PDA

View Full Version : GF interview November 2005

buboso
24th Oct 2005, 20:37
Good morning everybody, i've been invited for an Interview with Gulf Air on November 2005.

I'd like to know some more information about Pay, Rosters and life conditions.

I already checked with the search option but i didn't find a lot.

I looked also PPJN but there are old information.

Thank you.

buboso

buboso
25th Oct 2005, 12:49
thank you very much for all the answers: 0!!!!!

ironbutt57
25th Oct 2005, 13:19
One would assume that at the interview you are attending, you would recieve the most accurate answer to your questions...:rolleyes:

BusTie
25th Oct 2005, 15:51
send me a PM with the exact questions I will try to asnwer them for you.

Bustie

buboso
27th Oct 2005, 04:59
250 views of this topic and still no answer!!!

Is there anyone who can help me, please?

Thanks!

buboso

ironbutt57
27th Oct 2005, 05:24
Why don't you just chill, and get your questions answered at the interview...maybe thats the answer people on this forum are giving you.:ok:

buboso
27th Oct 2005, 05:35
Ok Iron, understood your answer.

Are there other answers?

Thanks

buboso

4HolerPoler
27th Oct 2005, 07:17
buboso, with your attitude & impatience I doubt you have what it takes to make it in GF or for that matter anywhere in the ME. Take a chill pill, bide your time in searching the forums which are full of good gen but if you castigate the members once more because they haven't provided you with an accurate insight to your interview then I shall be obliged to close this thread & show you the door.

4HP

buboso
27th Oct 2005, 07:50
Sorry, i am new of PPRUNE and i don't know well how it works.

I asked some questions, but i had no answer, so i tried to ask again.

No problem.

P.S.

You wrote:

"with your attitude & impatience I doubt you have what it takes to make it in GF or for that matter anywhere in the ME"

OK, i'll stay in Spain, i didn't know you are also a HR manager.

buboso

ironbutt57
27th Oct 2005, 08:02
Doesnt take an HR manager to sort out that your patience threshold is a bit low....why rely on rumors or second hand info?? Do you REALLY have an interview with GF??? Or is this a fishing expedition?? Either way, patience is a virtue, sorry that someone "in the know" has not come forward with the info you requested...

Left Coaster
27th Oct 2005, 11:19
Hey Biker Boy!:ok:

2lowgear
4th Nov 2005, 16:17
I've been with GF for about two years based in Abu Dhabi and about to be transfered to Bahrain. We get 8 days off a month and we are assigned our monthly rosters. You can put in one request a month either for a day off or a trip you want, but other than that they own you. They pay me about Dhs 21500 which includes Dhs 6000 housing allowance. Although when I go back to Bahrain housing allowance will reduce by about half. One of the three shareholders (AUH) recently pulled out, so things are a little uncertain around here. Although with the ongoing turn over I suspect they will always be short of crew.

in limbo
4th Nov 2005, 17:30
Just curious about the housing allowance;
Was the amount sufficient to pay for your villa or apartment in Abu Dhabi?
The Bahrain allowance seem to cover anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of your rent. They also say it is under review.

boeingdriverx
6th Nov 2005, 02:11
yes, it is half. In my case, Bahrain base no wife no kids:

312 BD is the allowance
700 BD is the rent of my flat...

they should think about doing something sooner or later...

cheers!
BD

shortrunway
6th Nov 2005, 09:14
Just to clarify about the house allowance:

For married is Bd350, plus utility allowance of Bd48 (if it is a fully furnished flat), plus 10% of the flat's rental (for the taxes). Nowadays it's quite hard to find a decent flat for Bd450, I took almost one year to find one, during this time I had to pay additional Bd200 from my pocket for a flat.
You will never find a villa for less than Bd650 and 99% of them are not furnished, in this case you'll have to buy the furniture, pay the taxes, internet (about Bd40 for a 512!), satellite TV, etc.
Put it in a piece of paper and you will spend about Bd800 just for a place to live!