCL/CWL etc, but when i emailed asking about it the reply was along the lines of 'We have no plans in the near future to launch services from Cardiff'
If they do, i cant see them launching an SFB from CWL as its already operated through the summer by Monarch(A330) Thomson (763) and Travel City-Excel (743)

GW76
18th May 2006, 15:28
i cant see them launching an SFB from CWL
I think thats your only chance of long haul from CWL with GSM

GoEDI
18th May 2006, 18:11
caaardiff

There was an article in this months Airliner World stating more long haul from GLA, EDI, CWL, NCL. I presume that;s where he got it from.

despegue
19th May 2006, 21:30
Second B767 coming in Autumn 2006. Based in MAN. confirmed.
Third B767 arriving Spring 2007 confirmed.
All are ex ANZ.

2 B737.700's arriving spring 2007 confirmed.

this should stop guesswork.

GW76
19th May 2006, 21:49
despegue

And your source is....?
Are all the other "rumours" confirmed too? 757's, GLA-CPT, 737-700s based at ABZ ?

Pointer
21st May 2006, 16:30
Hey despegue,

i see you have found your new house in order? haha, very well, are you enjoying Scotland? not nearly as nice as BTS though!

Its good to see that GSM is doing allright, but the different bases..... potential cash drain alert!

Pointer :E

goldeneye
21st May 2006, 16:51
Is it me or is GSM being a bit ambitious with all there bases, EDI, GLA, STN fair enough, but now MAN and LPL. Is there going to be an aircraft based at LPL for the TFS flight or is it going to be a W service from one of the scottish aiports or STN. Also what is the MAN B767 going to do on the days its not operating to CPT.

submariner
21st May 2006, 19:59
Looking at the timings from LPL it looks at this stage that it will be a based a/c, not on a 'W'. There is the time available for a possible routing to a comparatively close european neighbour such as Prague etc. as well as TFS but we shall wait and see.

I believe that the MAN a/c is fully utilised on the CPT run

Damian O'Leary
22nd May 2006, 11:30
Interview in The Herald newspaper with Tom Dalrymple, the Globespan boss, on the airline's future

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/62465.html (http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/62465.html)

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/62446.html (http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/62446.html)

Possible new long haul destinations include Red Sea, North Africa, West Africa, the Caribbean, Mexico, New York, Boston, LA, Las Vegas and San Francisco.

Denzil
24th May 2006, 20:22
A recent article in The Scotsman quotes the following;

Flyglobespan will add seven Boeing aircraft, nearly doubling its current fleet of one 767 and nine 737s, with an eye toward expanding its long-haul services, according to press reports. The Edinburgh-based LCC will lease two more 767s, two 757s and three 737s. "We would like to be recognized as Scotland's national airline. Our drive is to develop a network to match that aspiration," Chairman Tom Dalrymple told The Scotsman, mentioning New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco as possible US destinations along with the Caribbean, Mexico, Africa and the Middle East.

With this in mind & the fact that are based in Scotland, with UK "G" registered aircraft shouldn't they carry the name Air Scotland????

Grand yahoo
24th May 2006, 21:29
ACMI = Aircraft Crew Maintenance Insurance.
This is Wet lease and the aircraft stays on the AOC of the supplier.
Dry lease means just the aircraft and it has to go on the AOC of the user.
Damp is a wet lease sans cabin crew and or maintenance.
rgds

Ametyst
24th May 2006, 22:32
Fly Globespan commencing a daily Liverpool to Prague service from 3rd November in addition to the daily Tenerife South service already announced from Liverpool.

HH6702
25th May 2006, 10:19
Does anybody have any information about any services from NCL as i know they were looking at NCL and CWL also

AEUENG
26th May 2006, 21:37
Heard a rumour down this neck of the woods that Globespan might be basing and aircraft at Exeter,possibly to challenge Flybe on the spanish routes and maybe to fly to the canary islands. A decent sized catchment area and it would certainly do the average pax a lot of good if another airline were to challenge Flybe's niche! Any truth in this??:confused:

GW76
26th May 2006, 23:11
Globespan might be basing and aircraft at Exeter.........Any truth in this?
No:rolleyes:
Muuuch bigger fish to fry

goldeneye
27th May 2006, 17:05
Travelweekly are reporting that Flyglobespan are looking to base a Boeing 737-700 and Aberdeen from next year, no mention of routes yet, but i suspect Malaga, Alicante, Palma and Faro will be on the list.

HH6702
28th May 2006, 13:55
Heard rumours that one of the 757 's are to based at NCL!!

GW76
28th May 2006, 14:21
HH6702

Nah, cant see that one myself.

aeulad
28th May 2006, 17:48
Apparently, GSM have put Humberside on their list of potentials. Not from ABZ, but more likely sun routes.

Regards

Mike

Justonemorebeer..hic
29th May 2006, 21:16
Have they started recruiting for pilots for the B767 yet? Does anyone know their minimum requirements (for Captains)?

I heard from a little bird that they were hot to trot for the 787. Whats the deal on that, are they a launch customer for the type or is it just wind and piss?

longarm
29th May 2006, 23:04
Think FCA are the Uk launch customer.

despegue
30th May 2006, 10:38
Justonemorebeer,

You are right.

Oh, and recruitment for summer06 has finished, with lots of BA guys having jumped ship to GSM on the B767, including the fleet chief.

Eff Oh
30th May 2006, 10:54
Hardly "lots of BA guys jumping ship." Only three, one of which was already at GSM, and all of them retired from BA. None "jumped ship."

captaintrigger
31st May 2006, 20:14
Just announced,

Weekly flights every Friday from Manchester to Toronto.
Starts First week in November!!

Will be Opearted by a 757/767...

CT

GoEDI
1st Jun 2006, 00:29
Will be a B763.

afterdark
1st Jun 2006, 09:56
Flyglobespan are to expand to Aberdeen and bring budget flights to the north east of Scotland.
From next summer, the airline are to operate a brand new £25m Boeing 737 700 aircraft from Aberdeen which will bring a host of attractive holiday destinations into range for direct flights.
Flyglobespan cannot say exactly what resorts they will be flying to until landing rights have been negotiated but point out that the fuel efficient 700s can fly as far as Cyprus from Aberdeen - putting all of the Mediterranean resorts within easy reach.

ILOVEMCO
2nd Jun 2006, 12:45
anyone know how the inaugural GLA - SFB went this morning. was their good send off? was it full?

webby1919
2nd Jun 2006, 12:56
GLA-SFB
Friday 2/6/06:

No-Frills (160 seats) - 4 seats left
Premium (60 seats) - Sold Out
Business (24 seats) - Sold Out

Saturday:

No-Frills - Sold Out
Premium - 3 seats left
Business - Sold Out

Sunday:

No-Frills - Sold Out
Premium - 4 seats left
Business - 5 seats left

All in all, quite good loads for the first weekend.

Caledonian
2nd Jun 2006, 15:41
Hi Webby!

any idea how tuesday looks, have family on that trip!

Thanks
Caley

Am I Bovered
2nd Jun 2006, 16:51
I wonder if any of those pilots (Black_bush, G-IBBO,Justonemorebeer, Tarek Nor, NG708) or any of the others promoting this company on the Pprune forum have heard anything from their management as to whether they have enough in the kitty to pay for the Employment Tribunal award made against them by the Stratford Employment Tribunal amounting to £528,000,00 to 17 of their employees whom they cynically made redundant when they changed their name from COUGAR to Globespan?

afterdark
3rd Jun 2006, 03:52
1.wasn't Cougar a 727 charter kinda cargo operator ?
2.did Cougar ever operate 737's ?
3.did Globespan ever operate 727's ?
4.did Flyglobespan purchase Cougar's operating Rights/Licence ?
5.did Cougar close down beause of lack of revenue/funds ?
6.was the management with Flyglobespan involved with Cougar ?

or is it simply the case that one buisness model wasn't working & they shut it down only to try another model which has now worked at the second attempt after trying out at Prestwick first, before moving to Glasgow & hopefully they wont look back ?

bacardi walla
3rd Jun 2006, 07:05
Am I Bovered

Tarek Nor is not and has never been a pilot. The others, well who knows. I would think someone somewhere has enough dosh to cover the bill you mention, lets face it, GSM have ordered a brand new 737 recently at $25m.

Maybe the little dwarf who caused all the aggrovation at Cougar in the first place would care to make a financial contribution out of his own gold lined pocket. He should have retired years ago and gone back under the stone he crawled out from. The day he walked into Cougar, it was doomed.

I hope GSM see the daylight soon and retire him so that they can grow and prosper.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/andy757/pcangry.gif

smith
7th Jun 2006, 07:55
How have the Orlando flights been doing in the first week?

tallaonehotel
7th Jun 2006, 09:10
Any idea what aircraft type is doing the GLA-PMI rotations?
I'm on it on the 4th of July and I'm hoping it ain't a 300 series!.

webby1919
7th Jun 2006, 09:16
The loads on SFB for the first week have been great - either fully booked or nearly full on most flights outbound this week. The inbound flights have proved successful too - with over 100 US pax inbound on the first flight back to GLA.

The GLA-PMI flights are on the B738W.

tallaonehotel
7th Jun 2006, 14:44
Cheers fella, look forward to it.

Sanjo
8th Jun 2006, 07:21
The loads on SFB for the first week have been great - either fully booked or nearly full on most flights outbound this week. The inbound flights have proved successful too - with over 100 US pax inbound on the first flight back to GLA.
The GLA-PMI flights are on the B738W.

it is always good to have a full load flights, however this is not the difficult bit. after all the loads can be controlled 100% by how high or low you set your fares. if for example the flight is full of £20 paying passengers, then it is not necessarily a very strong flight. i am not saying thats how much they paid. just trying to explain that load factor is not necessarily a measure of a route's success.

Sanjo

afterdark
11th Jun 2006, 04:41
nearly no 767-300 any more @ SFB

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/seminole/orl-mairfire1006jun10,0,467099.story?coll=orl-news-headlines-seminole

goldeneye
11th Jun 2006, 23:30
yikes that could have been bad

fx-85ms
12th Jun 2006, 16:17
HI just to understand a bit better, how many aircraft does GSM currently have and where are they based?

cheers

Jet_stream
12th Jun 2006, 16:32
Currently

2 x 733 GLA based
4 x 736 3 EDI based and 1 STN based
3 x 738 GLA based
1 x 763 GLA based

and also 2 x 733 leased from channex/jet2 rotate in EDI too.

Jet_stream
12th Jun 2006, 16:35
Just for clarification re: SFB fueling incident. There were no pax onboard GSM 763 only flight deck at that time. The a/c was moved to another gate and departed 50 mins late.

webby1919
15th Jun 2006, 08:50
Flyglobespan have launched a 6-weekly route from EDI-CMF starting Dec running to Apr 07.

cabot
17th Jun 2006, 18:32
Anyone throw light on exactly where the 757 aircraft are coming from next year.Sources tell me they are due in from a french ? charter airline but couldnt put a name to them.

mmeteesside
17th Jun 2006, 19:23
Only french charter airline with 757's is Axis Airways

mmeteesside

webby1919
20th Jun 2006, 13:55
GSM have released:

GLA-SFB 3 x weekly from Nov 06 - May 06, and then for Summer 07 it returns daily from 31 May 2007.

STN-CMF daily from Dec 06 - Apr 07.

More to come.

dwlpl
20th Jun 2006, 15:10
When?

Another two routes exLiverpool are rumoured.

webby1919
20th Jun 2006, 15:15
I'd guess it will be Chambery from Liverpool 3 x weekly over Winter.

Also another daily service from STN to ???, as the STN to CMF arrives back at STN around 11 am. It may be another Winter Sun route such as ACE or LPA.

Also, there are more longhaul to be announced from GLA, likely YYZ possibly another route too.

There should also be some more shorthaul from GLA to be released too for Winter 06.

Hial Flyer
20th Jun 2006, 17:37
Are they going to base 2 aircraft at Stansted in the winter as the TFS departs at 1000 with the CMF not arriving back until 1115.